Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!! >

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Old 02-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

if you take off the main page it gets put away like usual.
keep posting here!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why bother with all of this when you can run 1/12th....for 8 minutes!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm all for 10th pancars....That way I could drop TC's altogether.

I might even get a 10th scale pancar just to practice with instead of my TC.

I'm going to look into it
Old 02-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

David Root- You said you were going to run your 10L on Saturday,
Where?
I know Fountain runs Road course on Friday-
I just asked them about 10th scale Road Course (other than TC) because I thought it would be cool- Then I stumbled on this thread-
You guys have it nailed-
So where are you running on Saturday?
Harry Ramos
Old 02-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Smile Only My thoughts

4 cell, 1/12 scale. 6 cell 1/10 scale. Stock and MOD. The only thing is I have seen the oval guys (4 cell only) run road course at times. Just keep the Fast, easy to maintain Pan cars racing! Nice to see this thread take off.

K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid

No offense to any one. Just the way I like it.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by AdrianM
Why bother with all of this when you can run 1/12th....for 8 minutes!
The same reason why some folks run 1/10th scale oval and 12th scale oval- Quite a few of the racers I know run two classes (either in Road course or oval, or even Off Road- It gives them more driving time on any given night!)

It allows me to race in two classes a night- Most of the comments I heard here said folks would drop TC and move to 1/10th Pan-as well as continue with 12th scale

Harry
Old 02-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Just Curious....how long have you guys been in R/C and did you run 1/10th back in its hey day?

There are very good reasons why 1/10th gone from cost of tires to just being to fast for most people.

The last time i ran 6 cell stock 1/10th I was turning faster lap times than the Mod Sedans. I talked to Josh Cyrul about 1/10th mod at last years Snowbirds and he said the cars were just too fast. He said he could only think of 20 guys in the world that could drive a mod 6 cell 1/10th car safely. You couldn't race heads up as the slightest bump would launch the car 10 feet into the air.

If the class has any chance of coming back it has to be with 4 cells to make it driveable.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The cars are very drivable in mod 6cell if you have a track big enough (1/8 scale size). You just got to know the limits. Just like any other class or car you race. We run 6cell mod at Revelation race with no motor limit every second Sunday of the month. We will be running our class with mod motors at the "Airtronics Championships" on March 26-28th at Revelation.
4cell is just too slow and boring for my taste. A 4cell 1/12 with a 10-8t will keep up the 1/10 6cell stock.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been doing RC Cars less than two years- I have no opinion on 4 cell or 6 cell since the only 6 cell car I have driven is off road truck-
The four cell 12th scale is fast enough from what I can see. From my experience (limited ) with 10th scale oval the times wouldn't be that much slower So I would think 10th scale 4 cell would be adequate-
After all I want to use the same packs I use for 12th scale ...
again to keep the costs down

For the record I have yet to turn a wheel on a Road course- But one of things that keeps me from even trying TC is the cost to try it- I started Oval with an AE 10LSO (last year!) and ran that for 1/2 yr- I had that for years (never run) and it got me through Sportsman into stock-
Now I have a 10L3O, two TRC Disruptors, a KSG, and Two CRC Razors- its the relative low cost that got me to try it- Which is why I now have a Carpet Knife-
Harry
Old 02-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Harry
I've been doing RC Cars less than two years- I have no opinion on 4 cell or 6 cell since the only 6 cell car I have driven is off road truck-
The four cell 12th scale is fast enough from what I can see. From my experience (limited ) with 10th scale oval the times wouldn't be that much slower So I would think 10th scale 4 cell would be adequate-
After all I want to use the same packs I use for 12th scale ...
again to keep the costs down

For the record I have yet to turn a wheel on a Road course- But one of things that keeps me from even trying TC is the cost to try it- I started Oval with an AE 10LSO (last year!) and ran that for 1/2 yr- I had that for years (never run) and it got me through Sportsman into stock-
Now I have a 10L3O, two TRC Disruptors, a KSG, and Two CRC Razors- its the relative low cost that got me to try it- Which is why I now have a Carpet Knife-
Harry
Harry if you don't know 1/10 scale pan is very different than 1/12 scale. the speed of an 1/10 pan is incredible don't be fooled.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks AdrianM- 4 cell will get more people racing this class than 6.I'm getting my car out of moth balls now and getting someone to build a new version of the scorpion.Hopefully we'll get them racing at RPM.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pro ten Holland
I've heard some talk of using 23turn motors. With pan cars, you could race for 15 minutes or so! If the speeds are interesting enough, longer races sound like fun to me!

Taz, did you post the link to the Academy pro 10? It's very fast, though a little fragile.
http://www.academy.co.kr/en/rc/rc_product.html?id=31

http://www.academy.co.kr/en/rc/rc_product.html?id=2
Old 02-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by BullFrog
Thanks AdrianM- 4 cell will get more people racing this class than 6.I'm getting my car out of moth balls now and getting someone to build a new version of the scorpion.Hopefully we'll get them racing at RPM.
calm down boys! There will be 6 cell classes for the purists and 4 cell classes for everyone else so everybody can find something to enter.

speedxl, Im sorry I didnt call you tonight. I will try to call you tomorrow. Worse comes to worse, you can always call me. YOu should have my number. If not I will gladly PM or email it to you.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tracky, check the Roadcourse Championships thread you started in the Racing Forum.

Talk to Casey Young about our facility. Laters.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

We are bringing back the 10L class in Ohio this year at CORCAR. We are looking at 4 cell stock with the GTP/GT style bodies. At this time we have chosen 4 cell because our black top is a little ruff and we hope with less weight, the tires will last longer. We've talked and said if we need to we will also start a 4 cell 19T for anyone that needs more speed

As for a body, McAllister makes a 190mm called The Flying GT that looks a lot like the old ProtoForm Mercedes CLK. The only place I've found this body is on Ebay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.