R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Posts: 119
Default What 13.5t to go with new Tekin RS Pro ?

Hi all,

My failing SP LPF speedy finally got the better of my 13.5 motor last night and fried it

Anyway, I have a new Tekin RS Pro to fit, and so need to buy a new 13.5 motor to go with it.

I am liking the look of the GM grey can motors, but would a Tekin be better ?

What 13.5 motors do you guys use with your Tekin ESCs ?
I usually only run indoors on carpet on a small tight track (rubber Photon), but have entered the UK Carpet Wars series in the winter which is a big carpet track.


Cheers,
Daniel.
__________________
.-= T.O.P. Photon =-.

Titanium Racing (Team TR Driver) / Tekin RS Pro / Novak Ballistic 13.5t / Spektrum

www.titaniumracing.com
amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
Hi all,

My failing SP LPF speedy finally got the better of my 13.5 motor last night and fried it

Anyway, I have a new Tekin RS Pro to fit, and so need to buy a new 13.5 motor to go with it.

I am liking the look of the GM grey can motors, but would a Tekin be better ?

What 13.5 motors do you guys use with your Tekin ESCs ?
I usually only run indoors on carpet on a small tight track (rubber Photon), but have entered the UK Carpet Wars series in the winter which is a big carpet track.


Cheers,
Daniel.
The redlines are great motors, but I prefer the Trinity Duo (or the new duo2).
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

the duo2 is already being nicknamed the 'DUOver'

if u cant score a duo, a tekin or SP. but then again, u can look at the new novak ballistics where u can change stators out for different winds, or if u smoke it (somehow) then 29bux, swap the stator out and ur back in the game.

neat stuff, and all winds work. i have 1 can and 2 winds. 17.5 for the 008 and a 8.5 for the b4.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
Hi all,

My failing SP LPF speedy finally got the better of my 13.5 motor last night and fried it

Anyway, I have a new Tekin RS Pro to fit, and so need to buy a new 13.5 motor to go with it.

I am liking the look of the GM grey can motors, but would a Tekin be better ?

What 13.5 motors do you guys use with your Tekin ESCs ?
I usually only run indoors on carpet on a small tight track (rubber Photon), but have entered the UK Carpet Wars series in the winter which is a big carpet track.


Cheers,
Daniel.

Can't go wrong matching the motor with the speedo.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

i'd like some input on this also. i run a 13.5 orion vortex and want something with a little more "ummph"
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
the duo2 is already being nicknamed the 'DUOver'

if u cant score a duo, a tekin or SP. but then again, u can look at the new novak ballistics where u can change stators out for different winds, or if u smoke it (somehow) then 29bux, swap the stator out and ur back in the game.

neat stuff, and all winds work. i have 1 can and 2 winds. 17.5 for the 008 and a 8.5 for the b4.

R

Only $29 for a replacement stator They're 33GBP ~$54 here
Infact your motors in $$ are the same in here in the UK.

It sucks here...


The Ballistics do look good though - I can choose between 13.5 and 10.5 then

Daniel.
__________________
.-= T.O.P. Photon =-.

Titanium Racing (Team TR Driver) / Tekin RS Pro / Novak Ballistic 13.5t / Spektrum

www.titaniumracing.com
amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

THe GM motor with the Tekin RS Pro is slow.
Take the Duo 2 or the Tekin motor.
Both a much faster than the GM motors.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
Only $29 for a replacement stator They're 33GBP ~$54 here
Infact your motors in $$ are the same in here in the UK.

It sucks here...


The Ballistics do look good though - I can choose between 13.5 and 10.5 then

Daniel.
I feel your pain also
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

DUO/DUO2 if you want the fastest.

Novak Ballistic if you want the best design/value (and they're also fast).

The others are just pretenders.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
THe GM motor with the Tekin RS Pro is slow.
Take the Duo 2 or the Tekin motor.
Both a much faster than the GM motors.
Cheers - that's what I was after... The rpm/v does seem very low on the GM.

I wonder how many RS Pro owners also use the Tekin motors ?
__________________
.-= T.O.P. Photon =-.

Titanium Racing (Team TR Driver) / Tekin RS Pro / Novak Ballistic 13.5t / Spektrum

www.titaniumracing.com
amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

The Gm pro goes balistic with the gm genius120 but sucks when used with the tekin rs. I used the gm pro as well and it just doesn't work. I have a tekin redline 10.5t now ( used one race wekend) and is much faster then the gm pro when geared propperly, lower then the gm ( smaller pinion). Just don't take the motor above 178-180 degrees F otherwise the performance will go down very quick. Much quicker then with the other motors.


edit:
Anyone have experience with the express motorsport duo's?

Last edited by 2wdrive; 09-06-2009 at 02:51 PM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
Tamiya DF-03 type tom_chang79 Electric Off-Road 1048 01-17-2016 10:06 PM
Mushroombowl Speedway - Kennett Square, PA A. Rhodes Racing Forum 1309 11-01-2010 03:50 PM
Someone convince me... Tekin or LRP amnesia Electric On-Road 33 08-25-2009 05:01 AM
LRP Sphere TC Spec, is it still worth getting ? Tpg racer Electric On-Road 37 03-26-2009 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net