R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #16
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopkeeper View Post
I have a duo that has 4 race days on it and it just shut down on me at the start of the main last race. It went for a about 2 feet off the start line at full throttle and just quit. Is there any repair of these duo motors?
It could be your sensor cable if you have not swapped it out try that. If it smoked I think Trinity is now offering a replacement service on them. I dont know all the details though. www.teamepic.com and there is a link on the front page. Once they smoke there is not much you can do with them.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It could be your sensor cable if you have not swapped it out try that. If it smoked I think Trinity is now offering a replacement service on them. I dont know all the details though. www.teamepic.com and there is a link on the front page. Once they smoke there is not much you can do with them.

EA
Eric, here is the correct link http://www.teamepiconline.com/ . I tried yours and it took me to a redirect site. I have not been able to find anything on the replacement issue as of yet though.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #18
Team EAM

http://www.teamepiconline.com/pages/motor_refurbish.htm

Thanks Yeti....Here is the page I found. It doesnt say the motors have to be working so I am unsure. It does say that you can swap motors that are not eligable for warranty. A little unclear.

EA
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
http://www.teamepiconline.com/pages/motor_refurbish.htm

Thanks Yeti....Here is the page I found. It doesnt say the motors have to be working so I am unsure. It does say that you can swap motors that are not eligable for warranty. A little unclear.

EA
It does not seem to be real clear at all imo. I have at least two I would love to send back to get replacement refurbs. I have to give Novak the credit they deserve on how they handle replacement stuff. Hopefully they will get it a little more clear.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:

EA
Thanks EA. It didn't smoke, it just stopped. New sensor cable didn't fix it. Thanks for links also.
Shopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default original Duo

Hi EA,

I have two of your original Duo (13.5 and 17.5)and using a SPX profile 7 on my 416. Should I run full timing on both motors?

Thanks,
Joe
joech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #22
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joech View Post
Hi EA,

I have two of your original Duo (13.5 and 17.5)and using a SPX profile 7 on my 416. Should I run full timing on both motors?

Thanks,
Joe

No on the original duo's you want to run middle hole on timing and profile 7 for both.

EA
Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Hi All

What timing setting would you recommend running on a duo2 and a tekin speedy (203)

I see that jeff cuffs and jason schref use mid hole on the duo1 and also that ea put mid hole on a duo1 is equal timing to full timing on a duo2

just really want some clarification as i am a bit worried about blowing the motor using settings like these as with my old speedo gm 120 (4.9 firmware on mode8) the motor gets very hot just using the timing which comes from the factory and i dont even think the gm is as aggresive as the tekin in terms of timing advance etc.

Sorry about all the questions its just ive not used the tekin yet and my first race with it will be a reaonably large championship event so need to get up to speed quick (both on the track and in the pits )

Thanks

Mark
Bony85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bony85 View Post
Hi All

What timing setting would you recommend running on a duo2 and a tekin speedy (203)

I see that jeff cuffs and jason schref use mid hole on the duo1 and also that ea put mid hole on a duo1 is equal timing to full timing on a duo2

just really want some clarification as i am a bit worried about blowing the motor using settings like these as with my old speedo gm 120 (4.9 firmware on mode8) the motor gets very hot just using the timing which comes from the factory and i dont even think the gm is as aggresive as the tekin in terms of timing advance etc.

Sorry about all the questions its just ive not used the tekin yet and my first race with it will be a reaonably large championship event so need to get up to speed quick (both on the track and in the pits )

Thanks

Mark
hey mark, you didnt say what you are using this combo in, but i run a duo1 and i put it in the center timing slot and run max boost in the speedo with no problems at all. i run 12th scale and WGT with 1S. rolling out about 67mm or so. comes off track at about 135 degrees.

Josh Evans
kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #25
Tech Master

Just wondering, to change the timing on the duo2 do i just unscrew the three philiphead screws in the backplate? What funny things will happen when i would retard the motor?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I picked up two Express 17.5 motors, a Duo1 and Duo2. Any recommendations for running in SC Stock 17.5 class?

I hear the Duo1 was actually a better motor and the Duo2 runs a little hotter?? Any suggestions for timing on the motors or replacing the Rotor?

which is better? is the newer D3 much better?
squig is offline   Reply With Quote