R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #2971
Tech Initiate
 
Will27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 41
Default

^Foxit PDF reader will let you save it as well.
Will27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #2972
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrle View Post
Found an easier way with a tips from Skiddins.

Download CutePDF Form Filler which let you save the information you enter in Xray's setup sheet. This does the exact job I wanted.

Thank you Skiddins!
No problem.

My post appears to have been deleted
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 AM   #2973
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Any new on the new Xray car?

I know it comes out in Oct. but when late Oct? The TC6 is looking good with those nice new aluminum shocks that are Teflon coated. I hope Xray does something to up the bar.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #2974
Tech Adept
 
spyder8c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I just picked up a used 008 EU and in testing it out i just can't find rear traction in corner exit on throttle. I didnt get any spare parts so i have it as is from the dude i bought it from. i've been making changes trying to get it to basic asphalt setup, but this is how it sits

1deg toe out in the front
1.5 camber f+r
ride height 5mm f+r
droop 5mm f+r
diff's both up
quick rolls all up and in
springs 2.8 front, schumacher white rear (14lb). came with 2.8, 3.0
but where i thought the problem is, is the lower arm holders which are
front are both -.75 and rear is in the anti squat(low rc) position.

I didnt want to revive the year old 008 thread, so i figured i would ask on this one. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
spyder8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #2975
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

post on the 08 thread because the t3 has massive rear grip, we only know how to get rid of it
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #2976
Tech Adept
 
spyder8c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Ok, will do. thanks
spyder8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #2977
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

1deg toe out in the front OK
1.5 camber f+r 2F 2.5 R
ride height 5mm f+r OK
droop 5mm f+r 6 F 5 R (under arms)
diff's both up Front spool and good conditions diff
quick rolls all up and in OK
springs 2.8 front, schumacher white rear (14lb). HPI GOLD F SILVER R
WITH 400 CST OIL 3 holes (1.1mm)
lower arm holders USE the 0 one every where
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #2978
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder8c View Post
Hey guys I just picked up a used 008 EU and in testing it out i just can't find rear traction in corner exit on throttle. I didnt get any spare parts so i have it as is from the dude i bought it from. i've been making changes trying to get it to basic asphalt setup, but this is how it sits

1deg toe out in the front
1.5 camber f+r
ride height 5mm f+r
droop 5mm f+r
diff's both up
quick rolls all up and in
springs 2.8 front, schumacher white rear (14lb). came with 2.8, 3.0
but where i thought the problem is, is the lower arm holders which are
front are both -.75 and rear is in the anti squat(low rc) position.

I didnt want to revive the year old 008 thread, so i figured i would ask on this one. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
if you look on the Xray forum there is loads of setups on there for all the Xray cars
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #2979
Tech Adept
 
spyder8c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideaway View Post
1deg toe out in the front OK
1.5 camber f+r 2F 2.5 R
ride height 5mm f+r OK
droop 5mm f+r 6 F 5 R (under arms)
diff's both up Front spool and good conditions diff
quick rolls all up and in OK
springs 2.8 front, schumacher white rear (14lb). HPI GOLD F SILVER R
WITH 400 CST OIL 3 holes (1.1mm)
lower arm holders USE the 0 one every where
K cool, i'll give this a try. also what tires/inserts would you recommend for low grip asphalt? i'm currently running sorex 24r's with ofna jl10 inserts. i didnt know if this might be contributing at all to my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
if you look on the Xray forum there is loads of setups on there for all the Xray cars
Hey thanks, i didn't realise there were that many setups there.
spyder8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #2980
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I know it comes out in Oct. but when late Oct? The TC6 is looking good with those nice new aluminum shocks that are Teflon coated. I hope Xray does something to up the bar.
well before you praise AE, they haven't built a shock that doesn't leak yet, so what makes you think this is any different, lol.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #2981
Tag
Tech Master
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arcadia CA
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

i am looking to buy turnbuckle wrench for my T3 , i notice it comes in 2 different sizes ( 3mm and 4mm ) just went through the whole manual and not a place mentioned anything about turnbuckle size , does anyone know what size of wrench should i get ? and will this also work with NT1 turnbuckles ?

thanks for help guys
__________________
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #2982
Tech Regular
 
Impulse_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You need the 4mm. Nexusracing.com has the Hudy 4mm turnbuckle wrench. I think MuchMore also makes a 4mm wrench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
i am looking to buy turnbuckle wrench for my T3 , i notice it comes in 2 different sizes ( 3mm and 4mm ) just went through the whole manual and not a place mentioned anything about turnbuckle size , does anyone know what size of wrench should i get ? and will this also work with NT1 turnbuckles ?

thanks for help guys
__________________
Xray T3 EU
KO Propo Helios
Tekin RS Pro/LRP X-12/Venom LiPo
Hudy
Litemodz CVS
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #2983
Tag
Tech Master
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arcadia CA
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the help i will get the 4mm , but just wondering what's 3mm used for ? if this is something that i need i might as well get it the same time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_racer View Post
You need the 4mm. Nexusracing.com has the Hudy 4mm turnbuckle wrench. I think MuchMore also makes a 4mm wrench.
__________________
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #2984
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I know it comes out in Oct. but when late Oct? The TC6 is looking good with those nice new aluminum shocks that are Teflon coated. I hope Xray does something to up the bar.
later !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #2985
Tech Master
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
thanks for the help i will get the 4mm , but just wondering what's 3mm used for ? if this is something that i need i might as well get it the same time.
It is good to get both the 3mm and 4mm turnbuckle wrenches. XRAY went from 3mm to 4mm turnbuckles when they went from HUDY spring steel to black aluminum turnbuckles. The small turnbuckle for the steering servo is still 3mm.

It is also good to keep a 3mm wrench in the toolbox in case you have to replace a bent or broken turnbuckle with an easy to find 3mm spring steel one.

We replaced the steering arm aluminum turnbuckles with titanium ones. These are usually the first casualty when running mod.
__________________
RCAmerica / Sweep
TeamB&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T2'008 Drew_Cat Electric On-Road 1941 01-25-2016 12:36 PM
Xray T2'007 Joep Electric On-Road 4185 07-07-2014 09:22 AM
XRay T3 (spy pics) syndr0me Electric On-Road 33 07-13-2010 04:43 PM
where to get xray?? 2qwik Northwest Racers 20 10-10-2009 03:02 AM
New Xray T3!!! Jammin'Trey Electric On-Road 39 10-09-2009 12:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net