R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2004, 07:21 PM   #286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by speedshop
The oval results seem a mess. But your doing a good job with the on road! How about getting you some help from a oval racer on your oval coverage? Just an ideal.
Have you tried opening it in wordpad or word? Looks great. Oval guys seem very antsy here.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:34 PM   #287
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Well I gotta say I'm surprized at a few drivers' results, a few people I'd expect to be closer to the back are way up front, and a couple people that are usually up front are back in the pack a little ways.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:07 PM   #288
Tech Addict

A few new pics will quench our appetite

(week is almost over........)
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:09 PM   #289
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Racin Rev
somebody ask Matt Francis if he owns a coat. he seems to only run in ca and fl during the winter and tx and maybe one or two other places in the summer. He misses so many wonderful races in the north and midwest. I was wondering if he didn't have a coat, or maybe he and kinwald flipped a coin (for 5 years) and kinwald lost.
I think Matt F only has .00000001 percent body fat to keep him warm...The guy is fit. But, several of us drivers at Stockton got to see him tough it out outside the track on a cold Saturday morning before the track opened. And it didn't slow him down one bit! Actually, we don't want him taking his show outside of California to go to the North or Midwest...he, he...Sorry about that!!!

But, I used to race with the likes of Rick Mears...And miss that show too! Hmmmm...Maybe Matt should 'graduate' to real race cars so he can continue with the 'show'....Not laughing!!!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:13 PM   #290
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Danny had some problem with his visa or something, so he won't be coming to the US until he can get it fixed.

And burbs......not sure how long you have been racing, but non-oval guys have been calling oval racers circle jerks forever....just like the oval guys tell us offroaders to go play in our sandbox......not sure if sedans have got a nickname yet, maybe some day.

Get a sense of humor.........it was nothing more than a joke, one you obiviously didn't get.

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #291
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark #10
Lightbulb

EddieO

I guess the reason that "SEDAN" Racers dont have a knickname, is that Us oval racers, are a little more MATURE and have better things to do then come up with stupid names for a different form of R/C racers!

"circle jerks" ......get a life!
Mark #10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally posted by nashrcracer
you find your cell pm me his # I'll call him. he beat me in cleveland with help from Mo and then we go back to his home track (with no help from Mo) (Skip Starkey and Steve Lafara are the local hot drivers) which is 200 miles from me and eli happen to come over to race their club race along with cochran and I bumped Drew out of the "A" with my 3rd qualifer run after Eli had fun with him in his 3rd qualifer. So I just need someone to reach out and give him a hard time! the funny thing is I broke 3 laps into the main
oh ok i thought maybe you heard of some bad luck this week he ran into or somthing...yeah skips track is nice but not really local for me or drew its like 2 hours from us..he wont come race with us at our REAL local track anymore... , but we still talk to him and hes still kool with us...
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:44 PM   #293
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

actualy lol here locally they call sedan guys mouth breathers.... not a rip i guess but thats what they call em
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:56 PM   #294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, after 15 years of racing........I've never once heard of an oval racer take the "circle jerk" name calling personally. Its all in good fun, I guess something a fcouple of you lack. I am not a sedan racer anyways....I am a offroader stuck playing on carpet because of a lack on local indoor offroad tracks in our rainy state.

And I didn't come up with the name(I was oh, 13 at the time and had NO clue what a circle jerk was).....like I said, it was the names shouted across the pits between the oval track and offroad track at the same place.....was always followed by laughing and good ole fashion fun.......try it sometime, you might like it.

Drag racers and Road Course racers often call oval guys the samething, I've heard them say it at swap meets, car shows, and big racing events at Bakersfield and SIR in Seattle. So I doubt RC cars guys even came up with it.

Hopefully you never play in a competive softball league, you wouldn't last a minute.

And as for a life.....well, think whatever you want....this is just a fun hobby....one where I go play with my friends and we like giving each other a hard time, but again.....all in good fun.

Some people just lack a sense of humor....maybe I should of put more after my comment, one wasn't enough I guess.

Back on topic....great coverage shane. I am gonna snap some more pics of kinwalds cars hidden mods up close.

Hopefully I can actually run a heat tomorrow, as I had radio problems.

What the heck is a mouth breather? Could be funny.....

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #295
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

ive been racing 17 years and have never heard the term circle jerk to describe an oval racer.. i dint tak offence to it i just thought it a bit rude...im over it no biggie.. i also have a sence of humor ... oval racers and offroad racers breath through there nose... if u watch a sedan race all of the guys seem to have there mouths open in a gasping for air kind look....
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:13 PM   #296
Tech Rookie

Who cares what we call each other! I happen to be a circle jerk who also owns a puzzle car....... Of course its a beautiful FT TC3, and I will admit, its a shelf Queen..... LoL

Anyway, Futureal: thanks again, I appreciate what you can give us about oval/road course when you get a chance. Thanks a ton man!
Jake
rowle1jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #297
R/C Tech Founder

The oval qualifying is nearing the end for the day. Probably about 90 minutes left. I will have results from this posted as soon as it is over.

Oh, and let's please, please not have this turn into an oval versus on-road fight -- even though every one of our Snowbirds threads for the past 3 years have!

Some guys like oval, some guys like road course, some guys like dirt, asphault, big cars, little cars, girls in thongs, guys in thongs, whatever! Who cares?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:03 AM   #298
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
............... girls in thongs, guys in thongs, whatever! Who cares?
LOL LOL
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:21 AM   #299
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

i pick girls. thongs if they must, preferably without
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #300
R/C Tech Founder

I have updated the web site itself with as much information as I have so far, and got it ready for some more pictures here soon. Those of you having trouble with the oval results should check there. I am going to have to remove the lap times to save on my bandwidth costs (let's see some donations! haha) but the results themselves are there.

Oval Round 2 is on #48 out of 51. I will post results sometime between 5 AM and 6 AM ET. My car was busted up and I wanted to take it out to try and run a bit of practice so I can actually finish a stock qualifier!

Oh yea, here's the link of course: http://www.rctech.net/events/snowbirds2004/index.shtml