R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #3106
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
Optimised!

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #3107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
i like.....

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #3108
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Japan MAX CARBON !
Do you stock those modifies upper bulkhead bits?
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #3109
Tech Initiate

+1, I would be interested in the upper bulkhead mounts too

Xray T3R, Hobbywing electronics. Yeah baby!

Rob(not Lee) Streeter

Last edited by hectickurt; 10-02-2010 at 12:08 PM.
hectickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #3110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm seeking some opinions regarding my T3R...... raced it on a fairly high-traction carpet track (rubber tire) Saturday, and it seemed like there was always too much flex and I was fighting the car through the infield. It was actually flexing so much that a couple of times the steering post came out of the upper bearing cap. I have wanted to change the chassis anyway, and now I have some options......

1. Buy the EU lower chassis with either upper deck......

2. Buy the Exotek LiPo chassis with either upper deck......

3. Buy the US upper deck and run all 5 standoffs with stock chassis (running 2 rear and 1 center standoff yesterday seemed to help)......

4. Wait and get the 2011 chassis/upper deck/steering assembly......

I'm not sure when the 2011 stuff will be available, and I'd like to get the new stuff soon. Perhaps it'd be wise to just get the US upper deck for now and convert when the 2011 comes out?

And I've read some mixed reviews on the Exotek chassis; any opinion on it?

I tried using a light rear swaybar on the rear for the A-Main, and it took a bit of the bite from the rear, but it made the car too twitchy to continue using. The car is pretty good everywhere but I'm fighting to get some general looseness into it. With a little TLC the T3R can be quite capable......
Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #3111
Tech Initiate

Were the front tyres overheating? The Xray manual suggest a post betwen the top deck and the chassis directly behind the servo saver which should calm things down a bit, it would also prevent the servo saver popping out the top deck as well

Xray T3R, Hobbywing electronics. Yeah baby!

Rob(not Lee) Streeter
hectickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #3112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I did put a standoff there, and it helped fix the post problem of course. It seemed to help move the setup and driving feel where I wanted, which is why I was thinking the over-flexing was the culprit. The front tires weren't overheating but were definitely getting more of a workout than the rear tires (not unusual running a spool).

The T3R would've been money on a low/medium-grip asphalt track!

I actually changed my 007 over to the foam chassis in RCGT last season because I found it helped with the high grip of the HPI tires.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #3113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Hi guys. I run rubber asphalt. The more i run this car the more i understand it and get my head around it but also frustrates me.

I am trying to find the right balance between front and rear grip as at the moment, I have the car working hard at both ends but im finding that off power into 180 turns the rear end is getting a little loose and making the transition back onto power more difficult. Having tested and not really liked the gear diff I am trying to create some of the rotation a gear diff has with a ball diff.

I am finding that when i let off power and apply brakes to turn the car rotates well but as i come off brakes and onto power again it is not settling down and wants to continue rotating. As power comes in and traction picks back up the car is squirming and feels a little uncomfortable especially in traffic. I am using H roll centers rear with the optional 2 hole arms and 1 hole rear hubs. Here is my current set up. http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1801&setup=t3
I want to ask those who have used these options what they think?

Am i right in thinking if the front of the car has too much grip will it rip the rear end around too quickly? Will taking a away some front grip balance this out? How would you do this?

I moved from f2.8/r2.6 to f3.0/r2.8 springs and that settled it down a little. I was thinking of going to a 1.3 rear bar. I am also thinking of dropping back to the 2 hole rear hubs with the longer link and going back to the L roll centers and dropping 1mm of shim off the link.

Thoughts appreciated. Regards Benzaah.

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #3114
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Benzaah - I too have be struggling with over rotation on power. The three things that have helped are:

1- lowering the rear pins with -0.75 holders
2- running a thicker rear bar
3- running heavier springs all around

I think I'm missing some thing within my shock package.

Make sure your ball diff is freshly rebuilt too. I've experienced diff issues in the past that I thought were handling issues. The hotter the motor, the more diff maintenance u need ..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #3115

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

mike are the speeds of the cars these days makin even stock racers go w/a gear unit up front? Larry was talkin bout gear diffs during downtime at 24 last wk and as soon as i started listening, i got roped into pit duty.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #3116
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
mike are the speeds of the cars these days makin even stock racers go w/a gear unit up front? Larry was talkin bout gear diffs during downtime at 24 last wk and as soon as i started listening, i got roped into pit duty.

R
that 24h race was too intense. i thought i was going to get a lot of work done on my 1/12th and touring cars.. but we hand to spend most of the time either baby sitting our car, or the drivers

i haven't tried a gear diff up front yet. i really like the rear gear diff outdoors on asphalt this summer. the rotation and ability to lay down power w/o any squirm under acceleration was amazing. i ran a gear diff at IIC in super stock and modified -- but it was a little tricky to hold on to. the car cuts very hard from the center to corner exit. i felt that adding a sway bar (or making it thicker) helped control the rear end and make it more predictable.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #3117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Hi guys. I run rubber asphalt. The more i run this car the more i understand it and get my head around it but also frustrates me.

I am trying to find the right balance between front and rear grip as at the moment, I have the car working hard at both ends but im finding that off power into 180 turns the rear end is getting a little loose and making the transition back onto power more difficult. Having tested and not really liked the gear diff I am trying to create some of the rotation a gear diff has with a ball diff.

I am finding that when i let off power and apply brakes to turn the car rotates well but as i come off brakes and onto power again it is not settling down and wants to continue rotating. As power comes in and traction picks back up the car is squirming and feels a little uncomfortable especially in traffic. I am using H roll centers rear with the optional 2 hole arms and 1 hole rear hubs. Here is my current set up. http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1801&setup=t3
I want to ask those who have used these options what they think?

Am i right in thinking if the front of the car has too much grip will it rip the rear end around too quickly? Will taking a away some front grip balance this out? How would you do this?

I moved from f2.8/r2.6 to f3.0/r2.8 springs and that settled it down a little. I was thinking of going to a 1.3 rear bar. I am also thinking of dropping back to the 2 hole rear hubs with the longer link and going back to the L roll centers and dropping 1mm of shim off the link.

Thoughts appreciated. Regards Benzaah.
ben you have pm....also have been using ball diff lately....better on power....

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #3118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Benzaah - I too have be struggling with over rotation on power. The three things that have helped are:

1- lowering the rear pins with -0.75 holders
2- running a thicker rear bar
3- running heavier springs all around

I think I'm missing some thing within my shock package.

Make sure your ball diff is freshly rebuilt too. I've experienced diff issues in the past that I thought were handling issues. The hotter the motor, the more diff maintenance u need ..
Heavier springs, thicker shock oil and thicker bars for same issue for me too.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #3119
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are the difference between the Xray T3 and the Xray T3R?Which is better for touring?
shikakae123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #3120
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikakae123 View Post
What are the difference between the Xray T3 and the Xray T3R?Which is better for touring?
how much the new t3 tq
Mann_Melaka is offline   Reply With Quote