XRAY T3

Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I can't stand the fact of my servo hanging off the chassis. There is plenty of room even with my GTB. I don't get why people think there is not room. lol I have an RS now and I have even more room. Speedos will get even smaller with time. No need to change it Xray.

Yeah the car looks good but I can't see much design detail. I hope it has the tie rods on the bulkheads and they go to a Tamiya style hinge pin blocks. Otherwise the car looks great from what I can tell. Looks like they got rid of the stand offs on the Euro version that's a plus. The Lipo chassis looks great, just what I wanted to see. I didn't want a swiss cheese chassis like the HB one.
Try and fit a SP GT2.O with a receiver not on the servo, then call me I have this atm with my sanwa receiver (451R) and only have 2mm between my speedie and motor. Would like a little more. I could put the receiver on my servo yes, but that looks gay If teh servo the other way round there would be so much more room. And if they place it correctly, it wont hang of the edge of the chassis, not even close.

Will be interesting to see what they come out with anyway, we need some closer pics
Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
The twin bellcranks keep the inner joints of the steering links parallel throughout steering. I single bellcrank can't offer this. What would be nice is twin bellcrank with a servo saver built in.
Totally agree with you Paul, im not biased towards any type of steering as i own cars with both types. I think they both have their good features and drawbacks.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yeah it looks like the tierods could be on the bulk heads now.

It's hard to tell, but I hope they are. I hope Xray comes up with a very smart design for the steering bell crank that's not connected to the upper deck. I love the adjustable ackerman on the current design. It was genus. REgardless I hate my servo hanging off and the horn to catch on something.

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
The twin bellcranks keep the inner joints of the steering links parallel throughout steering. I single bellcrank can't offer this. What would be nice is twin bellcrank with a servo saver built in.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
I see a nice lipo chassis!! Is it a Xray brand??
Yes, it's Xray. Pretty sure it's the same chassis they tested at the World's. Also the same dual bellcrank they were testing at the World's. The tie rods are mounted to the bulkheads, but not from Xray. Pretty sure he did the Paulie mod and mounted them to the back side of the shock tower holes.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Yes, it's Xray. Pretty sure it's the same chassis they tested at the World's. Also the same dual bellcrank they were testing at the World's. The tie rods are mounted to the bulkheads, but not from Xray. Pretty sure he did the Paulie mod and mounted them to the back side of the shock tower holes.
Aren't tie rods what connect the steering knuckles to the ackerman/steering post? Y'all are talking about camber links, right?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Aren't tie rods what connect the steering knuckles to the ackerman/steering post? Y'all are talking about camber links, right?
yeah.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yea camberlinks. sorry Andrew. U didn't go and bolt your steering tierods to the bulkheads did you? LOL
Old 09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
yea camberlinks. sorry Andrew. U didn't go and bolt your steering tierods to the bulkheads did you? LOL
Nope. Just felt like being a jack-ass. You're welcome!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Nope. Just felt like being a jack-ass. You're welcome!
I liked the Y'all part.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Living in Dallas and going to school in East Texas will do that to a man. You stick out like a sore thumb if you say "you guys".

The plural form is "all y'all"
Old 09-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It's so dumb that Xray waits for the last min to release...

pics of their new car. While the competition is releasing their kits or showing CAD drawings of their new car. I understand why Xray waits, so that people will buy their old cars, but the fact is that serious racers know that Xray is coming out with a new car. It makes no sense at all. Average people don't keep up the the latest trends, so why not help us serious racers decide with some pics or ideas of the new TC? I think Xray loses customer because the competition is ahead of them on release dates and info. Create some buzz Xray...you need it.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
pics of their new car. While the competition is releasing their kits or showing CAD drawings of their new car. I understand why Xray waits, so that people will buy their old cars, but the fact is that serious racers know that Xray is coming out with a new car. It makes no sense at all. Average people don't keep up the the latest trends, so why not help us serious racers decide with some pics or ideas of the new TC? I think Xray loses customer because the competition is ahead of them on release dates and info. Create some buzz Xray...you need it.
I don't agree.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ditto! I saw a work in progress at the IIC.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Ditto! I saw a work in progress at the IIC.
Can you please explain on what you saw!!! Lets get some talk going here on the new car
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sorry...I like this thread being focused on the T3.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.