R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #1516
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
rx7ttlm,

I'm very interested in details about your drive shaft binding issue and your results of further testing today. I've had significant issues with my car "snap" hooking and would love to know how confident you are that the 50mm dogs are the fix. I've been trying everything I can think of and not much works that isn't drastic and has significant compromises ( basically dumbing down the front suspension ).

Thanks,

Jake
if your coming down for the 3 day race this weekend (nwic at timezone II) we can get this worked out. But I changed the bones, tested. and 0 snap oversteer. I intentionally didn't tweek the car. just rebuilt shocks with random spring preloads. and it worked fine. I will get on posting a setup now lol. To check your own car, with your car aligned like you would throw it on the track compress your rear shocks one at a time. Remove the pinion and spin the spur gear, the rear tires should spin at the same rate. if the compressed side stops you also have the problem. After I changed the bones this was a non issue for me.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 02-15-2010 at 06:37 PM.
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #1517
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Ok, my jaco blue setup is posted on the xray site now.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #1518
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,965
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

RX7ttlm, Thanks! I'll bench test it tonight and post. Were you seeing the snap over steer on entry or exit, or everywhere ? I mainly had it on entry but my car over rotates with a base setup ( w/ out rear bar ). I've been running anti-dive and larger front bar to help tame it down on entry which has helped but I have to always be aware it could snap on me. Lastly I put the rear bar back on to help the rear and front have more symmetry thinking that was the reason it was behaving weird ( it helped the entry snap and due to your finding it makes sense as to why! , but now on a low traction track I'm not getting the grip I'd like. Running negative on the pin blocks makes the grip come up but the car is too "lazy".

I'm hoping to make the TZII NWIC race as I've been looking forward to it but there is a chance I won't be able to . please send me a PM with your name so I know who you are. btw, I used to race Rotary's ( rx-7, rx-2, r100, formula Mazda ) I'm assuming your screen name is related to Rx-7's !

Jake



Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
if your coming down for the 3 day race this weekend (nwic at timezone II) we can get this worked out. But I changed the bones, tested. and 0 snap oversteer. I intentionally didn't tweek the car. just rebuilt shocks with random spring preloads. and it worked fine. I will get on posting a setup now lol. To check your own car, with your car aligned like you would throw it on the track compress your rear shocks one at a time. Remove the pinion and spin the spur gear, the rear tires should spin at the same rate. if the compressed side stops you also have the problem. After I changed the bones this was a non issue for me.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #1519
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
RX7ttlm, Thanks! I'll bench test it tonight and post. Were you seeing the snap over steer on entry or exit, or everywhere ? I mainly had it on entry but my car over rotates with a base setup ( w/ out rear bar ). I've been running anti-dive and larger front bar to help tame it down on entry which has helped but I have to always be aware it could snap on me. Lastly I put the rear bar back on to help the rear and front have more symmetry thinking that was the reason it was behaving weird ( it helped the entry snap and due to your finding it makes sense as to why! , but now on a low traction track I'm not getting the grip I'd like. Running negative on the pin blocks makes the grip come up but the car is too "lazy".

I'm hoping to make the TZII NWIC race as I've been looking forward to it but there is a chance I won't be able to . please send me a PM with your name so I know who you are. btw, I used to race Rotary's ( rx-7, rx-2, r100, formula Mazda ) I'm assuming your screen name is related to Rx-7's !

Jake
ygpm, and it was at entry. I drive it in hard lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #1520
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: B.C. in Canada EH!
Posts: 1,028
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
I know where i can find them, on my car,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.

And thats the truth
And mine too LOL . And im in Canada

but they came from RC america LOL. from a Canadian distributer
__________________
Dustin Quanstrom
bambikilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #1521
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,965
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
To check your own car, with your car aligned like you would throw it on the track compress your rear shocks one at a time. Remove the pinion and spin the spur gear, the rear tires should spin at the same rate. if the compressed side stops you also have the problem. After I changed the bones this was a non issue for me.
rx7ttlm,

At least with my current setup ( 3.5 of rear toe ) and my diff in the up position and long rear wheelbase I am not seeing the phenomenon but I can easily see it could occur with the narrow toe and the dogs not as swept back ( short wheelbase ) which you are showing in your setup sheet. Also, at the last race just a few days ago the snap oversteer wasn't nearly the issue it had been when I was using 1 degree of outboard toe and a shorter rear wheelbase but I thought it was due to my other changes ( that are a compromise ) . So it is very possible I avoided the issue by accident.

Question, how far did you compress your shock before it bottoms out the dog bone ?
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #1522
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
rx7ttlm,

At least with my current setup ( 3.5 of rear toe ) and my diff in the up position and long rear wheelbase I am not seeing the phenomenon but I can easily see it could occur with the narrow toe and the dogs not as swept back ( short wheelbase ) which you are showing in your setup sheet. Also, at the last race just a few days ago the snap oversteer wasn't nearly the issue it had been when I was using 1 degree of outboard toe and a shorter rear wheelbase but I thought it was due to my other changes ( that are a compromise ) . So it is very possible I avoided the issue by accident.

Question, how far did you compress your shock before it bottoms out the dog bone ?
On mine it wasn't far at all. A couple mm. As grip comes up this weekend I might be into running 6 degree blocks. We will see...
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #1523
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Update, got a text from Paul L, he changed his rear axles for the same reason. added that he felt it also free'd up the car..
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #1524
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambikilr View Post
And mine too LOL . And im in Canada

but they came from RC america LOL. from a Canadian distributer
I guess being canadian does have some perks
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #1525
Tech Master
 
lowcel's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
I guess being canadian does have some perks
I guess so, can't find any in the US and RC America hasn't had the courtesy to call me back since I left the message last week.
__________________
Team Whopperjawed Racing
This hobby is going to $5 me to death.
lowcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #1526
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I guess so, can't find any in the US and RC America hasn't had the courtesy to call me back since I left the message last week.

Sorry to hear that you couldn`t get a hand on those babies.
They`re awesome well worth it.
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #1527
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Default XRAY T3 Problems

Hi Everyone,

I am from Colombia. We have 3 T3 running in our track. I have run mine in 3 race meetings with good results.

However we have problems with the 3 cars these are:

- A lot of wheel vibration in the front, causing screws to fall.

- One of the chasis has break in the front suspesion point.

Does anyone has a solution without having to buy the expensive ECS or changing the Spool to the expensive Multi-diff?

Many thanks

Jorge
jandrestbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #1528
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Answer #1 did you use lock tite for an extra bit of protection from the screws backing out?
Answer #2 The T3 did have this problem a few months ago, This problem has been resolved with huddy making an extra beefy suspension mount included in all the most recent kits being released.
Answer #3 Can`t help you with the chattering, your gonna have to buy the Ecs shafts...BTW they`re worth if, even if they`re a little pricey.
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #1529
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrestbb View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am from Colombia. We have 3 T3 running in our track. I have run mine in 3 race meetings with good results.

However we have problems with the 3 cars these are:

- A lot of wheel vibration in the front, causing screws to fall.

- One of the chasis has break in the front suspesion point.

Does anyone has a solution without having to buy the expensive ECS or changing the Spool to the expensive Multi-diff?

Many thanks

Jorge

First, if your lucky enough to run on a large flowing track. You have the option of turning down the dual rate so you have less steering throw. But after one run with the stock shafts I had to get the ecs shafts.... also the multi diff isn't the greatest thing for this car since depending on your drive train layout you will have a 2wd car with the optional front belt right setup..
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #1530
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys thought I would give xray the thumbs up for the t3 as first run today track was not clean and the car had good front grip and rear it's much nicer to drive then the 009 it's a great car for mod easy to drive I'm loving it.and dose anyone know if xray has changed the blatter material as they are much hard and don't seem to be swelling as fast there kinda a grey colour now.
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T2'008 Drew_Cat Electric On-Road 1941 01-25-2016 12:36 PM
Xray T2'007 Joep Electric On-Road 4185 07-07-2014 09:22 AM
XRay T3 (spy pics) syndr0me Electric On-Road 33 07-13-2010 04:43 PM
where to get xray?? 2qwik Northwest Racers 20 10-10-2009 03:02 AM
New Xray T3!!! Jammin'Trey Electric On-Road 39 10-09-2009 12:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net