R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #976
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier View Post
Luckily your chassis is still 100%.... haha
it is now it is new LOL but the old one had a lot of crashes and was 8 months old
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #977
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I haven't actually counted the posts from people with a broken chassis, but if someone has the time please do. But what - 10 or so. How many cars are out there racing? 1000 or so? 1% - Is that bad? Would my numbers be close? Are there 2 or 3000 cars out there or only 100. 10% - That is bad!

My guess would only be a small percentage, so I'm still getting one.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #978
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
I haven't actually counted the posts from people with a broken chassis, but if someone has the time please do. But what - 10 or so. How many cars are out there racing? 1000 or so? 1% - Is that bad? Would my numbers be close? Are there 2 or 3000 cars out there or only 100. 10% - That is bad!

This is just one forum - the track I race at is mostly XRays ('008 & '009) with 3 now having T3's, yet of the 25 or so guys there who have XRays, only one actively posts on rctech.

None of the three have had the problem with the chasis AFAIK.

The VTA Photon! (Inactive - back to the Kawada!)
http://vtaphoton.blogspot.com/
Thirtybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #979
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:

I dont know. Some of the posts I've seen say 2 out of 3 at a particular track. So if you look at it that way then its 66%. I would play it safe and use the fix until it is determined how big an issue this is.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #980
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Reino View Post
+1 Just spoke w/ RCAMERICA. all you need is to give them a serial # and you will get the parts Free! Great customer service.

I ran my T3 last weekend for the first time. EU kit. Beat the hell out of it, no breakage issues for me. So I'm not worried about it.
got an e-mail from Nexus and confirmed with Ralph at RCamerica. they want the serial number and where you bought the car and they will send the part.
I am happy with the performance of Xray cars. My 007 still capable car and very easy to drive. set it right and point and shoot. my T3 just went through it's first race. no damage from the crashes. I made A main only to be taken out on the last minute from being hit so hard my battery almost popped out and motor moved out of its mesh. took it all apart and inspected... all good for next race. although I had to re-do my camber on the rear and all adjustments in the front end including droop stop. but most important no tweak on the chassis. lucky me?
I'll be the judge of that.
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #981
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Postponed....

i was going to get the car... but since i have a habit of hitting everything on the track (except the apex of a turn). im worried about destroying the chassis.

when are they going to release kits with the updated front suspension block? or is it just purchase the existing kit..and they'll send you the piece afterwards? sorry didnt feel like reading all the pages on this thread.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #982
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
i was going to get the car... but since i have a habit of hitting everything on the track (except the apex of a turn). im worried about destroying the chassis.

when are they going to release kits with the updated front suspension block? or is it just purchase the existing kit..and they'll send you the piece afterwards? sorry didnt feel like reading all the pages on this thread.
Buy the kit and they send it afterwards. I assume at some point they will just be sent with the kits to speed up the process.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #983
Tech Elite

Quote:

I don't think all the Xray T3 kits sold are in full service yet. Some are still laying in their boxes, some are probably just built and never taken out on the track, etc.

Then, it depends what you look at to compare it against. Compared against failed staplers or microsoft product crashes/bugs it probably is a small number, but if you look at say the TRF 416 (or your choice of car at the same price level on the market) how does it stack up? How many of those (or any other car) have you heard of with a broken chassis in a minor incident? Or take the BD5 for instance because they used the two piece suspension holder from the very begginning. I have not heard of one. And my guess is the reason is they use two screws on the small suspension holders instead of one. Likewise with the Robitronic Avid (which I have), likewise with the newer Tamiya cars with a two-piece suspension holder. Xray made a design mistake but they are too stubborn to admit it. I am looking forward though to see if they will ever confess they have ruined one of their own cars in a competition.

Xray makes brilliant cars, no doubt about that. The quality and finish is indeed industry standard (or should be). But they have to swallow their pride and show they are a great company by taking care of the real world racer not only the top competitor who races on the perfect track with people who don't ever crash. There's little money to be made in TC but however little that may be, it comes form the real world racer.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 12-01-2009 at 08:00 PM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #984
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chaos2984

im intrested in getting a xray soon but im hering all these serious issues with the new T3 is it as junky as everyone claims i have a factory team tc5r now and ive never broken a chassis plate on mine. are that many people having issues with the chassis breaking and i cant believe that i see xray claiming to ca glue the countersunk holes i cant see that helping at all

is it a bad batch of carbon fiber glass or bad resin when it was made.

i just dont want to buy this overly expensive kit and have the chassis break on me and have to drop 100 bux on another chassis

garage xray m18(2) 416x nitro rs4 nitro rs4 3 evo traxxas slash hpi savage Xray NT1 MTX4R Tamiya 416x a few nice planes in my hangar.
chaos2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #985
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

no worry...I think the 1 piece holder will solve the current issue...

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #986
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc168 View Post
no worry...I think the 1 piece holder will solve the current issue...
whats that??

garage xray m18(2) 416x nitro rs4 nitro rs4 3 evo traxxas slash hpi savage Xray NT1 MTX4R Tamiya 416x a few nice planes in my hangar.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #987
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
im intrested in getting a xray soon but im hering all these serious issues with the new T3 is it as junky as everyone claims i have a factory team tc5r now and ive never broken a chassis plate on mine. are that many people having issues with the chassis breaking and i cant believe that i see xray claiming to ca glue the countersunk holes i cant see that helping at all

is it a bad batch of carbon fiber glass or bad resin when it was made.

i just dont want to buy this overly expensive kit and have the chassis break on me and have to drop 100 bux on another chassis
my friend said the holes in the t3 chassis are machines different to the ones in a 009.. maybe thats the cause of the problem, who knows!

Xray just need to admit their mistake and either give the people new a chassis or take the kit back and refund them!
PickenStir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #988
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickenStir View Post
my friend said the holes in the t3 chassis are machines different to the ones in a 009.. maybe thats the cause of the problem, who knows!

Xray just need to admit their mistake and either give the people new a chassis or take the kit back and refund them!
yea i wouldnt want them to take the kit back and refund i would like them just to admit the problem and fix it correctly dont put a bandaid on a broken arm like what the glue is. i have the xray m18 and i have no issue with xray products with that

Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #989
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
whats that??
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...02ade06f393423

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #990
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

We had 5 of the new T3's racing tonight. All cars are in perfect condition and doing well. We race at www.Westcoastrcraceway.com.

Alot of guys hitting walls, chicanes, boards and no chassis problems. I think some of the guys are driving over their skill level with the car and crashing way too hard. Drive within your limits and save a chassis at the same time.