R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #76
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Scotty everyone here at Tekin is upset about your loss. I hope you can recover from such a hard hit. If the IIC continues to next year I will volunteer personally to stand guard over the equipment in shifts if any others are willing to participate. If this is what it takes, then I will be happy to stand my post to prevent this from occuring again.

The only good thief is a dead thief...

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #77
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

after having my first generator and related rc stuff including my rc10gt and race computer and pa speakers stolen out of my pit trailer 2 years ago at the local dirt track over night and then just the generator taken again last winter parked next to my house I know how you feel Scotty. if you need unaltered pic for insurance just yell and I'll get the clean versions of the files that I posted to www.rc50.com for insurance.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Default Donations To Replace Stolen Equipment

Scotty,

I know you are a very humble guy and would never ask but if you have a PayPal account and you post it, I am sure that there are several of us racers, Teams and Manufactures that are willing to help you replace your lost equipment.

s-
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #79
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
As most of you that were there in Vegas know Scotty is coming up to announce and run our race the "Timezone Gran Prix" . November 6,7,and 8th 2009. It is also now unofficially know as the Scotty Ernst trailer benefit. We will now give $10 of each entry towards the trailer equipment replacement. we are looking at (100) pit spots so we may see 100 to 150 entries....

So come on guys what better way to help out a bit and get the opportunity to race again with the best R.D. around.

We will post thread today about the race and we are working on the entry form. Registration and information is available on our website at www.timezoneracing.com
that is really nice of your event to do...
karmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #80
Tech Rookie

Great post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #81
Suspended

inside job and you know it, I hope you can sleep at night...2 years in a row 2 different locations, my bottom...that pretty weird.
nitroballer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #82
Tech Initiate

I only made it downtown to watch for 1 afternoon, but it was a well run event and I hope you can do it again next year.

There are a bunch of people in Vegas that raced this year, I'm sure someone would offer up a garage or something to park this thing in if it isn't too big. Or maybe one of the storage places in town can rent a garage for a weekend to lock it up in, although I don't know how much more secure that would be. It's the only way to more or less guarantee it doesn't happen again.

Hope it is found or insurance has it covered. Way to go with the Timezone Grand Prix, hope they fill all the classes to capacity.

As said before, the only good thief is a dead thief!
Retloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well I was not expecting my first post after the IIC to be in a separate thread about a 2nd time nightmare. After last years horror. I never imagined that it could get worse.

The trailer was locked up in a secure gate off site from the hotel. I had thought that this would be better than sitting in the open lot at the hotel. I was mistaken. We had packed up the event on Sunday and loaded it in the trailer. We had everything in there. PA System. Numerous computers. 4 monitors, 2 AMB Scoring boxes, All of Paul Lemieux RC gear. all of Jamies personal tools. Doug Hay's Betta Bright and computers plus all the tires, motors, ect, ect, ect. 5 years of equipment. I cant imagine all of our stuff just getting rummaged through and then chucked in a dumpster.

I am in contact with my insurance company to see if or what is covered, but Aaron said, you never come out ahead.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and I pray that some how I can come out of this. We were able to overcome the blow from last years Trailer robbery and I will pray that we can also some how overcome this.

Thanks again to everyone for their support of the IIC and I will keep you updated as things progress.

Thanks
Scotty
I'm at a loss for words.. sorry scotty,and paul......, crap i have 1/2 the stuff as him and i will b sick for a year is i lost it this way... sadd very sadd!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Bummed

Like Yeti, I would have no problem with getting away from The Strip and back to something like the South Point next year. Don't remember any issues with theft there.

After dealing with checking my daughter into college this year, I learned one thing to deter theft of laptops computers...it is called LoJack for Laptops. Look it up.

Of course, this is coming from a guy that has done all of two vacations in Europe resulting in being targeted by pickpocketers twice...

My sincere condolences to Scotty, crew and Paul for the hassle. Hope this does note lead to the demise of the IIC.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #85
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This situation sucks and I hope they find the donks and they are prosecuted fully.

It's one thing to lose a battery pack off your pit table or something...
This is quite another.

Best wishes in catching these thieves.
_Hier_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #86
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

There's no way this would lead to the demise of the IIC, don't bet on that!

I know there are many people, myself included, who would go a long way to donate/buy/scrounge/borrow equipment to see this race pulled off each year. I think next year we'll have no shortage of volunteers willing to watch over the contents of the trailer for that last day.

Regarding the talk of a conspiracy or inside job... sure, it's possible. But there are a lot of desperate people out there, and probably moreso now than ever. An actual racer would not likely know that Paul's stuff was in there, and would not have anything to gain race-wise other than some used equipment and tools they could try to fence. And at that point they aren't a racer, they're just a criminal. There are people who drive around every night looking for easy targets and a quick score of stuff they can turn over for a quick grand and that's probably what happened here.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #87
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal View Post
Regarding the talk of a conspiracy or inside job... sure, it's possible. But there are a lot of desperate people out there, and probably moreso now than ever. An actual racer would not likely know that Paul's stuff was in there, and would not have anything to gain race-wise other than some used equipment and tools they could try to fence. And at that point they aren't a racer, they're just a criminal. There are people who drive around every night looking for easy targets and a quick score of stuff they can turn over for a quick grand and that's probably what happened here.
So very true. Times are tough and some people would steal your grass from your front yard if they could make a buck on it.

Hell just look at how many houses have the copper wiring and plumbing stolen just for recycle... That is desperate as hell.
_Hier_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If we have the same place next year see i f we can pull the trailer into the hall and leave it there till its time to leave we pull cars into these place all the time for car shows. the ramp is right outside the door right where we true tires.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #89
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
If we have the same place next year see i f we can pull the trailer into the hall and leave it there till its time to leave we pull cars into these place all the time for car shows. the ramp is right outside the door right where we true tires.
I would suggest that the location of the trailer be kept a secret...for obvious reasons...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #90

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As some one who deals with security issues for my job... Security through obscruity (the whole "Shhh its a SECRET!" stuff) doesnt work. Best and only solid bet, just hire a private security firm to have someone watch it for a night. Its cheap, effective, and probably will keep the insurance cost on the event lower since you can prove to the insurance company that you have taken steps to avoid this in the future.

Just not telling people where a trailer is... is never going to work. Anyone who wants to find the trailer, will. Would it be that hard to follow it from the hotel?