Wiki Posts
Search

Help thinking of getting a Hpi Sprint Flux

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Help thinking of getting a Hpi Sprint Flux

Thinkking About Getting A Hpi Sprint flux Want To maybe do some parking lot racing maybe some drifting I want a car that will be good for both and fast any help is thankful
Old 09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sup,
I have a sprint 2 with a 6900kv mamba max and it rocks, I found the car to run really well on the track once you sort out the loose steering, do the rear diff housing mod, get some sorax slicks. Keep it out of the rocks, the belts will die quick! The sprint drifts so killer and smooth!

I recently bought a FTTC5 and found the sprint was alot better balanced right off the bat! After putting another $100 into the tc5 for a brass lipo tray to balance the car out and a few other mods it goes better but I'm still amazed by the sprint 2, it just drives good!

We put masking tape on all 4 tires for drifting at work on a really smooth floor and it's a blast!!! My tc5 just doesn't drift as good IMO!
now my tc5 would smoke a sprint 2 but it took alot more money!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got the Sprint 2 w/ a Sidewinder 4600 system. Great car in the parking lot at AndersonR-C and up at HTUSA-Greensboro. I run Jaco Rubberz(Blue) at both locations and get better results than with foams. I down in High Point so, just PM me if you need help getting started racing around here.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Excellent value for money, may pay off to also purchase the Castle Link so you can tune the esc through the computer. Would be great for parking lot and drifting.