R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #181
Tech Elite
 
Dadaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2,077
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Midget View Post
I wonder why Xray is always releasing a new car.....
Tamiya "lets release a new car for this month" takes the award for releasing new models.
__________________
Xray XB4 '16
Yokomo Dogfighter YZ-10 870c
Xray T4 '14
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #182
Tech Master
 
gonzo416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,938
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default

I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as you guys but are you guys talking about the slip angle of the tire? Which based on the compound and rating of the tire and weight of the vehicle there would be a specific slip angle where the vehicle would handle at it's maximum before breaking free from traction between the tires and the track. I think testing for a setup to reach maximum speed and traction on straights and in turns are tested when tires reach a specific temperature where the maximum traction can be obtained from them which results in tires best performance meaning the setup is at it's maximum efficiency.
Just my theory based upon reading racing prep books.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #183
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,881
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm no "keyboard engineer" but I do know how to dial in a car.
I'm sure Juraj and the boys in Slovokia know what they are doing.
Trust me the car will be dialed, xray's stuff always is.

I'm not just saying that because I'm a Team Driver, but becuase its fact.
Even those who don't like Xray (for whatever reason) will agree that Xray always has the most ball-er A$$ $h!t out there.
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix FDJ Sauce
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #184
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 175
Default

first races of the T3? --> http://jlsabucedo.wordpress.com/
__________________
http://jlsabucedo.wordpress.com
higbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #185
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Elliot Harper also Won RR Round1 Last Sunday
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #186
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

how much will this car be and im going to assume there will be us and eu kit
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #187
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
how much will this car be and im going to assume there will be us and eu kit
Nobody knows yet as it it isn't out yet. But my guess is that it will be at LEAST as expensive as the 009. I'm guessing between $499 and $519.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #188
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I had my local hobby shop call RC America about the T3 and apparently it should be available as early as November.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #189
Tech Master
 
gonzo416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,938
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
I had my local hobby shop call RC America about the T3 and apparently it should be available as early as November.
How about price?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #190
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 877
Default

I got a message today from the Canadian distributor quoting a $529 (in Canadian) price.
__________________
Rob Say
Action Hobbies Kingsville
"In racing you never really lose. You either win, or learn."
RobS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #191
Tech Master
 
gonzo416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,938
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
I got a message today from the Canadian distributor quoting a $529 (in Canadian) price.
That's $513. WOW
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #192
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

My hobby shop/track said they will be shipping first week in November. He's selling for $479.99
(Detroit)
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #193
Tech Master
 
TRXRACER99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

cheaper than the 009!
TRXRACER99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #194
BDK
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 37
Default

I have a newbie question here guys, why does x-ray release at least one car a year? My Dad and I are looking to really get in the touring car scene, but he totally bailed after he saw the price tag. Bummer, because i really liked the looks of the car.
BDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #195
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
I understand it is a curve i am familiar with them for full size chassis work. Seriously, now i am learning something new. Occasionally i have noticed that things don't work out the way i intended (the opposite) and i put it down to me not interpreting the result correctly or not being in touch with the feel of the car on that day or something. But it would seem if what you say is true then it all becomes clear. I still have some confusion on rollbars but it would seem maybe i still get understeer because of the less roll and less tire loading rather than tire overloading, possibly same result but for different reasons.

Do you have any RC tire data? I'd love to build an RC sized test rig to test it, i had some crazy idea's involving a belt sander and some strain gauges, lol!

Thanks for the tip, i need to get down to the track to try some of this out. I think you've just increased the fun factor for me by a million
That would be a worthwile exploit for the sake of science and fun, but needs to be very well constrained and you would need to calibrate you rig somehow, and that's the difficult part.

In practice, I started questioning the common wisdom when I realised that one of our best guys (state champion) had a lot more roll in his car then everybody else and his car handled best (very much like a real car) as opposed to the others who had almost no roll and their cars were handling "point and shoot" which meant they always lost in the corners to this guy.

This tipped me to the fact that our tires work better with some roll allowed. I have tuned my cars accordingly and guess what. It works.

Watch the cars going by (especially in the corners) when you're marshalling and you'll catch on a lot of little details about their handling.

Cool news about the price. If the ozzy dollar keeps going up, we might even be able to afford this new kit! 008 is still available around here for 680AU$. Now that's 620US$ at today's rate! Talk about supporting the local shops.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T2'008 Drew_Cat Electric On-Road 1941 01-25-2016 12:36 PM
Xray T2'007 Joep Electric On-Road 4185 07-07-2014 09:22 AM
XRay T3 (spy pics) syndr0me Electric On-Road 33 07-13-2010 04:43 PM
where to get xray?? 2qwik Northwest Racers 20 10-10-2009 03:02 AM
New Xray T3!!! Jammin'Trey Electric On-Road 39 10-09-2009 12:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net