R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2004, 05:09 PM   #346
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

p-2 the classes has change since the inception of the class listing, there has been changes pending preregistration.

pro 10 6 cell open stock.
pro 10 6cell open mod
pro 12 4 cell open stock
pro 12 4 cell open mod.
and as an option pending preregistering and turnout at the track!!!
pro 10 4 cell 19t.

this is a provisional list of classes for the road course portion of the event! with pro 10 being the main and highlighted classes!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #347
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via AIM to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via MSN to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to SpeedyTC3

Pro-10 Open Mod and Pro-12 4 Cell Open Mod!!!! I'm in.
SpeedyTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:34 PM   #348
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via AIM to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via MSN to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to SpeedyTC3

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
this is a provisional list of classes for the road course portion of the event! with pro 10 being the main and highlighted classes!
What are you guys proposing for Oval? Any ideas as yet?

In any case, no matter what, I think most racers will applaude and more importantly support such a venture. I know at least 5 racers and myself from NY that will be there. Look at the overwhelmingly positive response you have gotten here alone. You will also have to find a way to reach the rest of the R/C world. Great work Speed and Tracky. Great work. Keep it up.
SpeedyTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:08 PM   #349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One thing I might put out there is that if you are able to bring the class choices down to 2 -3 classes, you will get better racing with more people in the same class vs 3-4 racers in 6 different classes.

I was at the trophy racein NYC at SouthShore. And in talking with the race director, for indoor carpet a pro 10 class with 4 cell 12 turn limit would be nice, and then 12th stock and mod.

with the Pro 10 class trying to make a comeback, with one class offering it will make the field a little bigger , and maybe generate more intest

Casey
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:09 PM   #350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedyTC3
What are you guys proposing for Oval? Any ideas as yet?

In any case, no matter what, I think most racers will applaude and more importantly support such a venture. I know at least 5 racers and myself from NY that will be there. Look at the overwhelmingly positive response you have gotten here alone. You will also have to find a way to reach the rest of the R/C world. Great work Speed and Tracky. Great work. Keep it up.
Ok for Oval itll probably look like this:

Pro 10 4 Cell 19t
Pro10 4 Cell mod
Pro12 4 Cell stock
Pro12 4 Cell mod
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:09 PM   #351
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What do you guys normally run in these classes? 5 or 8 minutes?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 01:22 AM   #352
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Casey
One thing I might put out there is that if you are able to bring the class choices down to 2 -3 classes, you will get better racing with more people in the same class vs 3-4 racers in 6 different classes.

they did - two different scales, two different classes per scale. Stock and Mod for both 1/10th and 1/12th with an optional (dependent upon signup) 19T 1/12th.

Quote:
I was at the trophy racein NYC at SouthShore. And in talking with the race director, for indoor carpet a pro 10 class with 4 cell 12 turn limit would be nice, and then 12th stock and mod.

with the Pro 10 class trying to make a comeback, with one class offering it will make the field a little bigger , and maybe generate more intest

Casey
We already went through all this. But - just to be nice (heh heh) - many of us actually run Pro10 6 cell mod. It's FUN. Why drop to 4 cell 12T which isn't much faster than 6 cell stock? Just set it to 6 cell Pro10 open stock and open mod. 200/235mm.

I don't know about the 1/12th, but we've been running 5 minutes for both stock and mod.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:50 AM   #353
Tech Addict

I don't race oval, but any race I have been to are 4 minutes.

I saw you were thinking fo a 6 cell mod for 1/12 class. Holy Cow!

I do understand the Pro 10 4 cell. Most of the Oval racers around here run 1/10 pan cars with 4 cells. That would make it easy for them to enter weather they run oval or road course. They have the car and batteries already.

I run Pro 10 stock 6 cells.

David Root

It its in Ohio, I can be there.
David Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:15 AM   #354
Tech Regular

Are there any good tracks in Iowa or Missouri? Those are pretty central and might make it easier for the northerners. I know there is a pretty good pan car (12th scale at least) following in the NW (WA, OR, MT) as well as the NE. Texas is great place as well, just thinkin of some other possibilities.

john

P.S. Guys, don't forget to put the F-1 class on the form! Let's see if we can get some pre-entries there too. Formula 1 guys stand up and be heard!!! I know there's got to be alot of these out there as well as the Pro 10 cars. They were huge for 2-3 seasons before TC's got popular. The open wheel car really puts alot of emphasis on clean racing. Man, does it get ugly when 2 spinning tires touch.
johnnywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:22 AM   #355
Tech Regular

Oh, and BTW, if you do put the F-1 class on there for pre-registration purposes, I was thinkin maybe 6-cell stock. Since the cars are really only like 11th scale, are a bit lighter than Pro 10 cars, and don't have quite as much downforce, i think mod might get a little out of hand. 6-cell stock should be plenty fast, but still be controllable enough to have nice close and CLEAN racing.

john
johnnywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:48 AM   #356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by David Root
I don't race oval, but any race I have been to are 4 minutes.

I saw you were thinking fo a 6 cell mod for 1/12 class. Holy Cow!

I do understand the Pro 10 4 cell. Most of the Oval racers around here run 1/10 pan cars with 4 cells. That would make it easy for them to enter weather they run oval or road course. They have the car and batteries already.

I run Pro 10 stock 6 cells.

David Root

It its in Ohio, I can be there.
David,
In Columbus, I just got confirmation that we'll be running 5 minutes for our pan class.

1/10th pan chassis (any)
Stock Motors (may go to 19t if speeds suck)
4 Cells

After discovering 1/12th pan class, I'm dying to do the 1/10th outside on the asphalt.

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:32 AM   #357
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a feeling San Antonio will be easier and cheaper to travel to than those other places. Usually (speaking from the west coast) flights are available direct to S.A. on a few different airlines. Besides, it will be tough talking the Wife(I know some of you fellas are in the same boat! ) into taking a nice vacation to Iowa.

Please, no offense to my R/C brethren in Iowa or Missouri, I'm sure they a nice place to visit..
Slotrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #358
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Well I have to get started on a flyer right away so, get your suggestions in by Friday at 5 PM. After that I wont take any and hector and I have to decide on a site. Most likely it will take place in TX, itll probably take place sometime in April or early May (so as to not compete with any of the ROAR onroad nationals) and there will be 2 classes each Pro10 and Pro12 oval and onroad (for a total of 4 classes each way) and there is the option for 4 cell 19t IF THERE ARE AT LEAST 15 PEOPLE PRE-REGISTERED BY SEPTEMBER 1ST. Any concerns, ideas, etc can be emailed to me at [email protected]
Old 02-25-2004, 09:45 AM   #359
Tech Elite

thanks for the intrest guys but we will be deciding for something in texas more then likely.
as far as the class they are pretty much set. so for the f-1's there would probably be something if say 5 guys showed up!
so if you'd like wait till we see what we have in the flyer and we'll make add ons if necesary based upon feed back from you guys but we cant make to many promises either we want to make a point that its a pancar race and please i know there are alot of f1 cars out there but we dont want to lower the entries in the other classes either. which i hoope you understand.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #360
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
thanks for the intrest guys but we will be deciding for something in texas more then likely.
as far as the class they are pretty much set. so for the f-1's there would probably be something if say 5 guys showed up!
so if you'd like wait till we see what we have in the flyer and we'll make add ons if necesary based upon feed back from you guys but we cant make to many promises either we want to make a point that its a pancar race and please i know there are alot of f1 cars out there but we dont want to lower the entries in the other classes either. which i hoope you understand.
Very good point hector. I need you to call me this afternoon. We have to discuss stuff like entry fees, dates, etc. (We can discuss sites Friday night)