R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 AM   #1981
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Keep it kit mate

I moved away from them ajustable things after 1 race meeting now both my T3 use fixed 3 holes only.

You coming down to Windsor to play this week???
well it now at least LOOKS like its kit i cant help myself

nope, dont know if im running the cc round yet either. i dont find the thought of a 4.5 around there very appealing
Castle Hill Raceway
Futaba LRP Tekin
Cribbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #1982
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
For those of you running a Futaba 9551 in your T3? Did you use the rubber gromets that come with the servo or use washers instead? The fit on mine seems slightly streched where the button screws are close to the outside of the lugs, wondering if they would just tear out in a hard impact?
I used the rubber grommets and the plastic spacers etc.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #1983
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

i am in the process of producing 6061 alloy lipo backstops for the T3..
i have just received the first batch tonight which were tested with excellent results..
there were no breakages from a number of cars using them and they also stayed securely in the vehicle

the pic attached (although poor quality from my phone) shows the backstops in their prototype form..
the final product will have a nicer finish
these are expected to sell for around $35-$40 AUD ($30-$35 USD) with mounting hardware included..

pm for details if interested

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails
XRAY T3-22042010077_640.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #1984
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
For those of you running a Futaba 9551 in your T3? Did you use the rubber gromets that come with the servo or use washers instead? The fit on mine seems slightly streched where the button screws are close to the outside of the lugs, wondering if they would just tear out in a hard impact?
I personally prefer the Take-Off/RP Ser-Boys. Absolutely love them. You can get them from nexus.

http://www.nexusracing.com/advanced_...17f199&x=0&y=0
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #1985
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
i have just received the first batch tonight which were tested with excellent results..
there were no breakages from a number of cars using them and they also stayed securely in the vehicle

the pic attached (although poor quality from my phone) shows the backstops in their prototype form..
these are expected to sell for around $35-$40 AUD ($30-$35 USD) with mounting hardware included..

-Mark
Those are nice. Will they be available anodized black?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #1986
Tech Elite

I have posted a link to my setup from Sunday.
Although pretty good, I am lacking what appears to be corner entry to mid corner grip, particularly at the front.

Although my car is quick, I seem to have to to wait longer for the car to change direction and go through the corner before powering out. The fastest car there, an Mi4, just seems to be on rails compared to mine and it appears that the only real difference, apart from the driving, is the steering and corner speed through the corners.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1458&setup=t3
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #1987
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

you can try 6* caster blocks instead of 4*
TRXRACER99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #1988
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

-Mark
are they the same size as the stock plastic adapters? if so do you think you could make them longer so there would be more 'coverage' on the inner part of the battery. this should help spread the load on battery cases when some big shunts occur.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #1989
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Although pretty good, I am lacking what appears to be corner entry to mid corner grip, particularly at the front.

Although my car is quick, I seem to have to to wait longer for the car to change direction and go through the corner before powering out. The fastest car there, an Mi4, just seems to be on rails compared to mine and it appears that the only real difference, apart from the driving, is the steering and corner speed through the corners.

I would try going to 450 oil in the front to get it to react faster. Also try raising the front outer link by 1mm.

If you want more overall steering, run the lower (-.75) roll center blocks on the front.

How much droop are you running above ride height? I don't measure off of the droop gauge.

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #1990
mok
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
Those are nice. Will they be available anodized black?
i am looking into it that at the moment
Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #1991
mok
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
are they the same size as the stock plastic adapters? if so do you think you could make them longer so there would be more 'coverage' on the inner part of the battery. this should help spread the load on battery cases when some big shunts occur.
these prototypes are the exact same size as the stock plastic parts..

there will be a couple changes to the next batch..
- screw holes will be centralised (they are currently offset like the plastic parts are)
- the short side will be made longer (each side will be the same length)
Old 04-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #1992
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post

You could try moving your ackerman forward a notch or two, lighter rear shock oil, or a little more rear droop. Any of these 3 things should help you achieve more front grip on corner entry. I feel like moving the ackerman forward gives more steering throughout the entire corner although it is supposed to be most effective on entry. The lighter shock oil should allow weight to transfer forward quicker and also allow the rear to roll a little more which should help the car rotate in the center and usually helps the car rotate in the sweeper too. More rear droop will just allow more weight transfer to the front when you lift and start your corner. I'm not sure how much uptravel you're running over ride height, but a half mm to a mm could be the difference you're looking for.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #1993
Tech Champion

Quote:
- the short side will be made longer (each side will be the same length)
Where is the "like" button for this one?

All of those changes sound great!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #1994
Tech Elite

when you guys say longer ackerman, you mean all five clicks out right? or are you moving the black disks that go in the top deck and chassis?

I love those ser-boy servo adapters as well! you dont need grommets unless you are running nitro
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #1995
Tech Rookie

skiddings :- for more entry steering the ackerman will have the biggest effect , your set up doesnt show which way the pips are for the ackermann ?
also as i used the standard roll center cams (009) for the camber links will help as the link is shorter which will speed up reaction and also you will be able to power up from the corner earlier . other changes i would do is use a 1.2mm rear roll bar on the outer hole and maybe drop your shock positions on the front 1 hole .
hth glenn