Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions? >

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 robk
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I get tired of always hearing some one complain about factory drivers getting the best of everything Lets not forget that they are fantastic drivers who have earned those perks.
Even on a level playing field and I mean everything the same car setup and all, most of us would still be 2 or more laps off pace with the likes of Herbert,Haynes,Blackstock the list goes on they are just that good face the facts you got beat by a better driver simple as that. I don't drive for Tekin but I have one and all I had to do was ask for the upgrade to V200 and Randy sent it to me no problem so anyone can get these upgrades not just factory drivers.
Now can we please get this thread closed enough is enough lets just have fun.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
The idea of banning timed esc's is not practical. Then you really will have rampant cheating and the "hacked" or "modded" speedos some prophesied.

There are only three choices:

1. Open speedos we have now.

2. One single brand, single manufacturer spec speedo. Works great on the local level but can you imagine the lawsuits from other manufacturers if ROAR mandates a single speedo? Not to mention the possibility of hacking it.

3. Go back to brushed.

In any form of racing, cheating is reduced and the playing field more "fair" when the rules are more open. You don't see these problems in mod. Sure spec racing can seem more competitive since the difference between the fast guys and the slow ones is less but the gap in terms of what you can do to get faster is far greater. At least now if you are getting out-powered you can go buy the latest speedo or get a Tekin guy to hook you up with the software. What are you going to do if the faster guys are using a custom, cheater chip in their spec speedo that you can't get and can't be teched?

Man, and people wonder why I prefer nitro racing.
What's strange about all this is that a buddy whose brother races electric pylon r/c planes told me about all the custom speedo stuff the Germans in particular had come up with, and how they dominated everyone. This was just as brushless was coming in. I remember people saying that it was untrue that the escs could make that much difference in power.

Nitro, bleh
Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hpisims
I get tired of always hearing some one complain about factory drivers getting the best of everything Lets not forget that they are fantastic drivers who have earned those perks.
Even on a level playing field and I mean everything the same car setup and all, most of us would still be 2 or more laps off pace with the likes of Herbert,Haynes,Blackstock the list goes on they are just that good face the facts you got beat by a better driver simple as that. I don't drive for Tekin but I have one and all I had to do was ask for the upgrade to V200 and Randy sent it to me no problem so anyone can get these upgrades not just factory drivers.
Now can we please get this thread closed enough is enough lets just have fun.

you need to read the thread it is not only about tekin but it about what is happening currently in the esc market and what way the market is going or should be going to keep cost down so more poeple stay racing there is no need to close the thread just becuase people want the have a discussion. like robk said if you dont like it just move on.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yawn
Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think this is the new crc speedo

i wonder if it will be a update able type speedo like tekin or ko
Attached Thumbnails Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?-normal_picta296.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW... interesting subject.....

I doubt that a better software or speedo in general wouldn't offer some advantage in racing but on most tracks I have raced at in my years of RC you always win races in the corners, not on the straight. Alot of winging I have heard over the years about ppl's straight line speed is explained by how much faster they are exiting the corners.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

conner speed is the most important but the software helps to give you the rip out of the conners and the straight away speed at lest that is what i see.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah that's the one I saw that CRC mentioned to me...it's a great looking ESC and I look forward to CRC getting it out on the market.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

do you know if it will have updateable firmware ?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

this is just plain funny!!! again some people are compaining that they got beat by someone who has the newest and greatest xyz component from xyz manuf. i see so lets bash on the new stuff hoping that your comment will prevent the product from moving forward just bcuz you got beat by it. face it people this hobby changes... maybe not as fast as the computer industry but it does happen. what it comes down to is this some people either A) dont have the money to buy xyz product, or B) doesnt want to give up on the 6 year old stuff he is running becuz he resists change, or my personal fav C) doesnt like the company.
yes it has come to this.. he who spends the most money on the newest and fastest stuff will win.... ah but the famed exception to that rule... a drivers skill.
to much ing and not enough of this
Old 09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

who is complain as i see it we are dicussing the new speedos and which way the market is going
Old 09-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelV
Please lock this. And don't bring it up again.
no need to lock it

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Its a discussion, and no body has made insults. No reason to.
+1 I read the whole thread and its a discussion.

Originally Posted by Kenny L
I second that. This thread should be deleted
the thread is fine ( for now )
Old 09-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks Marcos J.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
The idea of banning timed esc's is not practical. Then you really will have rampant cheating and the "hacked" or "modded" speedos some prophesied.

There are only three choices:

1. Open speedos we have now.

2. One single brand, single manufacturer spec speedo. Works great on the local level but can you imagine the lawsuits from other manufacturers if ROAR mandates a single speedo? Not to mention the possibility of hacking it.

3. Go back to brushed.

In any form of racing, cheating is reduced and the playing field more "fair" when the rules are more open. You don't see these problems in mod. Sure spec racing can seem more competitive since the difference between the fast guys and the slow ones is less but the gap in terms of what you can do to get faster is far greater. At least now if you are getting out-powered you can go buy the latest speedo or get a Tekin guy to hook you up with the software. What are you going to do if the faster guys are using a custom, cheater chip in their spec speedo that you can't get and can't be teched?

Man, and people wonder why I prefer nitro racing.
If you make a rule change deeming timing boost speed controls illegal, and you make it effective in say, 2011, you give the companies some time to develop something that can keep up.

In the mean time, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.