R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default Xray T2 009 carpet setup with rubber tyres

Iam looking for a good carpet setup for rubber tyres racing 13.5. The track lay out will change every week so a good base set up is needed. Also has any one used the standard carpet setup that comes in the xray kit, what was it like. Any advise / tips would be use full.
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Paul Lemieux setup from US Novak Championships (10.5 rubber) is a good setup to begin with. Its on the Xray site.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
fullout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mississauga
Posts: 316
Send a message via MSN to fullout
Default

the standard setup is pretty spot on. I went from a tc5 to the 009 and i won't look back. I couldn't get the tc5 dialed and the 009 i just set up the way the manual recommended and voila, the car handles like it should.
fullout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

I should of mentioned that I will have to use RP24 or RP30 tyres
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Iam looking for a good carpet setup for rubber tyres racing 13.5. The track lay out will change every week so a good base set up is needed. Also has any one used the standard carpet setup that comes in the xray kit, what was it like. Any advise / tips would be use full.
Me and Drew Ellis ran Paul's reedy race setup on Carpet in 13.5 at the IIC. Its also the same setup that Paul ran and won Mod Rubber with. Very very few small changes. I think he may have his vegas setup on the xray site now. Very easy to drive!!

Pay very close to camber....One of the most sensitive adjustments on the car for rubber tires!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Me and Drew Ellis ran Paul's reedy race setup on Carpet in 13.5 at the IIC. Its also the same setup that Paul ran and won Mod Rubber with. Very very few small changes. I think he may have his vegas setup on the xray site now. Very easy to drive!!

Pay very close to camber....One of the most sensitive adjustments on the car for rubber tires!

EA
That setup sheet says he ran a PROTOFORM SPEED 12 body. That must have looked interesting

I often wonder how accurate setup sheets are. A couple times at the Snowbirds, I saw team managers (I guess) telling the drivers to get their setup sheets together and then watched the drivers piss and moan and scribble whatever on a sheet to turn it in.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
That setup sheet says he ran a PROTOFORM SPEED 12 body. That must have looked interesting

I often wonder how accurate setup sheets are. A couple times at the Snowbirds, I saw team managers (I guess) telling the drivers to get their setup sheets together and then watched the drivers piss and moan and scribble whatever on a sheet to turn it in.
Yea I noticed that on there too!

I know that Paul is not one to play around with that stuff as he is one of the most accessible drivers at the races. Always more than willing to let anyone come check out his cars. But I do know what you mean about that!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Yea I noticed that on there too!

I know that Paul is not one to play around with that stuff as he is one of the most accessible drivers at the races. Always more than willing to let anyone come check out his cars. But I do know what you mean about that!

EA
Yea, I'm not trying to accuse him of that either and what I saw may have been just been someone having a bad day. Which is why I didn't mention any names. Most of the team drivers I've spoken to have all been more than helpful.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Yea I noticed that on there too!

I know that Paul is not one to play around with that stuff as he is one of the most accessible drivers at the races. Always more than willing to let anyone come check out his cars. But I do know what you mean about that!

EA
Paul SHOULD give out his setup. No one can outdrive him anyway.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default When can we exspect to see some info about the new

motor mount and parts? Expect.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

I have been looking at the setup sheets from Paul and Drew, A few things I noticed. 6 degree caster on both setups ?? short drive shafts - what change or improvement will this give. On Drews setup it says 3.5 deg rear camber ?? seems alot. These are there IIC setups
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Paul SHOULD give out his setup. No one can outdrive him anyway.
Aren't you through lurking in this thread now that you ordered a Photon?

EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 AM   #13
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
Aren't you through lurking in this thread now that you ordered a Photon?

If I can't beat you with the same car you're driving, then I need to try something else. If it still doesn't work, at least it will give me an excuse.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
If I can't beat you with the same car you're driving, then I need to try something else. If it still doesn't work, at least it will give me an excuse.
Yea but, if you start beating me, then I have to go buy another car
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:37 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net