R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #1921
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Thanks for the info, i used the applicators in the link below .. worked really well .. they are like sponges and soak up the CA and don't drip.

Try these next time -
http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/p...up-applicators
I have thought about trying those. Its just so much easier to drip the ca right on the cf (like the CRC way) With a Q tip, or those little things you have to make so many coats to really build up the ca. But thanks for the link, I will have to try those sometime Probably alot easier to do smaller parts with those
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #1922
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I have thought about trying those. Its just so much easier to drip the ca right on the cf (like the CRC way) With a Q tip, or those little things you have to make so many coats to really build up the ca. But thanks for the link, I will have to try those sometime Probably alot easier to do smaller parts with those
I use the qtip method, but it takes 5 years to get it done.. lol. About the only thing I do it with anymore is nitro..
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #1923
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

i came from a race this past weekend and it was bad i clipped a turn going into the sweeper and hit the wall breaking a roll center block and breaking a shock body
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #1924
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
i came from a race this past weekend and it was bad i clipped a turn going into the sweeper and hit the wall breaking a roll center block and breaking a shock body
wow... I have broken a shock body and bent some things at the last two day. Someone punted me (read super punt) and I flew into a hangar door. But with a hit like that anyone's car would break... But sweeper breaking all that.. ouch
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #1925
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsagna View Post
my feeling is that you have quite a few things working against each other. for example, you have small amounts of camber (so you probably have good forward bite generated by the tires on straights , but less side grip generated by the tires in turns). therefore you are removing screws from the topdeck to add grip in turns. that overcompensates so you add more dual rate or ackerman, etc.

in my opinion, removing screws from the topdeck is probably the worst change to make on this car. it gets lazy, pushes, has too much grip, etc. throw all the screws in the top deck and see what happens. then start trying some of the changes that have been suggested.

anyway... my suggestions were just to try to get you a little closer to the set up other racers are running or more familiar with...might make it easier for all of us internet setup kings (or queens) to help fix your issue, without actually seeing or driving your car.
tried every tging you said and it made the car worse !!

I did lower the outer camber adjusters from 4mm to 2mm and 2 degrees of toe on the rear this msde the car rotate better but it was too nervous , so back to the originsl set up and changed the turbo delay on my tekin and this allows my to get throught the fast corner before the turbo comes in pushing me wide

i also bought an R9R today to try , this is supposed to be a goid body for steering
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #1926
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
tried every tging you said and it made the car worse !!

I did lower the outer camber adjusters from 4mm to 2mm and 2 degrees of toe on the rear this msde the car rotate better but it was too nervous , so back to the originsl set up and changed the turbo delay on my tekin and this allows my to get throught the fast corner before the turbo comes in pushing me wide

i also bought an R9R today to try , this is supposed to be a goid body for steering
Phil YGPM.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #1927
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

wat do people think bout this will it b any better then the kit chassis

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N.../4/12_XR3.html
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #1928
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
wat do people think bout this will it b any better then the kit chassis

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N.../4/12_XR3.html
Why ???

Whats wrong with the original chassis ??

I have only lost one lipo out of my T3 and it was pilot error , big crash !!

I dont even use the lipo bracket things , just good quality battery tape , my car is balanced and weighs 1357g

So again Why ???
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #1929
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Why ???

Whats wrong with the original chassis ??

I have only lost one lipo out of my T3 and it was pilot error , big crash !!

I dont even use the lipo bracket things , just good quality battery tape , my car is balanced and weighs 1357g

So again Why ???
im not going to get one just wanted if it will b better, i no theres nothing wrong with the original chassis .

wats with the why and ??????
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #1930
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
im not going to get one just wanted if it will b better, i no theres nothing wrong with the original chassis .

wats with the why and ??????
sorry my outlook is , if it aint broken then dont try to fix it

these companys make stuff to be better then the original but i think the original is best

dont mean to be offensave
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #1931
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
sorry my outlook is , if it aint broken then dont try to fix it

these companys make stuff to be better then the original but i think the original is best

dont mean to be offensave
none taken lol.. i read somewhere it shud be faster, there isnt nothing wrong with kit just want to that little adge to make it better
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #1932
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

If this lipo chassis is anything like the cyclone one, it will be stiffer than the origional xray chassis. Its a pretty solid tuning option. I know that I already use the chassis standoffs on everything except for a jaco blue setup.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #1933
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
wow... I have broken a shock body and bent some things at the last two day. Someone punted me (read super punt) and I flew into a hangar door. But with a hit like that anyone's car would break... But sweeper breaking all that.. ouch
yeah it was a hard hit and i was just like wow but its all good my local shop carrys so much xray so im fine. great part support
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #1934
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maitland, FL
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t3-parts.html


T3 forsale eu edition
__________________
🤔
Roberto Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #1935
Tech Master
 
Pablo Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
wat do people think bout this will it b any better then the kit chassis

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N.../4/12_XR3.html
I believe the narrower Exotech chassis will not drag on the edges. I also like the way it is symmetrical. I have seen a friends Cyclone running a Exotech chassis and it is a very nice piece.
__________________
Paul H

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T2'008 Drew_Cat Electric On-Road 1941 01-25-2016 12:36 PM
Xray T2'007 Joep Electric On-Road 4185 07-07-2014 09:22 AM
XRay T3 (spy pics) syndr0me Electric On-Road 33 07-13-2010 04:43 PM
where to get xray?? 2qwik Northwest Racers 20 10-10-2009 03:02 AM
New Xray T3!!! Jammin'Trey Electric On-Road 39 10-09-2009 12:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net