R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #2656
Tech Fanatic
 
evaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: south of metro manila
Posts: 963
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I plan on getting a new touring car chassis. I am really conflicted about the recently released TCX and the several months old, about to be replaced by the 2011 model in a few months T3, should I wait for the release of the 2011 T3 or is it safe to splurge on the T3?
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #2657
Tech Elite
 
FK05 lover's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: somewhere in 1973
Posts: 2,994
Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaa View Post
I plan on getting a new touring car chassis. I am really conflicted about the recently released TCX and the several months old, about to be replaced by the 2011 model in a few months T3, should I wait for the release of the 2011 T3 or is it safe to splurge on the T3?
Wait, you may be happy you did
__________________
CastleHill Raceway...
FK05 lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #2658
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

This is how a gear diff is done boys

Sorry the pic sucks. But to anyone that thought about a NT1 mod, its not that hard to make right, and will look clean if you take your time. I will take better pics when I finish my car

__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #2659
Tech Adept
 
Way2Evl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: N. California
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
This is how a gear diff is done boys

Sorry the pic sucks. But to anyone that thought about a NT1 mod, its not that hard to make right, and will look clean if you take your time. I will take better pics when I finish my car

I'm interested to see how well that works for you. Wish I could be there to see. I'll check the times. What's your best on the track layout, 14.4? What oil are you using in it?
__________________
X-Ray T3|Tekin|KO Propo|Spektrum|Thunder Power|Hyperion|Sorex
www.speedworldraceway.com
Way2Evl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #2660
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

My tq was so close to a 26 lap run, I want that more then fast lap. But yeah fast lap in racing is 14.4. Had a few 14 flats in practice though And I'm not racing this weekend, going out the next Saturday race at the end of the month
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #2661
Tech Fanatic
 
Green Machine!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 816
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!
Default

Hey. Need some opinions. My diff is smooth as butter. Front solid, bearings, spur, & pinion are fine. Holding the car in the air giving throttle, its smooth and nice and quiet. But when I put it on the ground I hear a little "clicking" sound. It's not the front axles either. Any ideas? Not loosing any performance just annoying. Could it be the motor, belts, ???
__________________
Team Kamikaze.
XCEED RC
SERPENT
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #2662
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
Hey. Need some opinions. My diff is smooth as butter. Front solid, bearings, spur, & pinion are fine. Holding the car in the air giving throttle, its smooth and nice and quiet. But when I put it on the ground I hear a little "clicking" sound. It's not the front axles either. Any ideas? Not loosing any performance just annoying. Could it be the motor, belts, ???
check diff pullys teeth are clean i had i bit of belt stuck in 1 tooth and made that noise check you have not lost a tooth off spur gear also
jay m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #2663
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Acicastello,Sicily,Italy
Posts: 42
Default

I've found that "clicking" sound comes from part 981212 (pin 2x12) inside 20T pulley, I've resolved with a very little drop of ca glue to lock the pins on the alu layshaft. I hope this help you !
Mafodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #2664
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
This is how a gear diff is done boys

Sorry the pic sucks. But to anyone that thought about a NT1 mod, its not that hard to make right, and will look clean if you take your time. I will take better pics when I finish my car
I have been considering this mod for a while

Not really a believer in plastic gears TBH

Have been using Photon geared diff in my CEFX with great results (its metal geared) but would like to be able to use the T3 with properly engineered metal geared diff especially with mod motor

Did you use NT1 front or NT1 rear?

Which 38T pulley?
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #2665
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
I have been considering this mod for a while

Not really a believer in plastic gears TBH

Have been using Photon geared diff in my CEFX with great results (its metal geared) but would like to be able to use the T3 with properly engineered metal geared diff especially with mod motor

Did you use NT1 front or NT1 rear?

Which 38T pulley?
I'm using plastic diff gears (Capricorn ones) in my NT1 nitro car and after a half year of use they still look brand new.
So if it holds up in an nitro car I think it should also work in an electric.

It's the rear NT1 diff.

You could also get an Capricorn LAB C01 rear diff since that is exactly the same as the NT1 version but it already comes with the plastic gears and lightweight outdrives.
Those weigh around 24 grams with 60000cst oil in them.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 AM   #2666
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
I'm using plastic diff gears (Capricorn ones) in my NT1 nitro car and after a half year of use they still look brand new.
So if it holds up in an nitro car I think it should also work in an electric.

It's the rear NT1 diff.

You could also get an Capricorn LAB C01 rear diff since that is exactly the same as the NT1 version but it already comes with the plastic gears and lightweight outdrives.
Those weigh around 24 grams with 60000cst oil in them.
Thank you very much for the info. I'll definitely check it out.

I have ordered the Spec-R for my T3 perhaps it might be up to the job.

Electrics produce maximum torque at zero revs though, the punch might well be comparable to a nitro, perhaps. In mod these days 75mph is not unheard of. This is as fast as my 1/8 onroad foam. Brushless power is pretty serious these days
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #2667
Tech Regular
 
witz_dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
Hey. Need some opinions. My diff is smooth as butter. Front solid, bearings, spur, & pinion are fine. Holding the car in the air giving throttle, its smooth and nice and quiet. But when I put it on the ground I hear a little "clicking" sound. It's not the front axles either. Any ideas? Not loosing any performance just annoying. Could it be the motor, belts, ???
Also check the pinion for any small rocks Ive had that happen a few times as well.
__________________
Xray T3 Stock TC
Xray T3 VTA
FT SC10
B5m
DEX410 Spec
witz_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #2668
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
Hey. Need some opinions. My diff is smooth as butter. Front solid, bearings, spur, & pinion are fine. Holding the car in the air giving throttle, its smooth and nice and quiet. But when I put it on the ground I hear a little "clicking" sound. It's not the front axles either. Any ideas? Not loosing any performance just annoying. Could it be the motor, belts, ???
Might also be a driveshaft pin coming out and just tapping the hub carrier slightly.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #2669
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

So do u think anything new will be coming soon? Im wanting something new but keep hearing that a updated kit might be very close. I could wait a month or 2. If its still 6 months away then i will buy now.
__________________
Alex B
Kyosho America/Byron Fuels/J concepts
For all your painting needs!
Elite Paint Workz
[email protected]
mist467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #2670
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,560
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist467 View Post
So do u think anything new will be coming soon? Im wanting something new but keep hearing that a updated kit might be very close. I could wait a month or 2. If its still 6 months away then i will buy now.
i have zero insider info but what normally happens is a new/updated car is announced in October, and shipments arrive in November/December. I'd buy now
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T2'008 Drew_Cat Electric On-Road 1941 01-25-2016 12:36 PM
Xray T2'007 Joep Electric On-Road 4185 07-07-2014 09:22 AM
XRay T3 (spy pics) syndr0me Electric On-Road 33 07-13-2010 04:43 PM
where to get xray?? 2qwik Northwest Racers 20 10-10-2009 03:02 AM
New Xray T3!!! Jammin'Trey Electric On-Road 39 10-09-2009 12:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net