Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Just installed some ECS shafts on my car. Hoping the rain stays away and i can get a run on Sunday

Associated bladders work a treat as well on the Xray shocks. 20 plus runs with no air and counting
Old 05-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
I have started using the Tamiya shock bladders in the Xray shocks and find them so easy to bleed and get the rebound spot on to how you want it
Do they fit? That's great.

I have seen team drivers during Indoor EC using bladders with lower height than usual and they told me that xray is about to release them any time soon.

I have trouble building plastic shocks. Always loosing oil. That's why I used to use Tamiyas. Now with the aluminum ones I'm very happy and have no issues at all
Old 05-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yep, they fit fine

I put the foam and bladder into the cap and then fill completely with oil and then screw the cap on a few turns. Then I push the shaft into where you want the rebound and then slowly screw the cap down all the way.

I find the Tamiya bladders allow the oil properly out of the bleed hole in the cap.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice, I'll give them a try until the xray ones are on sale
Old 05-28-2010, 09:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
I have a few questions......First, should we purchase the ECS drive shafts or get the knock off ones? Any difference?

Also, does anyone have a picture of their shrink wrapped drive shafts? When you put the shrink wrap on and heat it, do you heat just the portion that touches the top of the pin or do you heat it up all the way around? Also, being that the wrap goes around it, doesn't that creat a little bind in the movement of the shaft?

Also, the reason I'm using the shrink wrap is because my pins keep backing out. I never had this problem before. Should I just switch to the pins with the flat spot on them, lock tight, and don't worry about the wrap. Or save my money on buying the pins with flat spot and just shrink wrap? Thanks.
Just shrink wrap
have a look at my car next time at SWR
Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nnick
on sale
Old 05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nnick
I saw a flock of pigs flying earlier.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default SPEC-R GEAR DIFF

Ok I ran 7 packs through it yesterday and it performed flawlessly. I had to take it apart and resand the gears one more time as it was still a bit tight and after doing that, I ran with 500much more oil and it was silky smooth. I had no timing but the laptimes definitely felt quicker and the car stayed consistent all day.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

My ECS shafts came with flat spot pins in them and i bought a packet of each pins thinking they wouldn't
Old 05-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

If I wanted to purchase an extra rear suspension arm, could I purchase the two hole are or do I have to get the one hole arm? From the pictures it looks like the one hole slot is in the middle of the two hole slot. Is that true?
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ark
Ok I ran 7 packs through it yesterday and it performed flawlessly. I had to take it apart and resand the gears one more time as it was still a bit tight and after doing that, I ran with 500much more oil and it was silky smooth. I had no timing but the laptimes definitely felt quicker and the car stayed consistent all day.
Is anyone going to start producing kits for this and selling them?

Originally Posted by Benzaah
My ECS shafts came with flat spot pins in them and i bought a packet of each pins thinking they wouldn't
Thanks for sharing this. I just put shrink wrap around the stock ones, came out nicely. I also bought a set of ecs and pins with the flat spot. Wish I knew I didn't need them. I guess I could have use those pins in the stock ones but I heard of people not even using set screws with shrink wrap.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I wanted to purchase an extra rear suspension arm, could I purchase the two hole are or do I have to get the one hole arm? From the pictures it looks like the one hole slot is in the middle of the two hole slot. Is that true?
yes it is true but the 2 hole arm is longer than the 1 hole arm.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for sharing this. I just put shrink wrap around the stock ones, came out nicely. I also bought a set of ecs and pins with the flat spot. Wish I knew I didn't need them. I guess I could have use those pins in the stock ones but I heard of people not even using set screws with shrink wrap.
You my want to hold onto those pins, if you run 13.5 or mod. I've broken those before
Old 05-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are selling the gear diffs already, google search SpecR T3 diff.
Nice qaulity as well, going to try mine out tommorow weather permitting
Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by goop
yes it is true but the 2 hole arm is longer than the 1 hole arm.
So is it more beneficial to switch to two hole or just stick with the one holes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.