Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #1546
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by donwhit View Post
I got mine from EGR Mart:
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/

good service
can you let us know if thay are 50 or 52 mm, as i can find no referance to the size of these parts
shrek54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #1547
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek54 View Post
can you let us know if thay are 50 or 52 mm, as i can find no referance to the size of these parts
they are 50mm
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #1548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
they are 50mm
I had a pair from my T2'008 laying around that I've been procrastinating to put on. Hanulec, are you using them? I'll see you next week and i'll have your holder for you also.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #1549
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I had a pair from my T2'008 laying around that I've been procrastinating to put on. Hanulec, are you using them? I'll see you next week and i'll have your holder for you also.
i haven't gotten any yet. i've been running the XRay ECS - 52 and 50mm versions mostly because i had bought them prior to the Atomic parts coming out.

when running the 50mm ECS with a wide front end (2.25mm shimmed on the pin) you might have issues w/ plastic spool cups breaking. the XRay alum. spool cups help things, but I was breaking blades a lot -- and destroyed a spool cup or two. the most success i've had is with running my good old T2'008 multi-diff locked as a spool.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #1550
Tech Elite

Quote:
i haven't gotten any yet. i've been running the XRay ECS - 52 and 50mm versions mostly because i had bought them prior to the Atomic parts coming out.

when running the 50mm ECS with a wide front end (2.25mm shimmed on the pin) you might have issues w/ plastic spool cups breaking. the XRay alum. spool cups help things, but I was breaking blades a lot -- and destroyed a spool cup or two. the most success i've had is with running my good old T2'008 multi-diff locked as a spool.
I thought the multi-diff didn't fit the T3? I'm actually working on the car now. I just put the 50mm in the rear and I'm leaving the 52mm ECS in the front.

The car felt good yesterday but I have few things I want to try next week. Still not as fast as you guys but I'm working on it.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #1551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How much toe is molded into the T3 suspension blocks?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #1552
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I thought the multi-diff didn't fit the T3? I'm actually working on the car now. I just put the 50mm in the rear and I'm leaving the 52mm ECS in the front.

The car felt good yesterday but I have few things I want to try next week. Still not as fast as you guys but I'm working on it.
well the one-way part of the multi-diff won't work (or at least i don't think it will). well i think my car is still a work in project. you don't always need the fastest car -- and our new layout at Horsham is really challenging my prior setups w/ the tight S on both sides of the track. you just need to get the car comfortable so you can run 6 minutes without blowing out.

i've been working on trying a stiffer sprung setup in 13.5T, inspired by our local TOP racers (Jason and Larry) and Austin Harrison's T3 from Snowbirds. my car was controllable loose in most corners, but if i got out of the groove things went bad quickly. i cannot wait to hit the track this upcoming saturday to try some more stuff...
Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #1553
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
How much toe is molded into the T3 suspension blocks?
front is drilled straight; the rear has 1 degree toe-in based upon the chassis drilling
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #1554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid

The multidiff works fine on the T3, just use the 50 mm ecs shafts so you can adjust your camber properly.
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #1555
Tech Champion

the multi-diff works with 50 or 52mm cvd/ecs. when running the 52mm units you need to remove a black spacers between the outdrives and one-way/spool.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #1556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well I just finished my first NWIC race with this car. I can tell you one thing, its FAST. Qualified into the A main with a non RS esc (my rs wasn't working in turbo mode in qual, meaning i had NO POWER) Fixed it for A1-A3. The car has great corner speed. Only traction rolled once when I carried way to much speed into a hairpin and threw it in (naturally it flipped) lol. After working the bugs out in qual 1-4.

Mains, ran conservative and tried to stick to running smooth and fast. Ran as high as 2nd i think and that was when the car rolled. A2-3 went ok but I never pushed as hard. to sum it up, xray t3 takes the top two spots in a main with at least 4-5 xrays.. lol Maybe I should lighten the car since I tipped the scales at 1477~ grams (min is 1425) cause of a crap load of fans, ballast,and a huge cap that I added last min cause I was way under weight lol.

I haven't run a whole lot of rubber tire carpet, and when I did in the past I hated it. This car made me love racing carpet and bottom line....... ITS FAST.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:09 AM   #1557
Tech Elite

Quote:
i cannot wait to hit the track this upcoming saturday to try some more stuff...
I'm with you on that.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #1558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Does anyone know whether the xray 52mm ecs drive shaft can fit into Atomic ECS alike cvd?

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor

Last edited by mjc168; 02-22-2010 at 11:58 AM.
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #1559
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
Well I just finished my first NWIC race with this car. I can tell you one thing, its FAST. Qualified into the A main with a non RS esc (my rs wasn't working in turbo mode in qual, meaning i had NO POWER) Fixed it for A1-A3. The car has great corner speed. Only traction rolled once when I carried way to much speed into a hairpin and threw it in (naturally it flipped) lol. After working the bugs out in qual 1-4.

Mains, ran conservative and tried to stick to running smooth and fast. Ran as high as 2nd i think and that was when the car rolled. A2-3 went ok but I never pushed as hard. to sum it up, xray t3 takes the top two spots in a main with at least 4-5 xrays.. lol Maybe I should lighten the car since I tipped the scales at 1477~ grams (min is 1425) cause of a crap load of fans, ballast,and a huge cap that I added last min cause I was way under weight lol.

I haven't run a whole lot of rubber tire carpet, and when I did in the past I hated it. This car made me love racing carpet and bottom line....... ITS FAST.
What class were you running, 17.5? What set up? I wanted to come up but selling my MI4 kinda kept me from racing any. I still wanna run TZ2 some time after I get the T3.