R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default World GT help on deciding chassis

Hi guys

Need some help on which chassis to buy.
I would like to hear your input, pro's, con's and characteristics about the cars.
I will be running 1s lipo and 90% will be on asphalt
New to this class, so any help, advise and tips will be greatly appreciated.
stronzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

anyone gonna chime in?

Im sure someone knows something about the AE, CRC , BMI, X-Ray or other 10th scale pan-cars.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronzo View Post
anyone gonna chime in?

Im sure someone knows something about the AE, CRC , BMI, X-Ray or other 10th scale pan-cars.
I only have experience with the GEN X10 on carpet, and there is nothing quicker. It appears to work pretty well on asphalt too, from what others have said. The car responds well to adjustments, and i've always been able to get the car to 'work' in all situations. I like the versatility of the GEN x due to the battery positioning. I was running a 2s 7.4 lipo, but due to the rule changes, i will be converting to 3.7 shortly. The nice thing about this car, is that you don't have to buy a conversion kit, or re engineer the thing to make other batteries fit. I am really happy with this car, but maybe others will chime in who have owned/driven a few others for comparison.
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

I just bought the bmi and it looks pretty good from me just putting it together and the only other guy at my track running it is winning everytime and its a lot lighter then all the other cars
Old 10-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #5
Tech Elite

the gen x is a great car, it has tons of adjustability, is very durable, and is a great build. cutting edge design, and versitility is the basis of the gen x. i run mine as a 235mm on asphalt, and run a ton of 10.5 1s world gt on the rug. she's the cadilac of 10th. thats for sure.

good luck on your decision.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran a Corally 10X last season in WGT and once I ironed out a couple of things it was great.

The good:
Build quality
It's metric
T-bar car.
Easily converted between 235mm and 200mm.

The bad:
The centre shock is crap, I tossed it and put an Xray TC shock on.

Getting anything other than Corally rear wheels to fit involves modifying screws to fit inside the holes in the wheels.

Pricey.

Before I changed to Corally for all my pan cars I had run a BMI DB12R in 12th scale. If it wasn't for a lack of local support I would still be running it and would have a bought a DB10R for WGT.

Personally I think you can't go wrong with any of the WGT cars out there at the moment as long as you can get local support.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
I only have experience with the GEN X10 on carpet, and there is nothing quicker. It appears to work pretty well on asphalt too, from what others have said. The car responds well to adjustments, and i've always been able to get the car to 'work' in all situations. I like the versatility of the GEN x due to the battery positioning. I was running a 2s 7.4 lipo, but due to the rule changes, i will be converting to 3.7 shortly. The nice thing about this car, is that you don't have to buy a conversion kit, or re engineer the thing to make other batteries fit. I am really happy with this car, but maybe others will chime in who have owned/driven a few others for comparison.
Thanks for your feed back.
The Gen X10 is one of the cars I'm interested in.
Let me know how the 1s works out.
Have you ever raced in Rippon? Thats where I'll be racing at.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Burns View Post
I ran a Corally 10X last season in WGT and once I ironed out a couple of things it was great.

The good:
Build quality
It's metric
T-bar car.
Easily converted between 235mm and 200mm.

The bad:
The centre shock is crap, I tossed it and put an Xray TC shock on.

Getting anything other than Corally rear wheels to fit involves modifying screws to fit inside the holes in the wheels.

Pricey.

Before I changed to Corally for all my pan cars I had run a BMI DB12R in 12th scale. If it wasn't for a lack of local support I would still be running it and would have a bought a DB10R for WGT.

Personally I think you can't go wrong with any of the WGT cars out there at the moment as long as you can get local support.

Is there a big difference with a T-Bar car?
Or is that more of a preference
Old 10-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for your feed back.
The Gen X10 is one of the cars I'm interested in.
Let me know how the 1s works out.
Have you ever raced in Rippon? Thats where I'll be racing at.
There's a bunch of guys from Ripon who come up to Chico to run the Winter series (carpet). The class will be a 1s 10.5 setup. Two of the fastest guys that run up there are from your home track, and both run GenX 10's. With that being said, i've heard the 1s 13.5 combo is kind of a putt- putt on asphalt. Either way, you'll have lots of help available with setting up the car.
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys were saying that dirt and foam bits get caught in the damper disc on the XRay cars. So if you're racing asphalt then I would say the X10 is out.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Talking World GT

The CRC Gen x10 - would be the only car I would look at. It fast and easy to drive car. It was developed right here in the USA. The guys at CRC are racers and it leads to a great product.
martin660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi guys

Need some help on which chassis to buy.
I would like to hear your input, pro's, con's and characteristics about the cars.
I will be running 1s lipo and 90% will be on asphalt
New to this class, so any help, advise and tips will be greatly appreciated.
I run the BMI DB10rr and I have to say the car is easy to setup and Drive! I like it because you can set it and forget it. I just won the pave regionals with it and it was the first time I drove it! PM me I will give you my setup.
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #13
Tech Elite

There would be three chassis to choose from. Darkside - Corally and and un-named chassis manufacturer at this time.I've run the Corally 235 pan car afew years ago and to get American tires to fit was rather easy for me They fit right on. If you wanted a car right now get the Darkside or the Corally they have been working great here in Florida.
I'm running an older chassis and waiting for my un named chassis to be made.Maybe I can get him to make the greenwood vette in 200mm
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
Tech Regular

The first thing I would look at is if it is Lipo capable. The CRC and Darkside fit the 7.4 easily. The CRC, Darkside, Associated and BMI all will do 3.7 without a hitch. The Corally and XRay while really good cars will not do Lipo as easy as they are T Bar cars. I do prefer to drive T Bar cars but currently own a CRC just because Lipo is the way things are going (IIC had all pan cars running Lipo).

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
Tech Regular

I should have added that whatever you buy you will have fun with, I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you buy as everything offered now is a great car.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote