R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TA05 Ver.2 VS Team Magic E4JS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/333856-tamiya-ta05-ver-2-vs-team-magic-e4js.html)

chappi 10-07-2009 06:39 PM

Tamiya TA05 Ver.2 VS Team Magic E4JS

My LHS can offer me both car the same price.

And I don't know which one I am going to take. Any Suggestion guys?

I will mostly play in parking lot race, maybe some drifting. I am used to be a Tamiay Fan, however, looking at the details E4JS comes with unviersal shaft and other good featurers, make me have some dout on the TA05 Ver2.

Which 1 i should go :confused:

fat500 10-07-2009 07:14 PM

Tamiya v2...works out of the box....very well proven chassis and more refined in the v2, tamiya......shares most parts with the trf416 world champ car......Tamiya.....what more can i say....IMO tamiya is more durable too:nod:
you can never go wrong with..........Tamiya.....:D:D:D:D:D:D
Also consider the support you will get from the ta05 thread here and the v2 thread as well.

Double D Donuts 10-07-2009 07:31 PM

i actually own both right now.

i like the E4 for everything being so nice and centered.

i like the tamiya for, well being tamiya

i dislike the E4 because the spool up front has that odd vibrating problem (my corally doesnt!

i dislike the tamiya because i dont feel the weight is evenly distributed,and makes electronics fit difficult. (v2 has even smaller space too...)

Timmie 10-07-2009 07:40 PM

yeah what fat500 said.....:D

Seriously though, I have completely disassembled both cars and rebuilt them for a friend that owned both. You will like working on the TA05v2 a whole lot better than the E4. Also the TA has one of the smoothest, drag free belt drive of any of the touring cars out there. I had to do a lot of work on my friends E4 to get the drive train smooth, and even at that it wasn't close to that of the TA05v2.

The only thing the E4 has going for it over the TA05v2 stock, is the axles. But that is a pretty cheap upgrade for the TA05v2, and then you basically have a tub chassis 416.

They are both good cars, both are fast, but I suggest the TA05v2 because you will have more to work with in the future.

MonkeyFist 10-07-2009 08:02 PM

I haven't owned either of the cars your looking at. I did how ever own a Losi JRXS which is very similar in lay out to the E4. I'll say this, I bought and assembled the JRXS, but it never saw the track. I had nothing but problems fitting batteries and motors into the chassis. Seeing how the JRXS and the E4 are laid out very similarly I can only bet the E4 suffers from some of the same issues the JRXS does. I had issues getting lipo packs to fit well with out spending money on a lipo tray. I had issues with motor fitment that could only be resolved buy purchasing a spur gear adapter so I could run a smaller spur gear. My Xcelorin speedo was too large fit fit comfortably on the chassis. I ended up trading it to a guy on the east coast for a TC5. I too loved the centralized layout of the JRXS and the E4, but I think there is a little more finesse to be put into the design before is can be as user friendly as a conventional TC layout.

syndr0me 10-07-2009 08:35 PM

What a day, the little tub that could is getting some love over a kit wih all the goodies. What other "pro" kits is the TA05 better than?

JimmyMac 10-07-2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts (Post 6444026)
i actually own both right now.

i like the E4 for everything being so nice and centered.

i like the tamiya for, well being tamiya

i dislike the E4 because the spool up front has that odd vibrating problem (my corally doesnt!

i dislike the tamiya because i dont feel the weight is evenly distributed,and makes electronics fit difficult. (v2 has even smaller space too...)

For those worried about weight distribution, the TA05 (non v2) is a great option. I thought about switching my TA05 to v2 spec, but after I considered this, I see no reason. Weight distro of my TA is pretty damn good. It's the freest damn belt car I have owned. Rivals some shaft cars.

chappi 10-08-2009 03:13 PM

Thanks guys. appceate for the feedback.

Got me thinking to switch back to Tamiya :sweat:

slakr 10-08-2009 03:47 PM

Hi... I'm the "friend" Timmie mentioned. Yes I have owned both cars. They are both good, but I kept the TA05v2 & sold the E4JS.
They both handle well. Yes the TA05 has a smoother drive train (but I did upgrade the axles).
The TM car does have one more thing going for it; it is much lighter than the TA05.
As for the comment on what other "PRO" kits is the TA05 better than... I don't think it is a fair or accurate statement. The E4JS is not TM's "PRO" level car. It is a tub chassis with plastic components, just like the Tamiya.
Oh, and parts are much cheaper for the Tamiya.
Good luck with your decision, but for the record... I love my TA05v2 and it gets my vote :nod:

M-Technic 10-09-2009 06:38 AM

TA05's do have freakishly smooth/free drivetrains, even with the stock dogbones.

Personally, nothing appeals to me about the E4 and I would take a TA05 (v1 or v2) over it any day.

TimPotter 10-09-2009 06:48 AM

TA05... all the way.

I am sure the TM car is very capable, but there are bunch of positives that the Tamiya can not be matched on.

Parts Support. The 05 has been around while and you can find the parts in many more shops. There are bunch of parts that are used on the current top of the line Tamiya kits that can be used on the 05, this guarantees a parts supply long into the future.

Knowledge Base. There is a giant knowledge base of racers with this car.

TCS. I know it is not a big one, but having the ability to participate in one of these events is an added bonus.

Durability. Enough said....

Bling. Nothing is like Tamiya Blue...

or8ital 10-09-2009 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 6444308)
What a day, the little tub that could is getting some love over a kit wih all the goodies. What other "pro" kits is the TA05 better than?

E4JS is a plastic tub chassis too.

http://teammagic.com.tw/INS/Team%20M.../503004/01.jpg

noelcleofe17 10-09-2009 07:34 AM

Look at my TA05 V2

4 Attachment(s)
go for TA05 V2.

Look, the lipo battery fits perfectly..and also the electronics with no problems. and no space where wasted. I like how Tamiya make the chassis a bit narrower, thats engineering, remove the excess weight and space. lol.

So here! look, I put in a Mamba 9000kv Motor. I dont know if The E4 or other car can handle the power of mamba 9000kv. hahaha..But in TA05 v2, it was so smooth runing the 9000kv motor.

Goodluck in which car you choose.

fat500 10-09-2009 07:58 AM

Tamiya wins...as they do all over the world..hee hee:sneaky:
TAMIYA POWER:tire::tire::tire::tire::tire:

syndr0me 10-09-2009 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by or8ital (Post 6450706)

Ah, well, that kind of ruins the moment. Thanks, jerk!