Originally Posted by al dente View Post
to bad you never got past stage 3:

HOW TO TIGHTEN YOUR MOTOR SCREWS
Thanks again Mario
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #782
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just remember kids....

MOTOR SCREWS ARE METRIC!!!!! USE A 2.5MM WRENCH TO TIGHTEN YOUR MOTOR!!!! 3/32" IS NOT METRIC!!!! IF I SEE ANYONE USING A 3/32" WRENCH TO TIGHTEN THEIR MOTOR I WILL TAKE IT AWAY AND TIGHTEN SOMETHING ON YOU THAT IS NOT METRIC EITHER!!

This little snapshot of Dumper's Boot Camp is just a friendly little reminder from your Team CRC representitive.

Have a great day.

Love,

dumper

(Brian Wynn)
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Hey guys got a few Q's.

I usually run my car with a floppy pod (side springs wound all the way up, not touching pod) and it has generally worked well for me. I have been running whites with 20k damper oil on medium grip asphalt tracks). My car works well but i find it a bit inconsistant to drive sometimes. When i drive the car hard i do get the rear to slide a bit, and then during a run it will slide on quick direction changes, but it will do it inconsistantly. Sometimes the car will "wiggle" also when coming onto a straight and I apply full throttle.

Im thinking the springs off the pod is causing this so i want to try and run them on it again. But everytime i try to the car dosent seem to work. Were the trouble is, is when the car is coming out of a corner the car will just loop. As soon as i lift the springs off the car is fine. I have tried different springs and oil with no luck. I was thinking of trying softer springs, like AE to see if that will work as the CRC blue is still reasonably hard. How does everyone run their side springs usually? And what should i try to fix my issues?

Another Q regarding the front end setup. I have now placed my servo flat as i find the car smoother to drive, but now ive lost that initial bite i had before with the angled sevo. I have tried most of the front end options, and Kit feels the best with no brace and short arms. Am i right in thinking more caster will help this? I have zero at the moment with 2 shims back, 1 front.

Also with the centre shock springs, on asphalt i have always used the olive spring, which is much softer than anyone else usually uses. It has worked well for me so i never really never felt the need to change it. I experemnted on the weekend and it was hard to tell, but i think i still prefered the olive compared to the Gold or white spring. Without timing though it was hard to tell what was faster. I could get out of a corner better with the olive spring, but the car stayed flatter with the harder middle spring. Are there any benifits to running a harder centre spring?

This is modified btw. Purple front, Magenta Rear tyres.

Thanks in advance.

Antoni

how much pod droop do you have ? when i have looping problems its usually because i have to much pod droop try a little less and see what happens. and try magenta front and pinks for rear tires.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #784
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just wanted to check. The CRC cars use metric hardware correct?
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is all standard hardware except the motor screws
Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #786
Tech Addict

Guys I need to get a bit more front end. Im running yellows and magentas and I'm running long arms with 5 deg mounts and shims all back. Its very stable but needs a bit more mid corner on the higher speed turns.

Thanks
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #787
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
how much pod droop do you have ? when i have looping problems its usually because i have to much pod droop try a little less and see what happens. and try magenta front and pinks for rear tires.
Ok thanks ill give that a go

Anyone have answers for my other questions?

Thanks

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #788
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Ok thanks ill give that a go

Anyone have answers for my other questions?

Thanks
While we all agreed that the magenta rears work a lot better than the pinks, we didn't try pink rears with magenta front yet. At ACT we found the magenta fronts gave a little less but more consistent and predictable steering than the evil purples.

Troy has been running side spring backed off but only just. That way when you lean a little into a corner it won't go too far. For me the soft side springs with the car tweaked on the hudy worked well. A big improvement from the 10cent coin method.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #789
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My Halloween classic setup
Old 10-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #790
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Kenny, was this setup from open 17.5 speedo? Just looking at rollout. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #791
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
Kenny, was this setup from open 17.5 speedo? Just looking at rollout. Thanks.
Yes it was 17.5 open
Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #792
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Yes it was 17.5 open
Hey Kenny, What speedo settings and motor were you running?

BMI - Parma - The Raceway at Beaver, PA
-showtime- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is there a new LiPo chassis that came out recently? I thought I heard that somewhere.
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #794
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Is there a new LiPo chassis that came out recently? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywhopper View Post
Hey Everybody,

There is no ETA for a new chassis yet. It is simply something we're trying right now. There will probably be a few more prototype versions before we nail down a production version. We're trying some new things to get the balance just right (front/back balance). Ever since the switch to lipo, we have felt there is more to be gained in the chassis area without just sticking with the same old design that was meant for heavy round batteries. We have confirmed some of our initial thoughts about a design change, while some ideas were proven wrong. One thing that's for sure is that we are learning a great deal and taking good notes. When a new chassis is eventually released, you can be sure that it will be a worthwhile performance gain and not just a way to sell some more parts.

John
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #795
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Guys I need to get a bit more front end. Im running yellows and magentas and I'm running long arms with 5 deg mounts and shims all back. Its very stable but needs a bit more mid corner on the higher speed turns.

Thanks
Tim

How much pod droop are you running? If your not already, try 1.5mm, it will also smooth the car out a little on the bumpy track.

Also, try using Pink rears instead of yellow.
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote