R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
rob michaels, at superior hobbies/corally, donated the prize. i'll have to check with him to be sure, but i thought he said the offer was good through dec, 2010.

i'd imagine it's a tough choice. on one hand, the waiting itself would be excruciating. on the other, he could pack another 5 or 10 pounds of muscle on by then. choices...

timmay - c'mon. i've cleaned my act up.
If Rob states they're still good, will it still be "bring your own shock oil", or will you have some "on hand"?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #62
Tech Elite

now that is just wrong.

funny, but wrong. everyone knows that shock oil burns like hell....
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #63
Suspended

CHICKY, Is speedworld SJ-R SOREX/JACO tires allowed to be run. I heard they are also sponsoring the event?
Thanks for the reply back.
nitroballer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope they're legal. The Halloween Classic flyer downloaded last week list the SJ-R.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #65
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroballer9 View Post
CHICKY, Is speedworld SJ-R SOREX/JACO tires allowed to be run. I heard they are also sponsoring the event?
Thanks for the reply back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
I hope they're legal. The Halloween Classic flyer downloaded last week list the SJ-R.
Yes!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #66
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

glad I didn't finish any higher at the IIC now I can still run 17.5 tc and beat on Tag. so since I finished 4th at the paved nats last year in stock do I have to run 10.5 12th? that could be interesting

of course that's based on convincing skeen to play hookie from work for one day.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #67
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No VTA racing, that stinks.
mark_stnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
glad I didn't finish any higher at the IIC now I can still run 17.5 tc and beat on Tag. so since I finished 4th at the paved nats last year in stock do I have to run 10.5 12th? that could be interesting

of course that's based on convincing skeen to play hookie from work for one day.
You have to run 10.5 everything then
Old 09-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:

This is the final say on this topic, disregard what has been posted before or is not updated on the rules page.

If you finished in the top 5 the last 5 years at the IIC, Snowbirds, Carpet nats, Indoor champs you have to run the pro class. If you finished 5th in 1/12stock but did not make the main in TC you still run pro in all classes and cannot run 17.5 rubber. The paved nats does not count.

When you send in your entry form and you sign up for the wrong class you will be emailed and moved to the correct class.

Paul
Old 09-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Can you define the rules please..That has to be in a STOCK class correct not Masters.?......

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #71
Tech Master

No, Masters does not count.

And you guys are making it harder than it really is.

Top 5 at a major carpet race in stock, you gotta run pro. Top 5 in SuperStock/13.5, chances are you're not going to be eligible either. Top 5 in Mod...umm, yeah.

The crux of this policy is this: We all can look at a list of drivers and pretty much know who should and shouldn't be running stock. It's been that way for years. There are very few drivers that might be iffy, and the Top 5 rule takes care of that. We had to make some sort of parameter, so we wouldn't constantly have to make "judgement calls" on everyone.

Besides, just barely missing the "cut" to be moved up to Pro isn't necessarily something to be proud of.

Last year I had a choice. I could've run stock but didn't, even though I knew there was a pretty good chance of winning the Slam. I ran the Pro class. Wes Lion did too. I know we're both glad that we did, as we both improved in a big way because of it.

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!

Last edited by ~McSmooth~; 09-20-2009 at 06:30 PM.
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:

Believe me no one wants you in Pro.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #73
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I do!! Im used to driving with him!! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #74
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
We did put an automatic rule update clause into effect also, Durla gets 5th at one of the races we automatically change the rule to 4th
Old 09-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #75
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

EA,
You have a PM.
-Wayne