R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-31-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ovalnator
Default World Class Batteries

A friend of mine told me that someone bought the rights to world class batteries and that they would be moved to the ohio area.....any truth to these rumors?? I am a former team driver for world class, obviously lost sponsorship when Chuck closed shop. If anyone has any info....or know the contact info for the new owners...please let me know...thank you!
ovalnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I heard he closed up, didn't hear anything about him selling the rights to anyone. You would think if he did, the website wouldn't of gone down, nor would they left long time customers in the dark. More than likely, he just sold off the equipment and someone is starting up under a new name.

Later EddieO
Old 02-04-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

World Class Batteries was bought out by Eugene Ryder in Farmers City, Illinois. He's suppose to have a website up, but I couldn't find it. He's currently at the Snowbird Nationals doing a little racing.(& avoiding the coming snow storm here at home)They should be back by Monday night. I'll try to keep u posted later in the week. Keep the hood closed. "Ol' Poop"
Chuck Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ovalnator

www.worldclassbatteries.com

Already heard the news....he posted on www.dirtoval.com (nothing like a dirt oval guy taking over!!)
ovalnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:01 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Sorry I took so long. I've been trying to learn how to race an oval pan car.I finally won a race Tuesday. (B-Main) His sight is up and running now. He's doing batteries and bodies. He also won the A main in 6 cell modified at the Snowbirds Nationals. www.worldclassbatteries.com

Ol' Poop
Keep on chooglin'
Chuck Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:36 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used wouldclass befor and have cells that still outperform most a year l8r!!!

Will this new guy use all of chucks methods or does he have his own???

Will he still offer top packs for those who are willing to wait???
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #7
Tech Regular

chuck was great with batteries

hope this guy can put some out that are the same quality
hyperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:40 PM   #8
Tech Regular

No doubt, after talking with them, they will once again have KILLER packs......Can't wait for mine to come in!!!
Thanks WORLD CLASS!!!
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:38 AM   #9
Tech Champion

cool...

whats this guys

name...
ph no.
time zone (ie +2hrs)

thanx...
Old 03-01-2004, 08:18 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Dragonfire, just drop in at www.worldclassbatteries.com , all that info is there, his name is Eugyne, tell him I sent ya his way!!
Thanks!!
Old 03-02-2004, 03:25 AM   #11
Tech Champion

I am mostly after the time difference... I live in australia. I used to ring chuck anywhere between 12am-8am australian time. I want to know when i can ring this guy for info.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:25 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Central time zone!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

what a name for world class batteries
Chiang Kai Shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:47 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes its true!! I am very happy to say that Chuck and I were very good friends for over 11 years and I am now the proud NEW owner of World Class Batteries.

I took over the business at the first of the year and as all new business owners, it takes a while to get up to speed of someone who has been doing this for 11-12 years. However, I am now shipping batteries almost daily. Right now, the Snowbirds put me a week or so behind but I will soon be caught up.

The website is up and many people here have already posted the address. But one more time can't hurt. www.worldclassbatteries.com

The other questions to be addressed are the ones concerning equipment. Yes I do have all of Chucks equipment from matchers to his tape dispenser. I think anyone who ever knew Chuck knows he was a "world class guy". He never treated me bad ever. So, when it came time to get out, sell or whatever you want to call it, he trusted me enough to carry on the name of World Class. I will make every effort to continue to provide racers and backyard bashers the best quality batteries I can. I believe the way Chuck did things was good for everyone who was ever a repete customer, thats why they came back. Anyway, enough about this, I just want to let everyone know, if you need to reach me, the new number is and will be 309-261-4028. Times to reach me are 7am -9pm central time. Sometimes I may be away from my phone but if you leave a voice message I will try and get back to you in less than one hour.

On a closing note, if you have any further questions about the business I can answer, please feel free to call me. Like I said right now I am approx 1-2 weeks behind, so if you need something for tomorrow, please don't call me yesterday and ask for it.

I will get caught up soon, and thanks to all the past and present customers who make World Class Batteries what it is today. Remember to be respectfull to others and remember to have FUN. Thats what this is all about anyway.

Also, don't forget to go fast and turn left. Or right if thats what you're into.

Thanks again for letting me ramble, (maybe that is why Chuck sold to me), talk to you all soon.

Eugene Ryder
Dirt Oval Forever!!!!!
Mr.Dirt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I usually am to busy to answer many questions on these boards between work and racing I am very busy. So please if you have any questions please e-mail me at [email protected] or call the World Class number listed above for fastest responce.

Thanks again,

Eugene
Mr.Dirt98 is offline   Reply With Quote