R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Have it your way


Awesome... is there one for an 009?
That is one big advancement made with this design. In the past tweak plates were model specific. So when you sold the TC you sold the plate. This design took alot of research time to come up with universal mounting, so it not only works for the 009 but also TC5, 007, 008, Schumacher Mi3, Mi4, Photon, Tamiya 415, Corrally Phi, Cyclone. The ones I haven't listed just haven't been tested yet...but will soon.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
That is one big advancement made with this design. In the past tweak plates were model specific. So when you sold the TC you sold the plate. This design took alot of research time to come up with universal mounting, so it not only works for the 009 but also TC5, 007, 008, Schumacher Mi3, Mi4, Photon, Tamiya 415, Corrally Phi, Cyclone. The ones I haven't listed just haven't been tested yet...but will soon.
Exactly why I just purchased one. Thanks for designing something much needed Kevin. I was torn as I want the model specific, but being that I would like to switch chassis for boredom's sake in the future, this makes much more sense, as well as being able to help others at the track.
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Exactly why I just purchased one. Thanks for designing something much needed Kevin. I was torn as I want the model specific, but being that I would like to switch chassis for boredom's sake in the future, this makes much more sense, as well as being able to help others at the track.
Excellent and your welcome. If you liked the last design...you'll like this even better.

In responce to those asking about a cover, (we've had several questions about plate protection and a non skid working surface). The obvious answer is 2 clamps to hold for some rough hand wrenching, or...now we've found an excellent material as a top cover. Industrial grade thin rubber matting that sticks well to top for using as a stand, when using as a tweak plate just peel it off.

Website has been updated and these can be seen there.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #19
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Excellent and your welcome. If you liked the last design...you'll like this even better.

In responce to those asking about a cover, (we've had several questions about plate protection and a non skid working surface). The obvious answer is 2 clamps to hold for some rough hand wrenching, or...now we've found an excellent material as a top cover. Industrial grade thin rubber matting that sticks well to top for using as a stand, when using as a tweak plate just peel it off.

Website has been updated and these can be seen there.
Awesome work! I was the one who inquired about the non skid surface but never saw the answer prior to the thread being removed. Will place an order soon.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
RMKinWI's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mount Horeb, WI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Got mine today - Good craftmanship and well built, Fast shipping to.
__________________
Matthew Lust
-------------------------------------
www.WisconsinSurplus.com
RMKinWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Awesome work! I was the one who inquired about the non skid surface but never saw the answer prior to the thread being removed. Will place an order soon.
I was talking to a friend that had read your post on the 3M coating. I thought you meant the top, he thought you meant the bottom.

My answer was I would strongly advise not to use even a light undercoating on the top. You will loose your flatness, and its a real pain to get off. Now on the bottom...may be OK to try.

I had been looking into different materials for a while for top cover. We prob. looked at a dozen materials, and even purchased 3 before deciding on this matting. Far superior to anything else we looked at including tool box drawer liner.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Yeah I was asking about the top. Had the same concern about flatness.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

We have decided to re imburst shipping charges to those that ordered a workstation and want the cover. By all rights those should have been ready when the workstations were. Nobody should get penalized for ordering early.
These will still be shipped priority as well.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

Kevin, your level of customer service is much needed in this world

Thanks. BTW Kevin, still thinking about Lipo plates for the Mi4? If not no worries, Ill just purchase another lipo bottom plate that you currently make, cut the chassis, and figure out a way to secure the plate. Maybe I can make a tack weld and dremel it down to fill the space? Never tried to weld to stainless before....
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Kevin, your level of customer service is much needed in this world

Thanks. BTW Kevin, still thinking about Lipo plates for the Mi4? If not no worries, Ill just purchase another lipo bottom plate that you currently make, cut the chassis, and figure out a way to secure the plate. Maybe I can make a tack weld and dremel it down to fill the space? Never tried to weld to stainless before....
The Mi4 lipo plate is somewhat in limbo at the moment. I have a new design universal lipo "tray" rather then plate that will allow more adjustability and accommodate a wider range of chassis slots "on paper" at the moment. Shop schedule is somewhat loaded for a while longer with non RC related jobs, so I dont expect much within the next 30 days (slight chance sooner..cant promise yet though).

Trying to keep the big picture in mind, Mi4 is fairly new so it becomes a numbers game carrying a seperate product for an early release RC. The universal will be better also.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Found a nice little write up on RedRC about the PitBoss today!
Second time we've made RedRC now.

http://www.redrc.net/2009/09/ppd-pit-boss-car-stand-tool-holder/
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #27
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Kevin, your level of customer service is much needed in this world

Thanks. BTW Kevin, still thinking about Lipo plates for the Mi4? If not no worries, Ill just purchase another lipo bottom plate that you currently make, cut the chassis, and figure out a way to secure the plate. Maybe I can make a tack weld and dremel it down to fill the space? Never tried to weld to stainless before....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
The Mi4 lipo plate is somewhat in limbo at the moment. I have a new design universal lipo "tray" rather then plate that will allow more adjustability and accommodate a wider range of chassis slots "on paper" at the moment. Shop schedule is somewhat loaded for a while longer with non RC related jobs, so I dont expect much within the next 30 days (slight chance sooner..cant promise yet though).

Trying to keep the big picture in mind, Mi4 is fairly new so it becomes a numbers game carrying a seperate product for an early release RC. The universal will be better also.
As a "just in case" backup plan I dremeled the center out of battery locater part of the plate, fits the Mi4 just fine now.
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

I am going to do the same. After thinking, I'll dremel it just right so the rear of the PPD plate locks in. I'll look into it once the Mi4 arrives. Then off to de-purple my car.
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Tips on painting risers.

The plasic risers can be painted, but its tough to get paint to stick without using some caution.

First scuff the portion you plan to paint with fine scotch brite pad to remove gloss finish.

Clean well and let completely dry.

Use a good quality plastic paint like Rustolium plastic paint, possibly the Krylon Fusion paint works also but haven't tried.

Let cure 24hrs or more....then.

Finish with a good clear coat to seal and lock on paint. Recommend the Rustolium Crystal Clear Enamel (works well on bodies over faskolor as well).

This will give a nice little custom finishing touch if you want to add or match some color to your color scheme.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #30
Tech Master
 
RMKinWI's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mount Horeb, WI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Pit Boss for sale Here. Great product, Just getting out of Onroad.
__________________
Matthew Lust
-------------------------------------
www.WisconsinSurplus.com
RMKinWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Set-up Stations GWH74 Electric On-Road 20 08-21-2009 08:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net