XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smitty2802
nice drawing bruce...lol

-DC-
Thanks, if you have a better one feel free to post it up.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
Thanks, if you have a better one feel free to post it up.
I wish...lol i'm def not talented enough to do that stuff...lol

-DC-
Old 12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I wish...lol i'm def not talented enough to do that stuff...lol

-DC-
Oh well, your driving skills make up for it. I have no driving skills so my art "skills" are all I have. The good part is that I have no pressure to win at the track. My goal is to beat one person each week, I don't even care who that one person is.

It would make it much easier for you to just drive my car and tell me what it needs. I know you don't want to though since after driving it you would have to sell the Schumacher to get the T3.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

lucky you, that track layout is sweet..
Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Broken chassis

This message is in no way intended to bash XRAY. I have had my T3 EU for one week. Raced it in two qualifyers. After the second qualifyer, I realized the chasiss was starting to go. There was some eruption in the carbon fiber and the pins in the suspension retainer on BOTH sides were no longer seated all the way due to delamination. I was not involved in any meaningful crash. Sure the car was bumped around etc. I do not know any of you no am I looking for trouble. Just recoiunting my experience. I have a friend who will remain nameless who told me about two weeks ago on another subject, that Xray sold less than 100 T2 US Spec cars in the United States. I agree this is hard to bleieve but I have heard this before. I do not know if it is true. But in any event, to the extent that it is true, If Xrays T3 sales are similar, then a huge percentage of T3 owners are having this problem. I have a chassis that needs to be replaced and none are avaialble. This problem appears to be bigger than many of you realize. It is a big enough problem that Xray has adressed it within 10 days of releasing the kit by offering a free replacement suspension holder. Dont get me wrong. This car preformed amazingly in practice and in the qualifyers. I am just now sitting on the sidelines wishing I had not run the car without this new piece. Sit back and watch. I predict a lot more broken cars to come.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mwillis
This message is in no way intended to bash XRAY. I have had my T3 EU for one week. Raced it in two qualifyers. After the second qualifyer, I realized the chasiss was starting to go. There was some eruption in the carbon fiber and the pins in the suspension retainer on BOTH sides were no longer seated all the way due to delamination. I was not involved in any meaningful crash. Sure the car was bumped around etc. I do not know any of you no am I looking for trouble. Just recoiunting my experience. I have a friend who will remain nameless who told me about two weeks ago on another subject, that Xray sold less than 100 T2 US Spec cars in the United States. I agree this is hard to bleieve but I have heard this before. I do not know if it is true. But in any event, to the extent that it is true, If Xrays T3 sales are similar, then a huge percentage of T3 owners are having this problem. I have a chassis that needs to be replaced and none are avaialble. This problem appears to be bigger than many of you realize. It is a big enough problem that Xray has adressed it within 10 days of releasing the kit by offering a free replacement suspension holder. Dont get me wrong. This car preformed amazingly in practice and in the qualifyers. I am just now sitting on the sidelines wishing I had not run the car without this new piece. Sit back and watch. I predict a lot more broken cars to come.
Just out of curiousity, what motor are you running? It seems like most (if not all) of the chassis are breaking in the mod class. I'm not saying this is right or acceptable it's just a question.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Amain has the chassis in stock if you need it to get running again.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...is-Rubber-Spec

I ran mine for the first time this weekend with the double one piece bulkheads in the front ( I ground the one I used at the back for belt clearance) and I had no broken parts. Plenty of hits on the walls and other cars though, I was trying to find a working set up for carpet with Jaco blues

Last edited by tcdrvr2; 12-02-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
Oh well, your driving skills make up for it. I have no driving skills so my art "skills" are all I have. The good part is that I have no pressure to win at the track. My goal is to beat one person each week, I don't even care who that one person is.

It would make it much easier for you to just drive my car and tell me what it needs. I know you don't want to though since after driving it you would have to sell the Schumacher to get the T3.
will do fri night then if your there... I don't plan on running since I have to go to work that night...

just text me when your about to the track and i'll leave and meet you there and we'll get you setup and running

-DC-
Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I attempted a "repair" of my chassis.

I added a bunch of thin CA into the cracked area and used a couple wooden blocks w/ C-clamps to smooth out the chassis while the CA cured. I then used a file to clean up any CA. The damage on the top side wasn't so bad, it was billowed, but didn't appear to go completely through the chassis.

I don't know how this will hold together, but my hope is within the new piece it will be enough to not have to buy another chassis. Fingers crossed.

On the note of "driving skills".... I also race 1/12 pan cars on the same track and nominally have the driving skill with those... and I have yet to break anything on my RC12... and yes, I also hit the wall the same way I hit it with the T3. The RC12 is also running a 13.5T, so it's a bit quicker.

So, after examining the chassis, reading Xray's assessment, and thinking about it, I take back what I said and the new piece should be able to prevent similar damage in the future. I think that Xray went out of their way to create an extremely flexible chassis to provide the best handling possible, but may have gone "a bit too far" and sacrificed a bit of survivability for ultimate handling.

At least, that's how I am trying to spin it to lift my spirits.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

will do fri night then if your there... I don't plan on running since I have to go to work that night...

just text me when your about to the track and i'll leave and meet you there and we'll get you setup and running

-DC-
Will do, pm me your number. I generally get there around 4:30.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
Sorry but this is far from the truth. The 1st batch of T3's pretty much pre sold before the order got here. The left overs ( for stock) sold out the following week. And now the second order is also approaching being sold out and it is not even here yet.

We had multiple dealers in Canada order more then 5 kits...LOL in fact next to the original T2 we have not had a better car launch as far as kit sales #'s

The only thing that has changed is the sales ratio, 90% of Canada is running rubber tire now, the other 10% is foam. The demand is for rubber cars. We of course stock the foam kit but at the ratio I listed.

On another note.

With such a good release of the 1st batch, I am happy and releived to report that we have not heard of a chassis break ( knock on wood) I am sure racers that are on the fence are waiting to see how this plays out in the long run but it tells me racers in Canada are happy with the T3.

Thanks

Korgae

XRAY Canada
I personally witnessed Jim in Calgary put a few hundred laps on his T3 last night, and it definitely isn't the first night he has ran it.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

man i guess ill stick with my TC5R for now till xray gets thier act together and can make a product actually worth 500 bux and wont break or fall apart on you on one incedentaly crash or tbone sorrta sound like the quality of a gm car lol
Old 12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mwillis
Jeff at www.speedtechrc.com has the lower plate in stock. shipping with USPS.. it should be there by sat if you order now.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=812&id=9071

- Chris
Old 12-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I am a Xray Fanboy, but I'm....

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
My local race area owns more than 58 009's.

This last weekend with a small crowd we posted these cars in the A Mains alone, 12 T3's and 5 T2's. The B-Main in 17.5 was 8 Xray T3/T2 and 1 Losi 1 TC5. We also had 4 009's that didn't race and just sat there to practice. Off the top of my head I can count 10-12 more 009/T3 owners who were out of town and couldn't race.

You guys really need to get your sales figures correct and stop the hate mongering. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish by posting incorrect figures? Did Xray hurt your feelings?

Here, I included a video so you can watch them go around the track and not break.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
very disappointed in the direction Xray went and now I have to wait another year for a new car. The T3 is not worth $500 with the potential of another $100 chassis and blocks. From a marketing and design standpoint Xray blew it when the 416X and BD5 are so close in design and price. Lets see how the T3 does in mod and at the worlds?

I was told only 58 009 kits were sold in the whole US, this is what I was told. Right or wrong I don't know, but that's what he told me, when he was researching a stolen Xray009 from the store. He had no intentions of selling me anything else. Trust me, I was surprised as you. I guess they only sold one 009 and they will not be ordering any T3s. Xray don't sell well in our area. Most are discussed with TC prices and are buying cheaper cars. Otherwise I've only seen one 009 at my track, two 008s, few T2Rpros and an older 05.

Last edited by RCknight; 12-02-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I know for a fact that Nexus Racing alone has sold over 60 T3s and that was from the first batch. I find it extremely hard to believe (In fact, I don't believe it) that only 58 009 kits were sold in the entire US.

The real or potential repercussions of this issue "If there really is one" will be seen in subsequent batches.

I have no complaints with my T3 whatsoever and look forward to continually improving upon its already impressive performance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.