R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
Default Need parts for an old RC12

Hello, I have a very old model of an associated RC12. My coworker suspects that it is from the 80's.

The Differential gears in the rear and the rear axle are in bad condition.

Does anyone know where I can get those parts for this car?
asweeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asweeba View Post
Hello, I have a very old model of an associated RC12. My coworker suspects that it is from the 80's.

The Differential gears in the rear and the rear axle are in bad condition.

Does anyone know where I can get those parts for this car?
Can you post pictures of the stuff that you have including the parts you need replacing. Most likely if its from the eighties, the only way to get parts is to buy used parts. The car has been discontinued for more than 20 years. I am an oldtime racer, and I may have some parts so let me know what you need. Someone here may be your best chance.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Try this hobby shop, they have shipping containers FULL of ancient stuff. I recently found a Delta independent front suspension for the car you mentioned, the original RC12L.

Jackson Hobby Shop
2275 W County Line Rd
Jackson,NJ08527

(732) 364-3334
__________________
Why don't we endurance race more often?
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Try this hobby shop, they have shipping containers FULL of ancient stuff. I recently found a Delta independent front suspension for the car you mentioned, the original RC12L.

Jackson Hobby Shop
2275 W County Line Rd
Jackson,NJ08527

(732) 364-3334
Any chance they have an old mono shock front end from associated?

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
Default

ya
racer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
Default

oh word
racer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Drillit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asweeba View Post
Hello, I have a very old model of an associated RC12. My coworker suspects that it is from the 80's.

The Differential gears in the rear and the rear axle are in bad condition.

Does anyone know where I can get those parts for this car?
have you tried the b/s/t section?
__________________
Mark Tilley
Got T-Bar ? ......... Oregons No ZigZag rule sucks
Bias the weight to the end you want to hit the wall with first!
Searchin fer answers in the Fog.......that's what I found
Drillit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
volracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison, Alabama
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default

Differential gears? Every Associated RC12 I have every seen or owned had a ball disferential in it unless someone replaced it with a gear differential. You might contact Associated directly for a new axle or diffferential. The axles for all of the early 12 scales were mostly interchangable up until the designers started centering the motor in the pod.

Early RC12 diff gears sortof floated on the axle, later ones had an uflanged bearing like the TRC axle.

If you do have little gears in your larger diff gear, it is more than likely a a DELTA design. I have not seen thier parts for 12th scale in years. I would replace it with a ball diff axle and gear; much easier to maintian.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer View Post
Differential gears? Every Associated RC12 I have every seen or owned had a ball disferential in it unless someone replaced it with a gear differential. You might contact Associated directly for a new axle or diffferential. The axles for all of the early 12 scales were mostly interchangable up until the designers started centering the motor in the pod.

Early RC12 diff gears sortof floated on the axle, later ones had an uflanged bearing like the TRC axle.

If you do have little gears in your larger diff gear, it is more than likely a a DELTA design. I have not seen thier parts for 12th scale in years. I would replace it with a ball diff axle and gear; much easier to maintian.
Actually the AE RC12E had a solid steel axle with 2 set screw type hubs on it on both ends of it, there was no diff yet.
But I am not sure this has anything to do with what help he needs.
Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno, Homemade, Using a Novak Sentry Data Logger, Continued, The Experimental Thread. John Stranahan Electric On-Road 344 12-30-2016 05:22 PM
Beware of Afroman and Kdeezee P2 Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 107 04-07-2004 09:49 PM


Tags
parts, rc12


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net