R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #871
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
Now tell me this, would you still buy the T3 if you knew it had this problem upfront, i won`t.
I did! The car is great. Ive hit walls, dots other cars etc. I have had no issues with the car. I think its great. I'm not even going to buy the new part they released. I don't think it is needed.
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #872
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle View Post
Xray came out with a fix, get it and put it on and be done with it.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...d3c87e2f5e8b8a

Also read that Xray will give the updated part to the people who already bought their kits for free.
The part will be included in the next batch of kits as an option to the regular standoffs.
What more do you want. As far as I'm concerned, Xray acted quickly to correct this problem and should be commended for it.
Xray didn't correct the problem, they put a band-aid on it.

And I want a replacement chassis... there is no way I will be able to use this chassis at this point, even if I try to epoxy it back together, it will never be as strong as it should have been from the factory.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Also read that Xray will give the updated part to the people who already bought their kits for free.
The part will be included in the next batch of kits as an option to the regular standoffs.
What more do you want. As far as I'm concerned, Xray acted quickly to correct this problem and should be commended for it.
+1!!!!!
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #874
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post

And I want a replacement chassis... there is no way I will be able to use this chassis at this point, even if I try to epoxy it back together, it will never be as strong as it should have been from the factory.
Don't take offense to this but contact them directly. As it was previously said it's been brought to light now. But at some point it's beating a dead horse to keep going over the same issue again and again. I haven't quite figured out why people seem to feel this car shouldn't break. What about other cars that break arms when hitting something, I haven't read anyone complaining about them. At some point with enough force parts will break on these cars.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #875
Tech Elite

Has anyone else noticed that the the pivot block holders (these small parts that all the fuss is about) at the front of the rear wishbones are closer to the rear of the car than on the T2 '009.

Even so, in the manual it says to use a 2mm shim at the front of the rear wishbones and a 1mm shim at the rear, when I try this the wishbone is pinched far too much and I cannot get it to move freely, the onlyway appears to be using a 0.5mm washer with a 1mm shim at the front instead of the 2mm.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #876
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I haven't quite figured out why people seem to feel this car shouldn't break. What about other cars that break arms when hitting something, I haven't read anyone complaining about them. At some point with enough force parts will break on these cars.
I don't think anyone has said it shouldn't break at all. I think people are just saying that if something should break then Xray needs to ensure it is a less expensive part. Most cars break arms, steering knuckles, or caster blocks in an impact, not a chassis. I think that is a fair request.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #877
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Don't take offense to this but contact them directly. As it was previously said it's been brought to light now. But at some point it's beating a dead horse to keep going over the same issue again and again. I haven't quite figured out why people seem to feel this car shouldn't break. What about other cars that break arms when hitting something, I haven't read anyone complaining about them. At some point with enough force parts will break on these cars.

Maybe because people paid 500.00 for it...not cheap
I think they should take their time to learn the car and set up before
full throttle...my .02

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #878
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post

Well Xray is not going to do anything else to the blocks. As someone else stated, contact them directly in regards to the chassis. They may surprise you and send you a new one.
This is the best car that Xray has released to date. IMO, the problem was minor and now corrected. It's funny how some people blow thing way out of proportion to talk themselves out of buying an Xray. If the blocks stopped you from purchasing an Xray then you had no intention on buying one on the first place....again,my opinion.
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #879
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
I don't think anyone has said it shouldn't break at all. I think people are just saying that if something should break then Xray needs to ensure it is a less expensive part. Most cars break arms, steering knuckles, or caster blocks in an impact, not a chassis. I think that is a fair request.
Here's the problem, everyone that has the car, including me, and has crashed isn't breaking the car in the same manner as others are, the video that was posted of Xray hammering on that particular part shows that it's not inferior. Now granted Xray can't duplicate the exact same crash that each person experienced but hammering on the arm mount proves it's durability. Xray invited drivers to their facility to perform crash tests and still couldn't duplicate that issue but they still released a new mount to combat the issue and people still complain! I can't ever recall a manufacturer addressing an issue of sorts so fast! Yes the kits are $500.00 but everthing costs money, it doesn't mean that a $350.00 kit should be regarded as not expensive. It's not as if the mount falls off the car while driving it, it's from people crashing their cars!

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 11-29-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #880
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
full throttle...my .02
I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #881
Tech Adept

Quote:
Here's the problem, everyone that has the car, including me, and has crashed isn't breaking the car in the same manner as others are, the video that was posted of Xray hammering on that particular part shows that it's not inferior. Now granted Xray can't duplicate the exact same crash that each person experienced but hammering on the arm mount proves it's durability. Xray invited drivers to their facility to perform crash tests and still couldn't duplicate that issue but they still released new mount to combat the issue and people still compain! I can't ever recall a manufacturer addressing an issue of sorts so fast! Yes the kits are $500.00 but everthing cost money, it doesn't mean that a $350.00 kit should be regarded as not expensive. It's not as if the mount falls off the car while driving it, it's from people crashing their cars!
I agree
Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #882
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
full throttle...my .02
I agree again
Old 11-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #883
Tech Adept

Quote:

exactly xray made a fix addressed a problem they couldnt find but took the word of there clubman racers. Yet still beofre the part comes out people are still going flat out into walls Wtf
Burney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #884
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Here's the problem, everyone that has the car, including me, and has crashed isn't breaking the car in the same manner as others are, the video that was posted of Xray hammering on that particular part shows that it's not inferior. Now granted Xray can't duplicate the exact same crash that each person experienced but hammering on the arm mount proves it's durability. Xray invited drivers to their facility to perform crash tests and still couldn't duplicate that issue but they still released a new mount to combat the issue and people still complain! I can't ever recall a manufacturer addressing an issue of sorts so fast! Yes the kits are $500.00 but everthing costs money, it doesn't mean that a $350.00 kit should be regarded as not expensive. It's not as if the mount falls off the car while driving it, it's from people crashing their cars!
I agree that the hammer video is compelling but it was only hit from one direction. I'm not going to pass judgement on those that have broken it since we don't necessarily know how they race relative to us. Perhaps they run mod and you run stock. Perhaps your track has click track /flappers and theirs are 2X4s, or perhaps there was just a bad batch of CF. I have seen and heard of enough of these broken chassis to see that this isn't just an isolated incident. I agree that it is great that Xray has come out with a fix for this but to say it is normal that a chassis breaks and that people shouldn't be upset about it is just ridiculous. I have raced about 15 different cars over 5 years and have never broken a chassis on any of them.

Let me put it another way. Do you carry around a spare chassis plate? Do you carry around spare suspension parts?

Also it appears Xray has a picture of a part and a part#. As far as I can tell you can't get it anywhere yet. At least not in the US.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #885
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
I agree that the hammer video is compelling but it was only hit from one direction. I'm not going to pass judgement on those that have broken it since we don't necessarily know how they race relative to us. Perhaps they run mod and you run stock. Perhaps your track has click track /flappers and theirs are 2X4s, or perhaps there was just a bad batch of CF. I have seen and heard of enough of these broken chassis to see that this isn't just an isolated incident. I agree that it is great that Xray has come out with a fix for this but to say it is normal that a chassis breaks and that people shouldn't be upset about it is just ridiculous. I have raced about 15 different cars over 5 years and have never broken a chassis on any of them.

Let me put it another way. Do you carry around a spare chassis plate? Do you carry around spare suspension parts?

Also it appears Xray has a picture of a part and a part#. As far as I can tell you can't get it anywhere yet. At least not in the US.
+1

If we compare this to F1 , the chassis is usually the last thing to break. "Corners" get ruined all the time but the chassis should be robust and not fail before suspension components absorb the impact by bending or breaking easily replaceable parts. I'm glad the optional 1 piece suspension holder is now available in the kit and available to those that have not had a problem yet. It puts the decision of getting better steering response or a more robust chassis into the hands of the driver / car builder. As long as the documentation explains the options. its a perfect risk / reward scenario in the hands of the driver / car builder.

I'm assuming Xray will do the smart thing and replace chassis's for the people that have experienced this failure and learn from the mistake so they won't have to eat profits in the future.

But for now, I'm VERY pleased with the car and xray's response to date.

We'll see how they handle the replacement chassis for these early "failures" ..... to be continued ...
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote