R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   new tc4 being worked on! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/33166-new-tc4-being-worked.html)

speedxl 02-09-2004 10:10 AM

new tc4 being worked on!

yes guys the new associated touring car is in the works i dont know when it will be out but i was told it will be diffenitlly a drive shaft car!

TPhalen 02-09-2004 11:07 AM

hehheh

And you heard this where?

speedxl 02-09-2004 11:54 AM

at the snow birds from someone inside associated!

Hebiki 02-09-2004 12:12 PM

Interesting that TPhalen doesnt know :weird: even though in his sig it says Team Associated R&D.

doesnt R&D stand for Research and Development? :lol:

TPhalen 02-09-2004 12:15 PM

Yes, it does....

So, I guess I would know if we were working on one, correct? And since I DON'T know about one....well, let's put 2 and 2 together....

StephenSobottka 02-09-2004 12:18 PM

lol that really funny, seeing as how the tc3 is still winning races ne ways

speedxl 02-09-2004 12:19 PM

i guess you are calling one of your co workers a lier and as typicall associated fashion they are denying the fact pluss how do i know you are in the r&d department !

Bubblestc3 02-09-2004 12:21 PM

Oh, oh, my turn...

I saw the RC10B6 racing yesterday, but shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

(just a joke, please do not take me seriously... no one ever does. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

RCGaryK 02-09-2004 12:24 PM

Speed, trust me, Tony works for Associated, in the R&D Department.

Bubblestc3 02-09-2004 12:27 PM

Originally posted by speedxl
how do i know you are in the r&d department !
Yeah, Tony, how do we all know that you are in the R&D department???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(he really is... I think) :lol:

speedxl 02-09-2004 12:32 PM

hey all of you remember when they said they werent working on a 12l4 well i guess the car sitting there at thier display table wasnt a 12l4 a four cell car.

also the same guys that said the 19t four mag motor didnt exist!
well i guess they are correct i guess the new nitro tc3 with the clucth and rear supension changes wasnt sitting on the table.
oah i guess they dont want the public to know because then they wouldnt want to sit on all those tc3s sitting in the warehouse, its ok tony we all understand .
you need to sell whats in stock first before you introduce the new car.

deny all you want bro i know its being worked on because the person that told me is very reliable and with the track record you got denying things i'll believe him!

robk 02-09-2004 12:40 PM

Associated always denies they have anything until it is out because of the TC3 fiasco. Ala B4. When the new touring car is run at the carpet nats we can all have a good laugh together.

speedxl 02-09-2004 12:46 PM

robk i hear ya. i'll be there with a corona and a smile!

Bubblestc3 02-09-2004 12:51 PM

This thread got over 200 views in less than 20min!

Oh, I found this too...

click here

speedxl 02-09-2004 12:56 PM

ok so he drives for associated! doesnt mean that they give all there guys the new stuff to drive. you know he's not baker or pavidus! the real drivers!

CypressMidWest 02-09-2004 12:57 PM

Don't they have to release a TC4 now? I mean there's the B4, T4, 10L4, the 12L4, If they don't put it out soon they'll have dischord within their nomenclature!!!! Nobody wants that.

Tony I know that you of all people couldn't stand to see such incongruity within AE's products' identities! :lol:

dr_hfuhuhurr 02-09-2004 12:59 PM

So what will they do about the BFT? BFT4?

Please AE, tell me you won't make a 12L4 RTR...please!

hobbipro 02-09-2004 01:03 PM

I'd love to see an updated TC4, not that the TC3 cant win, but she is long in the tooth, and a few changes (namely the steering rack must go). Its only logical since the introduction of the MGT, B4, T4 and Nitro FT TC3 have been released the TC3 is next on the list to receive a massage treatment. The only bad thing for most racers is that if indeed a TC4 came out by the end of the year, the FT version will be another 8-12 months behind.

CypressMidWest 02-09-2004 01:05 PM

ok so he drives for associated! doesnt mean that they give all there guys the new stuff to drive. you know he's not baker or pavidus! the real drivers!
he works in the R AND D DEPARTMENT it's rather difficult for a company to develop a new car when their research and delopment department knows nothing of the project.

Ironic isnt' it?

speedxl 02-09-2004 01:05 PM

i dont think that it has to do with the 4 name but the car is over four years old and no matter how good it is technology gets old and associated as smart as they are wont fall behind because all the other manufactures are going to catch up and they would want to be ahead of everyone. and be one step ahead and come out with a new car nothing wrong with the old car
but like full scale racing you can only race a car for so long till it becomes obsilete and associated would much rather retire a car at the top of career then when it starts getting whooped!

JusBox 02-09-2004 01:11 PM

http://www.rancidkoolaid.com/images/arguing.jpg

RedBullRacin 02-09-2004 01:12 PM

doesnt R&D stand for

doesnt R&D stand for Race and Destroy or was that Ruin and Demolish

speedxl 02-09-2004 01:22 PM

i doesnt matter what we say the truth will prevail and we will once again know who's telling the truth at the end hopefully it will be a winning car.!

djjarjar 02-09-2004 01:25 PM

Ive heard rumours of a belt driven TC4.

speedxl 02-09-2004 01:26 PM

:lol:

CypressMidWest 02-09-2004 01:31 PM

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
http://www.rancidkoolaid.com/images/arguing.jpg
I'm not really arguing, I'm teasing Tony Phalen.

speedxl 02-09-2004 01:32 PM

thats funny as hell i was even thinking it was for me but you do have a point! its usless to argue on here !

Brian McGreevy 02-09-2004 01:41 PM

I would be willing to bet there is a new car coming out. Look at all the mods people have to do to their tc3's to get them FAST. They have to mill the chassis to move the batteries close to the centerline, they are using losi suspension parts. And the car still has a problem with the chassis not being totally flat AND the motor area warping because of heat. Something tells me AE will fix the problems (flat chassis, warping) and make the improvements (move batteries in, make rear hubs have a vertical camber link). They may even make room to use the Nitro TC3 rack assembly. That is what I'd guess AE would do for a new car.

Fortunately for Hector (speedxl) and I, our cars already have all those improvements and none of those problems without modification. Warpspeed rocks!

True R/C Racing 02-09-2004 01:43 PM

Yep, Its true i was There with Speedxl. Im looking foward For it.:cool: My next purchase too.

speedxl 02-09-2004 01:57 PM

yes warspeed rocks.

speedxl 02-09-2004 01:59 PM

hey true wuz up!
guys this was one of the guys standing next to me when i heared it so it was two
us for sure who heared it!
by the way for that swiss dude no its not belt it will deffinatly be a drive shaft car!

TSR6 02-09-2004 02:09 PM

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Yep, Its true i was There with Speedxl. Im looking foward For it.:cool: My next purchase too.
Who is this person that told you about this so called "TC4" ?

speedxl 02-09-2004 02:15 PM

look its not right for me to say who it was because i am not going to point him out but i can promise it is someone in the associated camp. guys we already know of the track record they have of denying things especially tony phaleon guys who ever said doesnt matter i just wanted every one to know its comming and its going to rock.

wcoyote 02-09-2004 02:15 PM

Face it, new products are always being developed. The people who do this are under contract not to leak any info or their job is in trouble, so anything will be denied, true or false. The car does need to be updated. I wouldn't be jumping on this bandwagon anytime soon though. How many years did it take from b3 to b4? And off road 2WD is still one of the most hotly contested classes. And B4 concepts were going on for 10+ years.

TPhalen 02-09-2004 02:27 PM

wcoyote is right. SOME people are under contract not to leak out info on new products. We have some projects undergoing right now that should not be known about, yet. If someone is leaking that info, wouldn't that be something that should be addressed??? I do. That's why I'm asking.

Hey speedxl, call Nissan or Toyota and tell them you heard about a new supercar they're working on. Think they'll tell ya if they are or not??? My guess is they'd say no....whether or not they are.

Anyway, post away. This is a pretty interesting thread....

Kraig 02-09-2004 02:35 PM

Hey Tony I have a suggestion for you guys whenever you get around to changing the tc3. Take the front bumper system off of the nitro car and put it on there. Meaning that the foam bumper is sandwiched between two plastic pieces. This might provide more support to the bottom piece when poor drivers like me hit things.

True R/C Racing 02-09-2004 02:37 PM

yep, things shouldn't Leak out but people make mistake. It will definetly hurt AE now people think tc4 coming out. noone Will buy a tc3. Like myself i was going to buy one now im going to wait.:sneaky:

DickemDown 02-09-2004 02:39 PM

he might not be a pavidis or a baker, but his name should carry a fair amount of respect. i don't mean to dog you, but if you know who tony phelan is, i doubt you'd diss him. he's a very cool guy with a ton of knowledge, and helpful.

maybe he is putting up a smoke screen, but who cares. are we giving out junior g-man badges for the one that can uncover the most controversial hush hush projects? kinda like rc x-files...

mulder, are you listening? we've got an assignment for you.:p

TSR6 02-09-2004 02:51 PM

how do i know you are in the r&d department !
First you don't know who he is..

we already know of the track record they have of denying things especially tony phaleon guys
Then you talk about him like you know him?

I'm lost on this one. I have a strong feeling this was a crap-shoot to try and sneak some (non exsistant ) info from someone.

speedxl 02-09-2004 02:52 PM

iam not dissing the guy totally i have been racing for over ten years and never heared of the guy or just he wasnt someone i payed attention to.

as far as the car the person that told is honorable and as far as your track record on here its questionable. i am not making money on this your on the other hand work for associated as its been mentiond to me are representative of the company and will do what it take to cover up or fix up what you might think will hurt your company esspecially if your team manager says so. you said on here on other occasions that certain things wherent comming out and they did so for me what ever your denying holds no water!
sorry the car is comming out and the guy that told me holds more whieght then what you said . if you instsist that it doesnt thats your poragative, i have nothing to gain all i want is for everybody to know that there a good change comming and its good so dont sour it up!