Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion >

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Like Tree883Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Old 02-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Indeed, but if you have asked, I would had give you the width and the offset you need for an IRS axle. I've done the same for my prototype :-)
Old 02-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I had previously designed and made a wide pod for my Gen-X10 and have had a few people ask me to make more but that was a while back. Can I get a show of hands of who would like to buy a wide pod conversion? This will include the 3 carbon plates necessary to complete the IRS axle upgrade. I will need to know which bulkheads you intend to use as well. I think the lower hole spacing is different on the slider vs the original CRC bulkheads. I have both and will verify.
THEBIGBULL and ptrhahn like this.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'd be interested... I'm in the process of drawing up a new design (takes a while, when you don't have CAD), and have a question for you guys: One noted absence on modern cars is nerf wings. To me, these are essential for a club level driver, as all it takes is one slight wack on the boards to break a graphite/carbon axle, or certainly to bend a hollow AL or Ti axle. How did they go the way of the dodo?

P
dman18t likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ptrhahn View Post
I'd be interested... I'm in the process of drawing up a new design (takes a while, when you don't have CAD), and have a question for you guys: One noted absence on modern cars is nerf wings. To me, these are essential for a club level driver, as all it takes is one slight wack on the boards to break a graphite/carbon axle, or certainly to bend a hollow AL or Ti axle. How did they go the way of the dodo?

P
Agreed, I like to incorporate nerf plates on some of my designs.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Adding nerf wings is just another way to destroy your chassis. If you crash bad you, the wing can destroy the main deck where it is fixed. It is just the same as the small "bumber" around the motor on touring cars..
TOADYY likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

I didn’t use nerf wings as the links get in the away. They were much easier to install on T plate cars.

I do cad design by the hour, pm me for details if you need help with a design.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yup, you need to make sure the nerf breaks before the chassis, or is made of something like Kydex or ABS, so it has some flex.

I can now see why they were eliminated... when I originally did the link set up with Dubro clamp ends with 1/4" balls, there was enough height that you got enough pod rotation before the links contacted the chassis plate underneath. With today's low roll center balls/links, it's tougher, though. This is exacerbated by placing them really wide in order to go around a transverse shorty lipo. I've found that CRC short links and low-pro balls have enough clearance in a narrow link, inline battery config, which is all I plan to run.

The V-link center pivot eliminates this need, because you don't need to get the ball so low, the geometry takes care of that. However, I do have a design Idea that will eliminate the issue even on a regular pivot car, and allow a nerf wing.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

nerf bars always were a destroyer of rear tires. You break one, the rear piece flips around and puts an AWESOME groove in the rear tire. Now it's a SNOW foam . . . LOL
THEBIGBULL likes this.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Honestly, I also wouldn't know how to fix them lol