R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive decided Im going to get the Tamiya 1/10 Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza TA-05V.2 Kit I think and hopefully get a Porsche body that will fit it.

Im going to make another thread and ask some questions.
clamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
Tech Elite

When you get into racing. Don't bother with the ones that look nice, because they don't last more than a few races. Get the ones that last the longest. If you can get a body to last one session, without the whole body comming apart, then it's a keeper. But I guess it's best you learn that lession on your own.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike76 View Post

Speaking of HPI Porsche bodies, how about this one I was racing in 1996 on my kyosho Spyder..

fastharry.com Kyosho Spyder with HPI Porsche body

Last edited by fastharryDOTcom; 09-14-2009 at 09:16 PM.
fastharryDOTcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen10 Send a message via Skype™ to Mugen10

Love the Porche! I will buy a boxter next year. I will let u konw how it works on the back roads
Mugen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
Tech Elite

My expereinece with HPI bodies has been very poor and I am not willing to give them another chance. Both bodies I bought from them shattered like glass on impacts that any other brand would have glossed over. One of the cars was literally a pile of shards after the impact (first impact right after completion). A couple of days' worth of work down the drain like that. The detail is nowhere near as nice as that of Tamiya bodies, and for Porsches, most manufacturers (HPi included) change the body so it fits the "normal" 1/10 wheelbase which is the wrong size for a realistic Porsche which is shorter in real life than a normal car. Also, most manufacturers do not stick to the big fat rear end of the Porsche. They just make the rear end the same width as the front which takes away 90% of the beauty of the Porsche shell. There is only one other bodyshell that I liked (has the correct proportions) which comes from ABC hobby, but that is a mini size body (fits Tamiya's mini chassies if you get the right wheelbase) and the ABC Genetic chassis.

The TT01 chassis is very basic but if you keep within reason with the power and stick with brushed you can be competitive. Not sure what they did to shorten it for the GT3 (this shell like all other Porsches from tamiya needs a shorter chassis than most other TC shells). I only bought the shell and it fits the RSR limited edition chassis perfectly.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 09-15-2009 at 06:03 PM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #21
Tech Regular

If TA-05 its not race worthy, and you are not considering racing just yet, you should consider the DF-03RA

http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...za07/index.htm

Then you can do some rally too. or at least you don`t need to fear stones at the parking lot.

Have you considered the TB-03 against the TA-05 vII?

There is a tread for the TB-03/TA-05? talk to the guys there.
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
If TA-05 its not race worthy, and you are not considering racing just yet, you should consider the DF-03RA

http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...za07/index.htm

Then you can do some rally too. or at least you don`t need to fear stones at the parking lot.

Have you considered the TB-03 against the TA-05 vII?

There is a tread for the TB-03/TA-05? talk to the guys there.

I really like that DF03Ra.
It will perform well in both asphalt and some dirt?
clamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #23
Tech Regular

The chassi is from a buggy so the dirt part is its home terf.

I startet off with rc just like you with a off roader first and then a on road car later.

I bought a TL-01 who is simpler than the DF-03RA and not so upgradable.

In my opinion the DF-03RA is the next gen TA-02 who is a classic.

All cars mentioned above has shaft layout with motor mounted diagonaly? (sorry my bad english)

My TL-01 was and is a super sturdy car who i am pleased with. I have have had no issues with the durability and i drive HARD!
And i think the DF-03RA will be a good candidate if the need for a similar car should arrive.

Im currently looking for a "restart" in rc my self and i realy like the DF-03RA chassie by the looks of it my self. Looks sturdy, unlike the race machines, who looks like fish nets.

me on the other hand is going to look for a bit different car than you.
Or maybe i don`t. :P
I like shaft layouts but dont`t fancy the motor mounted longitudaly.

So ho knows. Maby ill dropp the touring car racing idea, and gets a M-chassie for competition and ill drift/rally with either my old TL-01 or a new DF-03RA.

Get the long wheelbase modell if so. its a nasty angle at de back with the short verition. (it will eat those CVD things faster) Look in the DF-03RA tread for picture.

PS: im going sailing from Oslo to kristiansand tomorrow so don`t expect answer within a few days.
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #24
Tech Elite

The DF03RA chassis comes with two sets of rear arms so wheelbase can be adjusted by changing the rear arms and/or flipping them.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote