Tamiya F103RS

Old 02-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya F103RS

I have about 24 hours to make 2 of these cars fast!!!

Any tips tricks or help is welcome... I must keep the cars within Tamiya rules.

~*šNoteš*~ Motors were broken in by one full 4 cell pack while completely in water
Old 02-23-2002, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

I would suggest coffee or if its legal in your state...crack cocaine.......everybody lighten up....i'm just kidding about the coffee.....LOLOL..........good luck...it shouldnt take too long.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Are you telling me I should stop drinking Esspresso and switch to coffee?....
Okay if it will make the care faster
Old 02-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Put a small drop off Prolong or Duralube on each bushing and a drop on the comm. It WILL make a difference. I don't usually put the motors in water that long. Take some copper polish and a q tip and insert it in the can up against the comm. turn the armature back and forth a couple times and then spray the motor out with simple green, and then apply the lube. Make sure to spray the motors out after every run (VERY IMPORTANT!) I like to run the Hard grease under the friction plate, but most people prefer that softer grease and a soft spring. I run the Hard Tamiya grease, yellow Tamiya spring with 40wt oil and a relatively stiff rear pod setting and for the Tamiya rubber tires it works very well. I usually run the 94/23 spur/pinion. Oh and 1700s are the way to go. You don't need 2400s and the 1700s are lighter!