Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!! >

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Old 02-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You may be right speedxl. All else I can say is see if your LHS can specail order it for you from the company. Otherwise look on Ebay
Old 02-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by gijoe64
How can I get this car? were can you buy it.
This post: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...rea#post236300 has a link to a Korean site you can order that car from and right under that post in the next post are more car pics.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

exactlly mark what we need is to show how much cheaper is to race mod with a pan car then a touring car.
i dont run mod tc because it costs to much but for 1/3 the cost i can run pro 10 mod now! the batteries are better then 10 years ago and the tires are better
if people bitch about the price of tires then lets put a limit on how many tires you use in the event, that will help the priveteers to compete against the factory guys!
Old 02-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by speedxl
exactlly mark what we need is to show how much cheaper is to race mod with a pan car then a touring car.
i dont run mod tc because it costs to much but for 1/3 the cost i can run pro 10 mod now! the batteries are better then 10 years ago and the tires are better
if people bitch about the price of tires then lets put a limit on how many tires you use in the event, that will help the priveteers to compete against the factory guys!
great thinking speedxl. these are the sorts of details we need to discuss tonite
Old 02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Speedxl I agree to disagree. 4 cell is the way to go and that's what I'll be pushing(already have).Both in stock and 19t.I stuck with the class until the non-racers in the class voted 6 cells and open motors.Remember the first race at Minregg- we not only lost a class we lost the Tech man( Mr. Lafoe).I'm already working on a New Scorpion. The 4 cell class is fast and easy to work on.It also puts it in common ground with the 1/12th cars. Look at oval , it was always 6 cell.-It died. Now it's coming back strong with the 4 cell classes.Look at the birds how many 4 cell classes there were compaired to 6 cell.
Remember how hard everyone fought going to 4 cells for the 1/12th cars just a few years ago-Now it's the norm. You need common ground for both pan-car types. The 1/12ths are just now starting to grow again. Even Associated has just made a new 1/12th (4 cell). I firmly believe in order for both classes to grow 4 cells is the ticket and will promote it that way here in Florida. I am waiting for one more phone call(this weekend) to get somemore things rolling for these classes.
The only thing you'll need to do is bring out a car and race.Are you going to race with a wide chassis or narrow chassis?
Old 02-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BullFrog
Speedxl I agree to disagree. 4 cell is the way to go and that's what I'll be pushing(already have).Both in stock and 19t.I stuck with the class until the non-racers in the class voted 6 cells and open motors.Remember the first race at Minregg- we not only lost a class we lost the Tech man( Mr. Lafoe).I'm already working on a New Scorpion. The 4 cell class is fast and easy to work on.It also puts it in common ground with the 1/12th cars. Look at oval , it was always 6 cell.-It died. Now it's coming back strong with the 4 cell classes.Look at the birds how many 4 cell classes there were compaired to 6 cell.
Remember how hard everyone fought going to 4 cells for the 1/12th cars just a few years ago-Now it's the norm. You need common ground for both pan-car types. The 1/12ths are just now starting to grow again. Even Associated has just made a new 1/12th (4 cell). I firmly believe in order for both classes to grow 4 cells is the ticket and will promote it that way here in Florida. I am waiting for one more phone call(this weekend) to get somemore things rolling for these classes.
The only thing you'll need to do is bring out a car and race.Are you going to race with a wide chassis or narrow chassis?
Ok, if we have 4 cell AND 6 cell classes for both Pro10 and Pro12 will we be able to move FORWARD with this???
Old 02-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

We can talk all we want here about running 4 vs 6 cells or mod open vs 19t vs stock, etc.

What it comes down to is what the local tracks are going to run. Our local track here decided to mandate 4 cells and stock motors, I'd like to see 19t become the new stock but that's another can of worms alltogether.

I'll be happy with this class getting some life again. It's great to see this class getting some attention. I loved running Formula 1 a few years back and can't wait for this to get going. Now if the parking lot season would just get here!

Blake
Old 02-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

bullfrog if i ran it it would be a narrow car but only in a six cell format .
i understand you with the 4 cell thing!
i just wanted a class to go faster then a touring mod or as fast without being as expensive, as it is you know i race 12 4 cell 19t with the series and wish it was either 6 cell stock or 4 cell open mod!
but i have to settle for 4 cell 19t because you know i love pancars.
i really didnt find the speed of 4 cell 19 pancar apealing i did try it down here at coralspring once and it just didnt have that whieght to power ratio that belongs with the car. and looking at it having run six cell open mod till 1994 i just dont see the car the same going slow.
the feeling of having all that rip and seeing it go 50 to 60 mph down the back straight is what i miss. you know what come to think of it i hate touring cars!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

I'd like to see Formula 1 also but the 1/10th pan car will come back way before F1. Now to step two- wide or narrow chassis? Most of the cars available to date are narrow. The old chassis that are wide will have a very big advantage over the narrow.I think either a weight difference or spoiler differences?
We tried with the spoiler difference only no wide cars ever came out.Maybe if the GTP bodies are still made then the wides run the GTP bodies in a seperate class (The Wides run against the wides).
Old 02-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

bill remember the last race at superior me and john malin were the only two narrow cars and we finished 1 2 me taking the win and dave bowser and alex lopez in third and fourth. we were ok on asphalt and on carpet the wide car had alittle advantage but we added about 2 or 4 ounces and it was close!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

hey speedxl, go ahead and have your friend start talkin to companies. We can work out a basic framework for the race when you call me tonight. also, whats your email address. I can email you a few of my tracks to look at. Also, can you call around 8? The computer lab closes at 9 on Friday nights and I dont have a computer to access the network on and most of my tracks are saved there. Is that a problem?

Also, I would like to do both 4 and 6 cell classes (although maybe not equal amount of both) that way the purists can race the way they want, and people like bullfrog can race the way they think is best. If any of you guys interested in helping have AIM or some sort of chat utility, we oughta get together before the 27th (I leave for an announcing gig that day) we can discuss this in further detail
Old 02-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Our club in Kamloops, BC, Canada, races a spec 19-turn, 6-cell series.

Car: Associated RC10L3T pancar.
Motor: Integy Matrix V10R 19 turn spec motor.
Tires: Front and rear must be Jaco "Green" foam.
Body: Sports car or GT shells are allowed. No "GTPs" may be used.

We run on a fairly small indoor carpet track, and lap times are generally about the same or slightly faster than mod-touring. This is also the biggest class in our club, generally twice as large as our touring car classes.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

speedxl was that 4-5 years ago .Eddie was there and we had Robin Schumaker still racing the series.We even had a guy visiting from England at that race pitting with us.The last two years it was run in the series it was all narrow cars.
Yes I've already talked with one company(Should start on the design next month). I even talked with Gary at Associated at the birds about the class.If the class takes off again there will be more companies making them again.
I'm just glad some people are interested in the class again.I'm ready to start my B main streak again (a national win and three state series in a row).Only this time it will be in the master class.
If anybody knows someone that can make a chassis I've still got my prototype Bolink car that needs to be made in narrow version.I think this was one of two ever made.It is a very unique car as the t-bar is not a T.It actually sat on my shelf for several years after running it just once.When I brought it out of retirement that's when I did my win streak.I tried to have someone in Calif. make it but .........There is one car out there now that is similar.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

4 cells 19t motor is too slow for outdoor tracks.I want to see 4cells mod 5min or 6cells mod 8min ( you will need 12-13t motor to made runtime & keep the speed under control) or with 19t, runs 6cells please.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
You make a very valid point speedxl. With that in mind here are the classes:

(all Pro 10 classes are 6 cell)

Pro10 stock
Pro10 19t touring/gt1 (bods like the Toyota GT1 TS020 and the Porsche 911 GT1. Tamiya F103LMs fit in this category)
Pro10 Mod (MarkA mentioned earlier that they have mod with open motor no problem. We can discuss this in detail in a chat or something later)

(Pro12 and 12th scale are the same thing)

Pro12 4 cell stock
Pro12 4 cell mod
Pro12 6 cell stock
Pro12 6 cell mod (for all the old school racers)

That sound better?
Hey caveman the Pro10 touring/GT1 is 19T and 6 cells

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.