Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated TC3 or HPI RS4 Pro 3 >

Associated TC3 or HPI RS4 Pro 3

Associated TC3 or HPI RS4 Pro 3

Old 02-25-2002, 08:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't often say this to people, but I say go with the TC3. But, you do know that there are many, many other options out there. Losi, Tamiya, Corally, XRay, Yokomo, and many others make good cars that you could consider.

Don't worry about what everybody else runs at your track. If you need advice, this board is only a few clicks on the computer away. Arm yourself with info about setup and whatnot BEFORE you head to the track, and you'll be fine.

Dont worry about what parts the local shop carries either. Unless your driving a piece of junk, you'll know what parts in particular you need to have extras for. Theres usually only a few weak points on any car. Its a good idea to keep extras in you box anyway, whether the local shop stocks stuff for your car or not. Heres a thought, what if their out of what you need or you just happen to be broke(money wise) that night? So keeping extras of what you need just makes sense.

Besides, I don't care WHAT car you drive, between the car, electronics, tools and other equipment, no local shop can carry everything, so you will end up ordering SOMETHING at one point or another. So don't buy into that stuff about getting the car that the local shop supports. Find a car you'll like and feel comforterable with, find out whats the weak points on that particular car and get extras for those things and any other things you think might give way.

I have never run a car that the local shop supports, and have never been caught without the part I need. Because I have sense enough to keep extras.

So don't limit your options. Keep your mind open to all cars.

And of course, good luck with whatever car you choose.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

get the tc3!!! only an idiot would get a hpi
Old 03-16-2002, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

R Anderson.

Your question is an insult to Associated, who in the TC3 have one of the finest touring cars of all times.

I'm afraid the Pro 3 just doesn't compare. But if you don't believe me just take a look at poor Atshusi Hara. Potentially the best driver in the World. Current World champion when he was driving Yokomos, beating Spashett, Masami, Pavidis, the lot.

He then goes to HPI. What has he achieved. He has learnt alot about having to drive his aris off to stay in the A main, when he was showing everyone the way round when driving for Yoke.

Darkseid suggested a few other cars on the market. I think you would do better buying any one of those, rather than a Pro 3.

IncidentallyI don't run a TC3 myself. I run a Yoke. My son runs a TC3, and believe me, it takes some beating.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rctc3
get the tc3!!! only an idiot would get a hpi
that is going a bit far to call someone a idiot for buying a pro3
i have 3 of the pro'3s and i dont think im a idiot for buying them
i could say the same about people that by the tc3!

to answer the question if you are wanting to buy a pro3
i would buy the hpi pro3 spec-v and a hb upper deck either the 2.1 or 2.4 and that is all you will need to be at the top.
but keep in mind its not the car that wins you a race
its you the driver so if you cant drive it doesnt matter what you have until you master the driving skill down. so get you
a car and stick with it which ever you get.