R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2004, 05:51 AM   #166

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default last picture

picture #3:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auto0003.jpg (144.6 KB, 314 views)
Old 02-17-2004, 06:41 AM   #167
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
on carpet in the corners the cars were difenatly better planted but when we were in a straight line we were faster but we did have the cars dialed in and were cutting the same lap times as the wide cars.
on the asphalt on fast and free flowing tracks like we raced on the narrow cars where as fast . like i said jhon malin and i were fast enough to win the last two known races here in fl at a state series event!
look i am not saying one is better then the other i am just stating dont underestimate a narrow pancar!
as far as your oval car testing it all depends on what type of track it is short or high speed!
We did roadcourse testing with a 10LSS versuses a regular 10L. Same cars, same Layouts, same days, both cars had Proto Nissan bodies of appropriate width. Same drivers driving each car, back to back. The wide car was always faster. With the advances in tire and suspension technology, a newer Narrow car might be faster than an older wide car, but all variables being equal I'll take the wider car. Personal preference.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 02-17-2004 at 06:50 AM.
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:47 AM   #168

Default wide vs narrow

I raced against a Corally CCT once. It was driven by the #3 dutch F1/indy driver. The CCT is something like a 190mm all-fiberglass C10/x. The guy is a top notch driver, so he put in very respectable lap times. He was a little quicker on the straights, but it was noticable he couldn't keep up in the corners. It was a slight differnce though. I prefer the wide car. I like the old group C cars looks, and as I mentioned before, a wide car is more forgiving to drive, and that could make the class more attractive to newcomers.

Driving a pro ten car is definitaly good for your driving skills! It teaches you throttle control, and it teaches you that driving smooth lines is always faster, even with a 4wd car.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:57 AM   #169
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via AIM to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via MSN to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to SpeedyTC3
Default Bringing back 1/10th pan cars

My vote is to bring these cars back. Way back when I started in off-road, we used to play around with the wide RC10L during down time and these cars were absolutely ridiculous!!!!
Great handling and awesome speed. Not to mention the cost factor is low too. I'm all for it and I just got a new RC10L2.
SpeedyTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:04 AM   #170
Tech Adept

Hello every body,i'm so happy to see that...I'm new in the forum,i'm from france but i live in london near Spashet's house...lol. But i race since 11 year and i've began and won in Pro10..And when Pro10 break off, i've race sedan but it costed me too much.And now i'm only a race director and federal represent. So i support and give you my hand for all your ideas you can have for bring back Pro10 on the world place as 90's to 98's.
Oh,Hugo, glad to see you on, and work for Pro10 comeback in France as the Cachard,William and other's years.....That was the good century....
SPEEDx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #171
Tech Regular

Where can I buy a brand new RC10L2?? (on-line)
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #172
Tech Adept

Oh Hugo ,i know maybe somebody who can help you to find a Trinity Pro10 in France, just send your mail and i'll reply soon...ok
Old 02-17-2004, 08:09 AM   #173
Tech Adept

Hugo i know a good shop in US who sell this shipper than all shop in the world and in France, ask for RMD..And they wiil give you the way to buy one
Old 02-17-2004, 08:13 AM   #174
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!! good idea!
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #175
Tech Adept

To Track:
Track i appreciate your fighting to bring back Pro10 but with my experience i'd like tell you how it'll be ok to have a 4 cell because it'll cost us less money and we can be competitive again factory driver.So,where is the big problem in all contry and more in Europe because it's an expensive hobby as others, but the cell cost a lot " 90 to 110$ for a 3300GP Team 6cell". I take my position,i'm a student and now,i can't race as 5 years ago, because if you haven't sponsor or supply factory ,you dead. So do what's you can do but think about all drivers who can buy easier a 4cell than a 6 cell....
Oh, i'm from the old school and i've began by Pro10,6 cell, 11*2 AND OUH, That was so fast........ Thank very much
Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #176
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

bull frog i won the last real pancar six cell race at superior hobbies . anything there after was the 4 cell era so yes i got the facts straight, i never counted the 4 cell stuff that hapeend a couple seasons with no real support. thats why it died.
so bullfrog yes i did win the last six cell pancar race in the series. sorry i didnt take the 4 cell stuff into acount.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:53 AM   #177
Tech Adept

Eh Hugo, are a competitor in france? And, did you practice 12th?
Old 02-17-2004, 08:53 AM   #178
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

guys tracksesigner will have a great formula for the race.
there will be a four cell class and there has been a discussion of even including an oval event because its a pancar.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #179
Tech Adept

Great for you Speedxl, i've won as well in 6 cell but now i try to understand what's going better to race. If you can help me now i appreciate because i've stopped race electric since 3 years and i don't really understand where is the blem to have 4 cell or 6 cell? expect it'll be shipper and inexpensive for some drivers..
Thanks
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #180
Tech Elite

I just don't see any attraction in 4-cell 10th scale. If you're gonna run 4-cell, Why not run 1/12th. The bodies are cheaper, tires are marginally cheaper, and a four-cell 12th scaler would EASILY outpace a four-cell 10th scale car on all but the dirtiest of surfaces.

One of the main reasons I see that supports six-cell pan car, is that the touring guys already run six-cell packs. I could run my six-cell packs in Mod Touring first, then re-run them in 10th scale because I could easily afford to lose some runtime for the pancar. If you run a Saddle-pack TC you could just slap the cells in your 10L. If your touring car uses side by side stick packs you could run a CRC Pantoura or Old School Trinity EV-10.

Believe me when I say that most die hard 12th scalers would NEVER have any interest in running a four-cell 10th class competitively. So why force the TC guys to buy all new packs to run Pro10?

The argument that the cars are too fast on six-cells is ludicrous. If a tenth pan car on six-cells is too fast, NOBODY would run 1/8th Nitro on-road. I didn't get into this hobby to putter around with an easy to drive car, I got into it because R/C cars are FAST. I'll bet there's a lot of folks out there with the same mentality.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote