Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just walked in the door from the race. Shane it was nice to meet you, hope you enjoyed your time down here in Florida. Mike and his crew do a great job, and in my opinion are the best in the Biz...

The atmosphere and racing really takes a toll on peoples health. I was up at all hours to practice, but man it is worth it, I will be back again next year.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Oval is thru? was ernie provetti at the race at all?
Old 02-08-2004, 03:40 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I think it might be better to do one round of qualifying each day on Thursday/Friday/Saturday with a resort after each. Either that or sort the original qualifying heats by times from the club races, or by practice times. Getting dropped into a lower heat can really hurt your chances of turning in a decent run because of the widely varying skill levels. It's equally unfair to the novice-type guys to have to pull over every other lap as it is to the fast guys who get nailed. Neither group ends up having much fun.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah that sounds good. Either way something needs to be done. You cant start on Friday. Too big of a race.

what main are they on Fut
Old 02-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Regional Moderator

shane the coverage has gotten better with each race. This was the next best thing to a live webcast. I know i have watching the thread pretty much constantly all weekend.

Thank you for your efforts.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Huge thanks to futureal and rc-tech

I just wanted to say thanks to futureal and rc-tech. I didn't even know of this site untill superbowl sunday when Dave P. of First Coast Carpet Racing in Jacksonville FL told me about it. This site ROCKS. I am just an every other weekend club racer who was pretty intimidated by the thought of attending an event like this. Turns out my apprehension was well founded these guys would have eaten me alive. But at least with this coverage I can get a better feel for the event and I know it's not as good as being there but it's better than waiting two months for a magazine article. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

shane, you really did a hell of a good job but you need help so you can rest and race. thanks for all the up dates i loved them !!BARBB13 GO PARTY AT RACE ROCK TONITE!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up DA BIRDS

Couple questions, first what main are they on in Oval?

Also, I got all jacked up here at home reading about the Birds that I went outside just now to run my Bolink. When I noticed a problem that is quite baffling actually. My car is going in reverse. I checked everything over. The polarity, all the electronics, the controller settings. Nothing! I didnt take apart my motor either. I still didnt try flipping the pinion around yet, gotta do that. Thats probably the problem. In the mean time I just duct tape the body on the other way so it looks like its going forward, that works for the time being. But what else can it be? Damn its frustrating...... Oh well I better go clean the pebbles out of my car now, we just put more pebbles down in the driveway. Chunks my tires alittle. But its fun. i got the damn bug from all you guys talkin about racing.

Hey guys, question concerning the birds, you guys dont cut your tires down do you?? Cause I usually only could afford 2 sets for a big race. Im going to look on ebay for deals and save them for the Birds. I mostly look for yellows cause they just plant your car on the track. Its a hot setup for me. I really shouldnt be telling you my secrets, just kiddin I dont care. You still gotta drive the car

What tape do you guys use to strap your batteries in to your car? I usually just use electrical tape but I have a feeling for the SnowBirds I better step it up alittle or you do ya think electrical tape fine?? Hey guys thanks in advance again for all your help concerning my questions. Also the coverage is top notch. I dont know how you guys do this and race at the same time. Amazing. Thanks again.

Last edited by TODD GACK; 02-08-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got back from the Birds myself... all in all it was a great event! Where the track lacked technical challenge, the high traction and degrading surface was hard to tune for, and be fast on. Im already making plans for next year!!

- Dave
Old 02-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Todd Gack - Hey, very interested in the Lynx Pro 2.... What all are you willing to throw in this trade? Cuz its not just a stock 10L. Here's what I got:

Associated Electrics (AE) wide RC10L kit
Cheetah Racing molded Wide Oval molded chassis (very rigid)
Old school AE front end (keepin it real) -- w/ camber and caster shims, I think by Buds Racing Products.
Also, wide Lynx front end
Top pod plate has super slick teflon tape (Buds as well)
True Turn titanium axle -- rock solid
True Turn hubs left & right (stock hubs as well)
AE Hard annodized shock - BUT I had the external anno'd gold to keep the AE prestige. It looks killer!
Tires: Blue/Orange fronts (1 pair)
Orange rears (1 pair) (grooved - for traction, cuz they're hard, BUT they never wear cuz they're hard
Yellow/greens rear (1 pair)

Lemme know if youre interested.

Congrats to Ralph Burch!! I remember when you were Hyperdrive's Team Manager. Rock on!!
Old 02-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Drilled Piston - Man, thats a very tempting offer. I really like the fact that you do have yellows to give up with that trade. The orange tires i might not like...I like to run real soft tires only....but Man, do you have a way I can contact you. send me a Private message with your info. I really like to get those tires. Do you have Dean connectors you can throw in. Or I'll even take Race Prep connectors if you have any. Thats another unfair adavantage if you can find them. Oops theres me giving secrets away again..LOL damn! I never learn. Well anyway get ahold of me. Sounds great.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:55 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Hmm, this isn't a for sale/trade thread, guys.

I found Tony Stewart in the pits... I got a bunch of new pics of the Custom Works car. They have no name for it, just "the Custom Works car" as he told me. The decision to make an oval car was made about a month ago and the development cycle went from then until now, the prototypes were made just before the race. No word on a street date or other details, they do have three of the cars in the show and a couple more in the B.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Are the oval mains done yet, if so do you have results?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey when are the pics going up?? thanks
Old 02-08-2004, 05:01 PM
R/C Tech Founder

No, the mains are not done. On race #24 out of 40 for oval. Something or another C Main going on right now.

The pics will hopefully go up sometime tonight, Tuesday at the latest. It is time consuming and I am so beat. I also have about 600 pics to sort through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.