R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 556
Default ROAR Approval List and the SMC 5200 50C

Gidday,

Can someone confirm that the SMC 5200 50C is definetly not legal for ROAR racing at the present time? I have checked the list and it doesn't appear to be on there. Am I missing something?

And if its not legal, how long will it be until the list is updated? At the moment it is virtually impossible to buy the SMC5200 40C as they are not making them anymore.

Thanks
Michael Jones
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post
Gidday,

Can someone confirm that the SMC 5200 50C is definetly not legal for ROAR racing at the present time? I have checked the list and it doesn't appear to be on there. Am I missing something?

And if its not legal, how long will it be until the list is updated? At the moment it is virtually impossible to buy the SMC5200 40C as they are not making them anymore.

Thanks
Michael Jones

This CURRENT cycle is September 1 deadline for publication October 1. The list will be updated in a few days. There is no way to know what batteries are included on the updated list until that time.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,772
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I dont think Roar rules extend into New Zealand.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
imprsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Va.
Posts: 3,733
Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I dont think Roar rules extend into New Zealand.
I thought that same thing....
__________________
AwesomatixUSA
eXpress Motorsports
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I dont think Roar rules extend into New Zealand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
I thought that same thing....
Dawn is secretly taking over the world. Don't tell anybody.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 556
Default

New Zealand dont, but I am racing in the Australian Nationals that do use the ROAR list.

Thanks for the fast replies,
Mike
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

The Thunder Power 40C is on the list and batteries are available from Horizon Hobbies and others. TP5000-2SPRD
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

the smc 50c and thunder power 50c were used at the roar regionals last weekend im sure they are legal.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
The Thunder Power 40C is on the list and batteries are available from Horizon Hobbies and others. TP5000-2SPRD
Speaking as one who has done side by side comparison's, running rubber tire 13.5 on asphalt, the SMC is heavier and DOES NOT work any better, if anything it was a tad weaker out of the corners. I'd go the Thunder Power route.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
This CURRENT cycle is September 1 deadline for publication October 1. The list will be updated in a few days. There is no way to know what batteries are included on the updated list until that time.
From my quick look at the list it looks like none of the 1 cell LiPo packs with internal bullet connectors are on the list. Have any been submitted for approval?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net