R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2004, 11:51 AM   #226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Let me say this-a small group of guys broke out there 1/10th cars at the Gate last year on a track with 7 to 8' lanes (88' x 50' overall)and I gotta tell you-they loooked HUGE and when two went side by side down a short chute-well lets say-hope theres no marshall on the track. So my point is-for carpet tracks-they may still be fun-but I think a lot of tracks are just too darn small anymore to allow for high speeds and close racing.

So I guess it comes dwon to the asphalt tracks and especially big gas tracks to invite them in. I know our local gas car club that runs on a 210 x 100' parking lot track for 1/8th scale will NOT allow electric cars period. The answer is NO!!

But thats just here. Maybe CORCAR in Columbus is big enough to run these cars?
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #227
Tech Adept

Barry got something good in his argument...If we want to bringback Pro10,we need a new class and new rules...I don't want to discuss on the roar rule or ifmar and efra one and especially not on it's realistic or not. But by this good point from our frind Barry, i was discussing with some efra and fvrc represent and they told me the same thing.."it's not to comeback with something old but comeback with something new to attract fan and new drivers".........
So Barry fight for a new rule
SPEEDx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #228
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

bullfrog dont you get it people want a six
cell car the idea is to go faster the series killed the pancar by going with a 4 cell rule !
face it its the fact! also guys i only suggested going with a 200mm car because associated makes one so does crc (da pantoura!)corraly has acar and as
did yokomo guys i only said it as a suggestion plus it would allow us to use current gt-1 bodies as the mclaren, porsche, and the acura nsx these bodies actually work well and i am sure manufactures will build some other bodies if there was intrest.
guys i have 3 brand new andys mercedez gtp bodies and i want to use them on my prototype hyperdrive cars that never got to drive because freaken trex the old president killed off pancar.
guys i think six cell is the answer because of all the tc guys if there is some intrest at a later time, then we'll throw in a four cell class for the oval guys that want to turn right!

bull frog try pushing six cell please come to your senses we have maybe 12 guys running 4 cell 19 12 scale in the state. but! we 60 or 70 guys that show up to a state race with tc and a box load of six cell packs! what make more sense break up you six cell to four or use them for a six cell car. we want to attract the guys that run nitro and tc to come back and i know you are in your 50's and mat want to slow down because of your reflexes but face it 90% of the guys you race against are in thier 20's and 30's.
and THEY ALL LIKE SPEED!

Last edited by speedxl; 02-18-2004 at 12:07 PM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:04 PM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hector YGM
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:09 PM   #230
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Assoc still makes their 10L2 which can be ordered from many places including www.socalrc.com and I believe that Stormerhobbies has them too.

Corally still sells their excellent C10X. It's not very good for stock (it's fairly heavy) but is great for stock.

Yokomo and HPI cars can be acquired.

As far as I know, the Japanese Pro10 are still going strong. It was reported that there were nearly 100 entries in one class alone. .. - Here is a bunch of videos from the 2002 Japanese Pro10 Nationals -

http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72000111.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72000131.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72000141.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72000151.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72000161.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72000171.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72100041.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72100051.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72100101.MOV (start of 1st A-main)
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72100111.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72100121.MOV
http://kimihiko-yano.net/Movie/P72100221.MOV (start of 2nd A-main)
I know Pro 10 is still big their but the pics are from 200mm Pro ten.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:09 PM   #231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Let me say this-a small group of guys broke out there 1/10th cars at the Gate last year on a track with 7 to 8' lanes (88' x 50' overall)and I gotta tell you-they loooked HUGE and when two went side by side down a short chute-well lets say-hope theres no marshall on the track. So my point is-for carpet tracks-they may still be fun-but I think a lot of tracks are just too darn small anymore to allow for high speeds and close racing.

So I guess it comes dwon to the asphalt tracks and especially big gas tracks to invite them in. I know our local gas car club that runs on a 210 x 100' parking lot track for 1/8th scale will NOT allow electric cars period. The answer is NO!!

But thats just here. Maybe CORCAR in Columbus is big enough to run these cars?
I'm tellin' ya Ray the Gate is plenty big enough to run those cars, yeah the lanes are a little narrow, but that just makes it more fun for me. The TC' s have all but eliminated the true "driver's tracks" we used to race on. I remember when 12th scale tracks had 5' to 6' lanes. On today's 8' to 10' lanes with 90 feet of straightaway, that's just about right. And CORCAR is plenty big enough, if you can run a Nitro Grocery getter on a race track it's definitely big enough for a 1/10th pancar.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #232
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

<bangs head against brick wall>

Fundamental rule changes are not going to happen. That would require the manufacturers to change what they are already doing and, in some cases, already doing reluctantly. . . AE only makes their cars because those of us who run them purchase them. They only make enough to keep up - they don't promote it like they do with the TC3 series. In fact, according to Barry, they don't even want their drivers to devote any time, even CLUB time, to driving the 10L2's. So - asking Corally, HPI, Yokomo, AE, etc. to create a new car for a new class that doesn't exist yet is asking for failure.

SoCal routinely has 6-7' lanes. These cars work fine with them. Sure it's a bit tight to squeeze them three-wide or even two-wide. However, it promoted GREAT driving skills and some of the best duels at SoCal, EVER, have been in the Pan Class. That's not MY judgement, but the judgement of the owner, Jim, who has stated that publicly.

ray - pop a 9x2 and 3300's in your pan car and run a few laps. Don't ask, just pop it down and show some speed. I know that Revelation was dubious about the reality of running pan cars on it's track (comparable) mostly because they'd only seen sedans. Now we're pretty much a featured class. We've shown we're as fast or faster than ANY 1/10th nitro (only thing that approaches is 1/10th outlaw). We had to be a bit creative, though.

so - since new manufacturing is NOT going to happen, new bodies are NOT going to appear, a brand new class is NOT going to happen - let's discuss what we can do to revive this class. IT CAN HAPPEN - Believe me - I know what I'm talking about It's happened in Southern California, the ROAR Nats has us as a class, Norrca Nats has had us as a class for several years, with great turnout, Northern Cal has a good following, FLA has a good following, I'm told (haven't been there) as do other areas.

IMHO - marketable things:

Ease of maintenance
Inexpensive to purchase, own and maintain
Comparable prices for tires (in reality. . .)
SPEED (OH MY FREAKING WORD. . . ) second only to 1/8th scale!!! (in mod. . .)
Great looking (and easy to mask and paint) bodies
OPEN CLASS RULES - if we make this as non-restrictive as possible, it will bring people in. Mayhap a Pro10-Open class. . .includes the mods, brushless, etc.

and let's leave the "new class" things to another time/place. They're not going to happen. EFRA, IFMAR, etc. aren't going to do anything at all unless they see the class grow FIRST. That's the way of groups like this. No prob - we KNOW that they work off demand, they don't create it. Okay, let's CREATE it on OUR OWN. . .

Just look at the number of posts that this thread has, look at the number of posts that the "other" longstanding 1/10th onroad thread has - more than the 1/12th thread which was started at nearly the same time. . . That's just an indication of some potential. . .
Old 02-18-2004, 12:16 PM   #233
Tech Adept

Speedxl, i don't know in this world a driver who practice rc car and don't want go faster......I began by Pro10 and i continuous by 1/8Th IC because it's the faster class i had to need.If i comeback in Pro10,it's normal i'll push efra and my friends in way to get a 6 cell rule.."it's faster than befor".. But for me that's ok,a london club still run Pro10 and there're about 25 racer per sunday.I think in priority we need to speak about how to bringback well and after look for electronics and everything...
Old 02-18-2004, 12:17 PM   #234
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry White
I know Pro 10 is still big their but the pics are from 200mm Pro ten.
Strange, since there are Corally's there and they don't make a 200mm. . .neither does Yokomo (and there were a bunch pictured too. . .)

How do you know they're 200mm?

Pausing the video - they look pretty wide to me. . .

Last edited by Boomer; 02-18-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #235
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by SPEEDx971
Speedxl, i don't know in this world a driver who practice rc car and don't want go faster......I began by Pro10 and i continuous by 1/8Th IC because it's the faster class i had to need.If i comeback in Pro10,it's normal i'll push efra and my friends in way to get a 6 cell rule.."it's faster than befor".. But for me that's ok,a london club still run Pro10 and there're about 25 racer per sunday.I think in priority we need to speak about how to bringback well and after look for electronics and everything...
We are on the same wavelength!!!

We get the class back and going (as you've done in London) and get some demand going again and then we can move forward.

From the massive bruises on my head (from banging against ROAR and TRex) I can tell you postively that you have to get demand before you can get the sanctioning bodies (wow, that word took me a while . . .) will even pay attention. . .
Old 02-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #236
Tech Addict

My opinion is:

Pro 10:

6 cell, 200mm wide, proto body's (Lola, Panoz, Toyota GT1, Porsche GT1, Merrcede CLR, ...)

GT1 (Old Touring):

Current technology, Sports cars body's (NSX, Mclaren F1, Ferrari F40, Supra, ...)
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:27 PM   #237
Tech Elite

{more bruises to head}

Barry - why exclude all the manufacturers that do 235? do you not WANT those cars included?

{tries to peer into Barry's head to ascertain his thought processes! heh heh}

I realize we're going to disagree. How about you consider a Pro10 Open class which combines the Pro10Mod and is 200/235mm?

I know that I won't drive a 200mm car. I dont' have one while I have THREE 235 mm cars. Okay, sorry, I DO have a 200mm, but it's nitro so doesn't count.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #238
Tech Adept

To Boomer,
I speak now as a business man, it's true.If you ask all manifactuors to create a new car for a new class....that's a crazy idea.
Take Asso in off road: "they don't want to product a 4*4 because they don't sure to have a good market in this class and it'll cost them more than they'll earn."
So don't worry we'll never see that even if there's a new rule....
Don't forget, Efra,Roar,Ifmar and other work for manifactuors but not the opposite.......
Old 02-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #239
Tech Elite

boomer the pics barry is showing are of the 200mm class they have and the videos you show are of the 235 mm cars because i seen them on the same site you got them from and there are a few companies still making bodies and parts for them in japan because they still have a large following.

speedx971 i didnt say i want to slow the cars down i am for the speed i want a six cell mod car! i raced these cars in the 90's in open mod, in fact i ran 10 scale since 1986 when it wasnt even a class in roar, we actually ran them with seven cells (red scr's) and twister 15t doubles! they were slow compared to the stock six cell cars i ran back in 2000!
guy everyone has a good point but i think we are just throwing out our ideas and thoughts but i must agree with the guys that are saying we need to run the origional rules to let the manufactures see that there is an intrest , not just and intrest but that there is a movement and people are really running the cars and its growing in popularity!
Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 PM   #240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hector YGPM reply
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote