Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Differences?

Well, it's a 2wd car with a direct drive system so...

- It has a higher speed (with the same motor).
- It runs foam tires.
- It's wider and therefore more stable on the straights and corners.
- It will turn a little less easy than a TC but with the right tire combo just as sharp.
- Less parts in the driveline.
- Once familiar with it easier to set-up.

But basicly... Let's face it... You just made THE right and best choice you could make. You have a PANCAR now.

Nothing else mathers!!!

Welcome my friend! Pancars 4 life!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by samshirley00
Should be getting my first ever non touring car soon, and after a little bit of research, because the seller forgot the model of the car, i find it to be a carbon Team Associated RC10L. It comes with a steering servo, but i had a spare 27mhz complete system, and a brushed 15 turn, all working, but spare from my TA-06. Already purchased the P905B shell, but i have no idea when its going to arrive. Got some 5700mah 25c saddle lipo's all ready for it, and can't wait to give it a try.

What differences will i get from my touring car do you think?
You will need to forget a lot you have learnt about driving Touring Cars, and at first you will probably keep missing the corners.
A good trick is to (if you can) back off the end point on the brake side on your handset, as braking hard with these is bad news, but once mastered the cars are more enjoyable and rewarding to drive than a TC.

Pan cars died at my (was) local as they prefered the "Slam Brakes" technique of TC's for corners so was unable to keep up with the "DRIVERS" who could master pan cars. I tried to go back to TC (so I can race) but found costs way too high and driving dirty, so at present I have retired from racing until I can find a local that races Pan Car of F1 (dont really want to go indoors).
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Joost - You sound a little biased, but i have always been interested in pan cars after a youtube session, seeing how quickly they change direction and stuff. The main issue is, i only know one other person with a pan car who raced it, out of the 50 people that i regularly go racing with, and his is a 200mm one. I mainly got this by accident because i put a single bid for it, and 3 days later, i won it. The guy selling it didn't post the scale of it, and i thought it was 12th scale, because a few people at the club have them, after a quick discussion

I have been getting progressively better with my touring car, taking the racing line when possible, and doing very well, apart from all the bits falling of my car, and the electronics going to crap, but that's sorted now. They do seem a heck of a lot simpler to set up than touring.

The main reason I got into touring, is because pan cars are nearly unheard of by the majority of the RC population. Its not very popular in the area i live in the UK, and only the people who have been racing for over 10yrs have really heard of them, but everyone wants to see it around the local track once it arrives. The only downside is the shell is from america, and i have no idea when it will arrive, it doesn't look very professional rocking up with no shell at all
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

@samshirley00...Why not buy the shells in europe?
It will be quicker there

regards Roy
Old 01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Biased? Offcoarse I am... There is nothing more beautyful and exiting than a field full of Pro10 pancars on the starting grid and racing to the finish-tone...
Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
@samshirley00...Why not buy the shells in europe?
It will be quicker there

regards Roy
Already paid for it....

but yeah, when that car arrives, i'll make sure to post lots of pictures of it....
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Come visit us here in Holland and or Germany.
That is the place to run the 235MM cars

regards Roy
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Well, its arrived, the only downside is the spur is huge, and i can't fit my motor with a pinion on it currently, anyone know a UK based site where i can get a cheap replacement?

i think its 96t
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i'm deciding between RC10R5 and Serpent S100 to replace my RC10L2. i need advice. which is better in terms of out the box performance and tunability. thanks!!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

If you want to run 200mm then either is good. The RC10R5 needs a little work to fit a 2s lipo. The serpent can accomodate a 2s lipo without modification. If you want to go the 1s route then either is good.

If you want to keep running 235mm then just run the L2. Put some dampertubes or side shocks on if you haven't already and it is as good as anything out there.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

right, may have fixed the spur problem, but now i realize its too loose, and i have no real idea how to fix it
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

To loose??
What is to loose??

regards Roy
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

not tight, my spelling is terrible. I tried it on the road quickly, and when i went full throttle, the spur gear span, and the car didn't accelerate much.....

I looked at the manual, but it wasn't very clear on what to do.....
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

first strip the differential apart if you haven't already and build it up the way the manual describes. Then you will know how you build a pancar differential and how to adjust it and you also know if the previous owner build it correctly.

Personaly i always do a complete rebuild of the whole car when I bought a car second hand.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

i would, but i don't have the correct size hex driver bit, 2mm seems a tiny bit too small, and 2.5 is too big D:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.