Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

what email bill fraden (bull frog) and whose shredding what company!.
if you have a concern with something PM me! i am not sure what your talking about!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Unhappy Steppin on my soapbox

Let me make one thing very clear from the outset. I came up with this idea for a pan car only event. Hector is backing me up on this and is doing his best to help (and btw Hector I commend you for that). I think that it would be best if the companies that you are looking for to sposor the event would probably give you something resembling credence if the head honcho talked to them. You have to realize that we have a little over a year to make this thing happen and we cant have you two goin at each others throats. Either you two find some way to swallow your differences and work together or this thing will not get any farther than it has already.

Bullfrog, I realize that you are not a big fan of 6 cell racing, but without 6 cell racing 4 cell wouldnt even exist. There will be a four cell class for all the guys that are not willing or interested in running 6 cells. It will probably be a class for chassis like the L3T, the Pantoura, the CCT, etc. Everything else will be 6 cells. If you dont like that as a compromise then I dont know what else to do.

Hector, obviously Bill has a very valid concern with the speed of the Pro10 chassis and we need to have a motor limit of some sort. We cant have cars flying off the track and ending up in areas where they could endanger people. Also, We need to have at least an option for the guys that either dont think they can handle or just plain arent interested in 6 cell racing so we need at least 1 4 cell class to give them an option. The goal of this race is to unite pan car racers and to show organizations like ROAR that this is not a dying class. But, with that in mind, we are going to have to be willing to make compromise if thats what it takes to make this thing happen.

Now let's get back on track with this, because there is a lot that is still yet to be done
Old 02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Contact me directly, I would be interested in sponsoring the event.

Later EddieO
Old 02-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

thankyou tracky i dont understand what bill is talking about anyway.

i did mention a motor limit but everyone slammed us what i propose is a 10t limit we already have rules about this in the touring cars that we can adopt.

as far as the 4 cell class i wrote to you if we get enough guys upon pre registration we will include them.

tracky as far as biil (bull frog ) is concernd he is giving his opinion and with what he mentioned ealier in the thread he said he wasnt going to attend the race if it were in texas and what he doesnt know that the reason i emaild you with the proposal to allow the 4 cell class was for the guys like him but it must be on a pre registration format only because i am not going to open a class just for 1 or 2 guys it really doesnt make sense buying trophys for 3 guys when only 2 will show.

i tried pm ing you about fernandos track in georgia i think deklab ? what ever he is a good guy and knows how to put on a good show!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

I cleaned out my PM box a little while ago. try sending it to me again
Old 02-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

i pm u again
Old 02-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Guys - I think that it would only be responsible to do any "controversial" class via pre-reg. Give a minumum entry, up front, and if you get enough then have trophies for that class. If they don't meet that in time, they can still race, but no trophies.

I think that's how Dana does it for us at Rev's big races. He asks us to have a number of pre-registrations so he can order trophies. If we don't have enough entries early, we can still race, but we won't get trophies.

It's completely fair.

It's what I proposed to ROAR earlier. Make our class pre-registration dependent. If we get, say, 15 entries then make us a national class. If we don't, then oh well, it's OUR fault. (note- 15 was just a number I picked out of my left ear. . .)

As far as Texas - it's a lot more central than FLA. I know people in FLA and might enjoy visiting it so I could see them, but most of us on the West Coast don't make enough dinero to get flights and that's a LONG way to drive. Texas is still a long way, but cheaper flights (I'm assuming. . .) and is actually a do-able drive.

Now - it might be a problem for the Northerners. TX is a long way from Minnesota. They may have chimed in and I just wasn't observant.

But, and I know that you two know this, you're not going to satisfy everyone. You're always going to have a sour apple. You're doing a great job - keep plugging on. Do what you can to make as many happy as is feasible and just let the sour apples be sour - you can't do more with them.

Keep it up guys. From what I've seen so far - you're doing well.

(note - when are you going to have some content on your site? I mean, you got it up yesterday. . .you should have a FULL site by now, right? )
Old 02-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Edit: double post please delete
Old 02-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

(note - when are you going to have some content on your site? I mean, you got it up yesterday. . .you should have a FULL site by now, right? )
Our site designer is working out some bugs but hopefully we can have some semblance of a site up in a week or so
Old 02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

btw - I was only joking about having everything up NOW. . .
Old 02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re; Classes

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Pro 10 6 cell stock
Pro 10 4 cell 19t
pro 10 6 cell Mod (with probably a 12T limit to prevent blowovers)
Pro 10 6 cell touring (with GTP bodies)
Pro 12 4 cell stock
Pro 12 4 cell mod
Pro 12 6 cell open
In the argument in regards to classes offered and being run, I believe that Tracky has included a 4 cell class for the Pro-10 drivers. Unless I am reading this wrong. It looks to me the classes offered are all inclusive. Am I wrong?

The class line up looks good to me. Just my $.02.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

boomer yes tracky and i are aware of the few guys that want to run 4 cell we did come to a accordance that upon preregistration numbers we will know if its a trophy race if lets say 5 guys show up and say we want a 4 cell class then so be it.
as far as location boomer we want to find a location that will draw the largest #'s and we know right now its either going to be georgia, texas, or ohio. the reason for this is we are taking into consideration 2 factors ! A) amount of pan cars racers
b) ease for west coast guys to attend.

i know it seems that georgia is not close for you its also a area with strong 12 scale presence and we are trying to get northerners to come down as well as mid west people.

we also need a commitment from the west coast guys because we are here on the east and have contact regularly with the guys here at events.

speedy that was a prior list but we are still considering the 4 cell class if they register early or show, hell if 15 guys show up and say they want to run 20 cells and brushless and they preregister i set a class for them up and a few concrete barriers which we can hide behind!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

yeah - get those concrete barriers ready!

Umm, I can tell ya that I would come to Texas, but not Georgia or Ohio.

don't count us out. Remember, we Cali guys have been the primary "keepers of the thread" for years. We've been the primaries in the fight for Norrca and ROAR, as documented on this board as well as several others.

I would argue for a central location over one on EITHER coast. You won't really be National unless you get people from all over, not just from the NE and SE.

with all due respect for 1/12th scalers - aren't we trying to "Bring Back 1/10th Scale Pan Car"? That's us.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

yes boomer we are inclining for texas but we need to get somewhat of an assurence of the west cost guys to come.
and yes we are thinking about you guys thats why we are accepting offers from texas tracks its in the middle almost ideal for everyone!
as far as 12 scale deall even though we are pushing the 10 scale cars , the event is to be an all pancar event including oval so the manufactures see that we as a group entirely made of pancars want something done for us and that we are ther to support them if they comeout and see the intrest. i am sure that like me most old school guys also have a 12 scale
but yes the primary class is the 10 scale pancar road racers
Old 02-24-2004, 04:01 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Re; Classes

Classes:
Pro 10 6 cell stock
Pro 10 4 cell 19t
pro 10 6 cell Mod (with probably a 12T limit to prevent blowovers)
Pro 10 6 cell touring (with GTP bodies)
Pro 12 4 cell stock
Pro 12 4 cell mod
Pro 12 6 cell open

Guys,
Why bother with a Pro 10 4 cell 19t class??? 6 Cell stock would be faster. If I remember correctly we never ran 10th scale 4 cell back in the good ole days, so why start now. The 12T motor limit is a great idea. One more thing....let's limit 12th scale to 4 cells only. Just my thoughts

P2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.