XRAY T3

Old 04-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csabo
Whats the difference between using shims behind the rear arm holders and using the outboard hubs with different toe built into them. Is there a handling difference or is it just 2 of the same ways to adjust the same thing?
if you use the 1 degrees hubs and 2 degrees of inboard toe the car is easier to drive than just with 3 degrees of inboard toe

it is something to do with the angles of the inner pins but i am no expert , i know my car is easier to drive with the 1 degrees hubs on the car
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Does this help you cut through the track like a machete???
U know it
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
if you use the 1 degrees hubs and 2 degrees of inboard toe the car is easier to drive than just with 3 degrees of inboard toe

it is something to do with the angles of the inner pins but i am no expert , i know my car is easier to drive with the 1 degrees hubs on the car
What do you mean by easier to drive; more stable, better turn in or something else?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cribbin
@blackedoutrevo - how is your servo mounted? i see a lack of mounting posts
Shoe goo. As long as you let the stuff dry for a good day or two I have never lost a servo. Ever. I and I don't run with servo savers or any of that. Just because it's easier to get the electronics on the chassis, but with the sxx I have more then enough room to have used the posts. But I prefer the goo

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Well its quite simple actually, He is psycho and he cuts off the servo ears. Then shoe goo's the servo to the chassis. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was walking around with a necklace with ears on it....
lmao! You know me!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
What do you mean by easier to drive; more stable, better turn in or something else?
I know out board toe is supposed to free your car up a bit compared to just having all inboard toe. It's a good tuning option! One of those things you gotta try out and see if you like it or not
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I try to have as many colors as possible on my car, helps keep all the bases covered
Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
yeah more stable on power , the rear grip seams to be increased without running more rear toe ,

i don't know why , i just tried it once and like it

i am going to try 1.5 degrees inboard toe and the 1 degree on the hub

see if this fixes my front end push (understeer)
Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
See, only so many people do a fully blacked out car. Many use colored shims and screws that match electronics on the car. Wanna use a blue esc? Black out the parts, pick up some blue screws and BAM! Clean ride. Blue esc and orange parts?

Just my .02, but most people that do not like the blacked out look, don't even make a attempt to have a clean car. Multiple color wire, no color way, just a insane amount of goofy-ness. I'm not saying your like this, just a lot of big mouth people I've talked to at tracks.
My car is clean, black wiring except for a red power cable, ko speedie with a heat sink so its mainly black but it is orange, custom paint on the hood, one of the trickest paint jobs at the track and also one of the fastest.

Our track almost every other car is black, one guy even removed his titanium screws for a clean look, now his car is overweight but hey it looks clean, lol!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

See, only so many people do a fully blacked out car. Many use colored shims and screws that match electronics on the car. Wanna use a blue esc? Black out the parts, pick up some blue screws and BAM! Clean ride. Blue esc and orange parts?

Just my .02, but most people that do not like the blacked out look, don't even make a attempt to have a clean car. Multiple color wire, no color way, just a insane amount of goofy-ness. I'm not saying your like this, just a lot of big mouth people I've talked to at tracks.
I like living in the in between world. Black wires, Black most things, But I tend to like a touch of blue or something. Since my xray bits are now orange I have a little orange on things like the motor sleeve..
Old 04-06-2010, 03:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Where is your push? In? Out? Slow? Fast?

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
yeah more stable on power , the rear grip seams to be increased without running more rear toe ,

i don't know why , i just tried it once and like it

i am going to try 1.5 degrees inboard toe and the 1 degree on the hub

see if this fixes my front end push (understeer)
Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like living in the in between world. Black wires, Black most things, But I tend to like a touch of blue or something. Since my xray bits are now orange I have a little orange on things like the motor sleeve..
I like chrome, it makes you faster!!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's how most of my cars have been before I really started the anodizing thing.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I like chrome, it makes you faster!!
Chrome out some Jaco rims
Old 04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chrome out some Jaco rims
i got bored so i did that lol with mirrow chrome paint
Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyclone x
i got bored so i did that lol with mirrow chrome paint
And I thought paint pen'ing my Jaco Blues wheels so they looked like SJR black wheels was bad . You gotta post some pictures some place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.