R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Has anyone laid eyes on the complete long arm setup. I ordered the arms and the brace, but don't know what parts I'll still need.
long titanium pivot balls
Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #92
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheROK1212 View Post
long titanium pivot balls
with the long arms there is no need for the long titanium pivot balls, just the kit supplied ones
Old 10-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #93
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs6ef View Post
with the long arms there is no need for the long titanium pivot balls, just the kit supplied ones
I'll have the whole shooting match Tuesday. I didn't take into account the brushless pod conversion as mine predated the pod. I'll post some pics for giggles when its put back together with and without electronics.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #94
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My local hobby shop tried to order a Xl yesterday but the car is out of stock. Any estimates on when the kits will be back in stock? Thanks a lot
Old 10-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
My local hobby shop tried to order a Xl yesterday but the car is out of stock. Any estimates on when the kits will be back in stock? Thanks a lot
They haven't been released for general distribution as far as I know. You can only get them backorder.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #96
Tech Addict

Quote:
They haven't been released for general distribution as far as I know. You can only get them backorder.
Oh I see, thank you for the info.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #97
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've one backordered for a couple weeks at www.ashfordhobby.com and I just recieved an email saying the end of this week is probably a good bet to filling those that backordered. Can't wait! Car, not the weather associated with indoor racing.
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #98
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
I've one backordered for a couple weeks at www.ashfordhobby.com and I just recieved an email saying the end of this week is probably a good bet to filling those that backordered. Can't wait! Car, not the weather associated with indoor racing.
Oh nice! I'm giving my local shop one more try, if nothing comes of it I'll look into getting one from the link you posted, thanks. I'm excited about the car too, have foams and a body waiting for it
Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Gang,

Just a couple updates regarding the new Gen-XL car....

The winning setups from Brian Wynn and Hupo Honigl's Gen-XL cars are on the CRC site now. Look for Pete D'Agnolo, Frank Calandra and Brian Wynn's Gen-X 10 setup on the site very soon.

Gen-XL kits....

We have been shipping backordered car kits since Tuesday. We hope to have them all shipped out by Friday.

We are sorry to report that our entire first run is sold out. If you have a car on order with us and you ordered before 10-1, you should be getting your car. Check the website to update your order status.

If you have not secured a car kit, check with your hobby dealer as Horizon and ERI distributors will be receiving their stock as well. Also, check with A-main, Stormer and Ashford Hobby as they will get some of their orders as well.

The next production run is scheduled to ship around 10-20....

Thanks for making the new gen-XL a big hit already.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Good to hear Frank!!

Put my first run on my conversion on Sunday, and all I can say is wow!! The new shock and one-piece links are KILLER. They really shore up any of the slop the old one-piecers had and seem to make the car even more precise. And as for durability, I had an incident with a lapper that sent my car bottom pod-plate first into the wall, after inspection there was ZERO damage. All in all, I'm very impressed with the new ride.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
The winning setups from Brian Wynn and Hupo Honigl's Gen-XL cars are on the CRC site now. Look for Pete D'Agnolo, Frank Calandra and Brian Wynn's Gen-X 10 setup on the site very soon.
Got Brian Wynn's setup printed out off the CRC site. But, he didn't mark down if he was using long or short on the dual arm. Long, I'm guessing, but it would be nice to know for sure. Thanks.

Can't wait to get my XL.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #102
Tech Champion

Pictures of a converted car as promised. It still needs the brace and long arms put on it along with the brass lower arm pivots. But so far it looks decent. I did opt for a low servo mount.

No electronics yet, but they're here on the shelf.

Thanks for the help in ordering John!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Pictures of a converted car as promised. It still needs the brace and long arms put on it along with the brass lower arm pivots. But so far it looks decent. I did opt for a low servo mount.

No electronics yet, but they're here on the shelf.

Thanks for the help in ordering John!
You're gonna love it....
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You should probably mount those steering links to a lower hole on the servo saver, and add some shims under the outside pivot. Basically just make the links flatter overall. Otherwise you'll get some wild bump steer characteristics.

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #105
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
Got Brian Wynn's setup printed out off the CRC site. But, he didn't mark down if he was using long or short on the dual arm. Long, I'm guessing, but it would be nice to know for sure. Thanks.

Can't wait to get my XL.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Brian's car is on the right.

http://teamcrc.com/crc/images/storie...C/17.5_1-2.jpg
R/C Rich is offline   Reply With Quote