R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #31

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DynoMoHum
Given that... Maybe 4 cell 19 turn would still be too fast... The lighter car would likely blow over at speed even more so then it did with 6 cell stock...

I do beleive that 19 turn 4 cell would be almost eactly the same speed as six cell stock, if not just a little faster.

As someone who still races 1/10th GTP “Pro10” every week, I can say that 6-cell stock will be faster than 4-cell 19t. 6-cell stock Pan Car is, at our home track (www.socalrc.com), close to if not faster than 6-cell sportsman mod. sedan or 6-cell 19t sedan with with “Pros” driving.

One guy runs a 1/12th car in our 1/10th scale class sometimes (there is no 1/12th class around here) and to reach comparable lap times, he has to be on a 10-turn or less with his 4-cell setup.

We also race once a month 6-cell mod. (5 minutes - no motor limit!) at Revelation Raceway (www.revrace.com). Yes, blowovers can be an issue but with the right body (the Protoform MD Peugeot works well or the HB Toyota with the rear wing slots cuts out), they can be eliminated all together.

For anyone wanting to talk more pan car racing, we have a pretty active thread at RcTech here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=1
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've race tha HB Toyota body...Handles really well... even without haveing to cutout the wind slots....

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:59 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

4 cell pan with a 19t motor is plently fast- and it's easy to controll . Even for the old guys( me). I guess when the new traack in Orlando opens I'll bring it along maybe we can get this going. Then I would have to retire again my scorpion and get a Corally 1/10th.
Does anyone still make the narrow 1/10th GTP bodies. I've just got one used GT1 and Bolink Narrow Porsche. The TC bodies are easier to get for the narrow cars. For the older wide chassis maybe the 235mm gas(nitro ) bodies will work?
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BullFrog
Does anyone still make the narrow 1/10th GTP bodies. I've just got one used GT1 and Bolink Narrow Porsche.
Anyone?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Hey, I was reading your post and it reminded me of something. I figure if there is a U.S. Touring Car Championships (the 2004 was completed back at S&N Trackside in January), why not have something like a U.S. Road Course Championships for the pan cars? Run 1/12, Pro 10, Pan Touring with GTP bodies, etc...
^^ Hey Mark I dont know if you read that or not
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally posted by BullFrog

Does anyone still make the narrow 1/10th GTP bodies. I've just got one used GT1 and Bolink Narrow Porsche. The TC bodies are easier to get for the narrow cars. For the older wide chassis maybe the 235mm gas(nitro ) bodies will work?
For narrow 1/10th GTP bodies, I've seen people have good luck with adapting the GTP bodies for gas sedans such as: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCSN9&P=7

For wide bodies, you can still get plenty of purpose built bodies such as: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2711&P=7 , http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK897&P=7 , and https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...pl?pn=PFM1407L without having to resort to the gas car bodies.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Anyone?
I have the Protoform Narrow Nissan body.. I guess it's no longer made.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:12 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally posted by trackdesigner71
^^ Hey Mark I dont know if you read that or not
Yeah, I saw it and I'd go.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkA
Yeah, I saw it and I'd go.
Cool. There are so many good tracks out your way that would make perfect hosts, but itd need to be one that is central to everybody to minimize travel costs. Hmm...
Old 02-10-2004, 11:23 AM   #40
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

six cell stock is plenty fast alot faster then 4cell 19t
i would even say six cell 19t would be the way to go fast and controlable the gtp cars should be faster then touring cars.
they are prototyps and they are the fastes in the real world so should we slow them down with modern 3300 packs and an adjustable 19t it should be wicked.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:39 AM   #41

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody thought of 12 turn mod? I run it with wide 1/10th pan car, here in holland. No blowovers, but very good top speeds. With an acceptable setup, the cars are very drivable. The stock L2 is very forgiving, the corally's are a bit tougher to drive. We have seen some old school pro 10 around here, and they still do well. One race in Germany was won by a guy using a HPI road star. And one of my friends uses an old Asso 10Ls (The old L with the dynamic strut front end), and he's doing very well with it. I've also seen an old Corally SP10 turning very respectable lap times last year, too bad the guy trashed his T-bar, and there were no replacement parts made for it anymore.

My message for everyone who has an old pro 10 lying around: dust it off, and run it with your current electronic gear. It's just so much fun! I drove touring, because I knew nothing else, I tried a friends pro 10 once, and I've been hooked ever since!

If anyone's interested: there's an pro 10 stock exhibition class at the 2004 USA nat's scheduled in cleveland. So dust off those old cars and run them!
Old 02-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro ten Holland

If anyone's interested: there's an pro 10 stock exhibition class at the 2004 USA nat's scheduled in cleveland. So dust off those old cars and run them!
It's in Portland, OR. The thread for that race is here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=27052 . I'll be entering the day the forms come out.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:26 PM   #43
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DynoMoHum
Given that... Maybe 4 cell 19 turn would still be too fast... The lighter car would likely blow over at speed even more so then it did with 6 cell stock...

I do beleive that 19 turn 4 cell would be almost eactly the same speed as six cell stock, if not just a little faster.

I just hate stock motors... Pehaps have a full stack hand wound 27 turn motor... This would eliminate my objections to stock motors. (inconsistant due to machine winds and ever changing due to no restriction on the number of lamminations and/or arm design parameters.
The cars that were airfoiling were at the worlds so it was a mod class, stock cars are like vacuums on the track and this was also before their was a motor turn rule. The cars are so effiecient that you could run really low turn motors and make time and the weight allowed awesome speeds. Personally I don't care if it airfoils, the thrill is what gets people into it, just build netting to catch them

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am not concerned about the speed. I run stock and it handles great I would likt to see a 19t class but I do like 6cell over 4cell.
makes more sense it is a larger car.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #45
Tech Elite

I gave some thought to my idea and figured, why not either Revelation or maybe Tamiya USA. If anybody can think of a better site for some sort of a pan car national championship (along the lines of the U.S. Touring Car Championship) that would be great