Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions? >

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Not sure who's this car is but it's a CRC car with the speedo in question and I don't see the pack wired into the speedo. Looks like it goes straight to the receiver to me. Click on the thumbnail and then enlarge the pic to see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?-picta296.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Not sure who's this car is but it's a CRC car with the speedo in question and I don't see the pack wired into the speedo. Looks like it goes straight to the receiver to me. Click on the thumbnail and then enlarge the pic to see what I mean.
i think you are see the transponder wire going into the rx not the reciever pack, those look like they are wired into the switch like the other cars
Old 09-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

good think you're not a tech person. The plug CLEARLY goes right to the ESC...I guess you failed place mat mazes at Deny's when you were a kid (I'm kidding with you)...but that goe from battery to ESC and ESC powering RX.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Lord

That's what I was saying. None of those cars have the rx pack wired into the esc. They go into the receiver. Conspiracy over, case closed.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

If you hook a 1s and 2s pack together in series you will see a lot more voltage (3s), but if that 2s pack is only 200mah or so, it wont have that voltage for long. The whole thing is dumb. There are much better ways to boost voltage, using a tiny little rx pack would not work very well.
Ummm we can just do simple math really. It's wired in parallel not series.

So you have 7.4 + 3.6 = 11volts / 2 = 5.5 volts...that's a rough guess. And it's safe to do the same with the capacity. But since we barely use 2000mah in a race for 17.5/13/5 capacity doesn't matter. That's not how it works since the higher pack will drop to feed the lower pack, but even if it's 4 volts that is an advantage.

It's hard to say what a pack will do without trying it.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

That's what I was saying. None of those cars have the rx pack wired into the esc. They go into the receiver. Conspiracy over, case closed.

Dude you're blind, and since many of us where there...that's how it was wired...which is CLEAR in the pics. LOL.

Case closed..Internet sucks.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DerekB
good think you're not a tech person. The plug CLEARLY goes right to the ESC...I guess you failed place mat mazes at Deny's when you were a kid (I'm kidding with you)...but that goe from battery to ESC and ESC powering RX.
Dude you are seeing things. Look closely at a blowup of the 1/12th car. There is a big deans connector near the rx pack but the wires from it go to the speedo, not the rx pack. The wires from the rx pack go to a normal radio connector hanging loose near the front of the car. It obviously plugs into the connector on top of the servo. Those wires go to the receiver.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

Hang on a sec, now that I look again there should be 4 plugs in the esc but there are only three so it looks like somewhere in that maze of wiring it does go to the esc.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Dude you are seeing things. Look closely at a blowup of the 1/12th car. There is a big deans connector near the rx pack but the wires from it go to the speedo, not the rx pack. The wires from the rx pack go to a normal radio connector hanging loose near the front of the car. It obviously plugs into the connector on top of the servo. Those wires go to the receiver.

Sweet baby jesus man. First off...I touched and saw these cars in person. Second the SWITCH is wired into the RX and the battery goes to the ESC...see the 2 wires going to the ESC from the switch...

I love the internet.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Lord

Read up one post, and chill out dude.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Hang on a sec, now that I look again there should be 4 plugs in the esc but there are only three so it looks like somewhere in that maze of wiring it does go to the esc.

Ahhh, instead of arguing something you didn't see or know...how about just listening and learning.

Internet 0. Humans 1
Old 09-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DerekB
Ummm we can just do simple math really. It's wired in parallel not series.

So you have 7.4 + 3.6 = 11volts / 2 = 5.5 volts...that's a rough guess. And it's safe to do the same with the capacity. But since we barely use 2000mah in a race for 17.5/13/5 capacity doesn't matter. That's not how it works since the higher pack will drop to feed the lower pack, but even if it's 4 volts that is an advantage.

It's hard to say what a pack will do without trying it.
If you wire a 2s pack in parallel with a 1s pack, the 2s pack will try to charge the 1s pack and things go boom.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

If I had the electrical know how maybe we could charge up a cap above the 3.7 from the battery. Isn't that what the Novak smart booster doing? Then feed it back to the motor for a little extra kick.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Here is the wiring schematics I found for it.
Attached Thumbnails Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?-placemat1.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by HB Moose
If I had the electrical know how maybe we could charge up a cap above the 3.7 from the battery. Isn't that what the Novak smart booster doing? Then feed it back to the motor for a little extra kick.
That would be a much better approach then what this other dude is speculating about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.