Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It seems that they use 2 different types then
57 or 60MM both are good

regards Roy

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
The ones that came in my kit are 2.25" or 57mm..Measured in the parts bag, I never did install the the option !!!! Almost 60mm!!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys. I did not have the car in front of last night when I posted. Got home this morning after work, and measured out 78mm center to centre of the ball ends, less the length of a ball end, came out with 59mm. Looks like is am in the ballpark. Thanks guys for your help.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have a brand NIP Hot Bodies Toyota and a Protoform P35.

These are the holy grail of 235mm bodies.

PM me if your interested in them.
Attached Thumbnails Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-toyota.jpg   Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-proto1.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bigdaddyswank,

Check your PM please...
Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys

I want to rebuild my F104 to be able to race with other 1:10 2WD 200-235mm cars (ok, just now there is not much from original car, but it's still more than 50%).

Just now I managed to catch up with other guys with same driving skills (which uses corally/xray) and my F104 just now, got this modifications:
-Adapter for 50mm wide rear wheels
-200mm wide front from F103

and some little modifications

anyway, my point is, that I need advice about oil dumpers, in next step I want to replace the t-bar in my car with link + 3x oil-dumpers system, like in the red-devils pancar, so I need to pick up some oil-dumpers.

and I also want to create my own front axle (which byitself is possible for me) but I also need to pick some oil-dumpers (I really tend to hate that small springs).

so, I came here, what oil dampers I should use? I am not limited by the car (the holders of the dumpers are not created yet, so...), so which are your favorite one?

I found that 3racing have oil-dumpers with lenght from 50mm up to 120mm, but which is best for 2wd car? the short ones or the longer ones?

thanks for advices

P.S: The reason I modify the f104 instead of buying standard 200/235mm car is that I just enjoy building it and racing with it much more than with car that I "just" buy :-/
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My friend, IMHO it is better buy used pro10 235mm car or used 200mm version, then set it from F104 ...

But I wait for your car, it is nice when build, race, win
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
NDZ
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SquirrelCZE
Hello guys

I want to rebuild my F104 to be able to race with other 1:10 2WD 200-235mm cars (ok, just now there is not much from original car, but it's still more than 50%).

Just now I managed to catch up with other guys with same driving skills (which uses corally/xray) and my F104 just now, got this modifications:

anyway, my point is, that I need advice about oil dumpers, in next step I want to replace the t-bar in my car with link + 3x oil-dumpers system, like in the red-devils pancar, so I need to pick up some oil-dumpers.

and I also want to create my own front axle (which byitself is possible for me) but I also need to pick some oil-dumpers (I really tend to hate that small springs).

so, I came here, what oil dampers I should use? I am not limited by the car (the holders of the dumpers are not created yet, so...), so which are your favorite one?

I found that 3racing have oil-dumpers with lenght from 50mm up to 120mm, but which is best for 2wd car? the short ones or the longer ones?

thanks for advices

P.S: The reason I modify the f104 instead of buying standard 200/235mm car is that I just enjoy building it and racing with it much more than with car that I "just" buy :-/
I would go for the Asso 12R5.1 dampers if you insist on a 3 damper setup. You could also go for the tube and spring setup like is used on pan cars nowadays.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SquirrelCZE
Hello guys

thanks for advices

The 3 racing f113 has a setup exactly as you describe, take a look......
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NDZ
I would go for the Asso 12R5.1 dampers if you insist on a 3 damper setup. You could also go for the tube and spring setup like is used on pan cars nowadays.
Yep, I've got the tube + spring setup on my F104 ver. II ...
but I found it harder to construct ... which is main reason I doesn't like it

and my feeling (it's feeling, so it doesn't have to be true! :-) ) is that three dumpers is better choice for "unlimited" category which I aim to
(in our local race, I race in category where are no limit for a car in terms of power...) than tube + spring, but I can be wrong in this one :-)

about the dampers I've found that it's better to pick some which I can get easily (totally forgot that when I wrote the previous post), so I will stick with what rcmart/local reseller can give me, but thanks for the recommendation.

I've a few last questions

A. why on some cars they extend the length of the "middle" oil damper? (found that on photos from germany races)
B. if I want to choose dampers for the "side" dampers on three-dampers setup, what is better? to pick the longest or the shortest?
C. which type of oil dumper is better? I found that there are many types :-/

so far, I am thinking about buying some set of 4x50mm dampers, where I can get "spare parts" really fast, one pair for front axle, one pair for rear axle (I already got good rear middle damper).

thanks for your opinions :-)

EDIT: I didn't saw the post about 3racing f113, looks pretty nice, thanks! :-)

Last edited by SquirrelCZE; 01-14-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Take a look at www.moosi-masters.de.

In Germany they use F103-F104 Pro10S (200mm) based cars to race with "original" 200 WGT pancars. Just need an axle adaptor to use 1/10 pancar tires at the rear and some changes at the front arms.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

You can see one of these F103 based pro10S at the end of this video:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

wow, looks pretty similar to mine , but just know the "quality" of my car is not at the level when I want to represent it to a world... just little more details and it's ok ;-)

thanks a lot with that forum, I don't know a single word in german language, but google's translator can help :-) thanks a lot
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

I build two CRC Encore shocks to be used as side shocks for my pro10. They are smooth but had to rebuild them as the rebound wasn't the same. I am used to damper tubes so I can only gues at this point but it will probably be harder to do setup changes at the track seeing how long it took me to build the encore shocks equal. (the EA shocks have no rebound but they are blue and I needed red shocks). With damper tubes and seperate springs it is a lot easier to change setup.

Damper tubes and springs are still used in pro10 modified. They work and they are easy.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM
NDZ
Tech Apprentice

This was my setup last year with asso-dampers on a Pro10 car.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default ?

looking into building up a 235mm car and have been doing some research and kind of stuck on deciding between a corally 10sl , serpent 100 w/ there kit or a crc . does anybody know of anybody out there doing associated car conversions to 235mm as the 10r5's can be found pretty cheap and i have lots of ae pan car parts around for my 12th scale. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.