R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
Sorry dude, 7th right behind you I was 5th the year before oops. Don't know where I got that 6 from? Do you think we would have done better with a newer car?
I ask myself that very same question everytime I race foam. Honestly, I am not sure at this point. Right now I am trying not to pull the trigger on a new 009.

It's the year 2010. Shouldn't vacuum cleaners be quieter by now?
TimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysD8 View Post
I was told by the person I bought it from that it's 2.5mm, the one person at the track that runs xray said it's 3.5. I guess I better hope for the 2.5mm and measure it. When you ask "are the slots still on the bottom" what are you referring to? I'm still new to this, so please excuse the ignorance!
I'm not for sure but I think the bmi foam chassis didn't have the flex slots in the chassis. If you look at the bottom of the chassis there should be four squiggly slots around the bulkhead mounting screws.

**TEAM RCAMERICA**XRAY**HUDY**PROLEVEL RC**
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
I ask myself that very same question everytime I race foam. Honestly, I am not sure at this point. Right now I am trying not to pull the trigger on a new 009.
I'm waiting for a 010 or t3 even if I need to wait another year. What speed control were you running? I felt I was down on power using my sphere tc.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ok thanx for the info so now whats a decent T2 roller going for?? btw its probibly a matter of opinion but how many TC5s are active compared to Xrays?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm not for sure but I think the bmi foam chassis didn't have the flex slots in the chassis. If you look at the bottom of the chassis there should be four squiggly slots around the bulkhead mounting screws.
Well I measured the chassis and it's 2.5mm instead of 3.5mm, but you're right , no squiggly slits in the chassis. It does however have all the screw holes to move the aluminum stands around like listed under the mft page of the setup book. So without the squiggly lines which I'm guessing allow for the mft is it useless to move the aluminum stands around trying to get a softer or stiffer setting? Wouldn't I want a softer setting for carpet with rubber tires?
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysD8 View Post
Well I measured the chassis and it's 2.5mm instead of 3.5mm, but you're right , no squiggly slits in the chassis. It does however have all the screw holes to move the aluminum stands around like listed under the mft page of the setup book. So without the squiggly lines which I'm guessing allow for the mft is it useless to move the aluminum stands around trying to get a softer or stiffer setting? Wouldn't I want a softer setting for carpet with rubber tires?
I would remove the stands completely, get as much flex as you can in the chassis. If by chance you can get a original chassis it would be better, but this is about as good as you can do with the one you have, at least it is a 2.5mm and not 3mm or more.
And I think I gave you a foam tire setup earlier, try this one instead:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=753&setup=t2

I copied the wrong one earlier, sorry.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
I would remove the stands completely, get as much flex as you can in the chassis. If by chance you can get a original chassis it would be better, but this is about as good as you can do with the one you have, at least it is a 2.5mm and not 3mm or more.
And I think I gave you a foam tire setup earlier, try this one instead:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=753&setup=t2

I copied the wrong one earlier, sorry.
Thanks for all your help! I'm going to give it a try and see how it works out. Like I said I'm new to electric so for the $85 I paid for it with all the spares I feel like I got my moneys worth. It was and is in excellent shape. If it don't work out someone at the local track offered to buy it. If it don't work out I'll be selling it and on here asking questions about the t2r pro. Looks to be a great car for the money. Again thanks for all your help!! I'll let you know how it turns out!
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote