R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #766
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Finished 2nd in stock at the Halloween classic with the new solid/longer chassis. Car is super smooth thru corners and was on rails all weekend long. I will post up set up very soon. The chassis will be a must have for any Gen xl owner.Huge thanks to Frank, Brian, Mario, and Dave E for all the set up tips, help and dumper boot camp priceless knowledge that I could not of done as well without it this weekend.
Nice job Kenny. Next one is yours!

Any idea on pricing or availability for the chassis? Is it only a chassis, or is there more to the upgrade/new car?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #767
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great run this weekend Kenny!! Car was dialled, and you drove it WELL!! Can't wait to see you at the Champs.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #768
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Nice job Kenny. Next one is yours!

Any idea on pricing or availability for the chassis? Is it only a chassis, or is there more to the upgrade/new car?
Thank you Andrew, the only thing I ran was the new chassis and not sure when release date will be. Hopefully Johnny Whopper or maybe Dumper can shed some light on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Great run this weekend Kenny!! Car was dialled, and you drove it WELL!! Can't wait to see you at the Champs.
Thank you Ian, Looking forward to the Champs see you in a few weeks
Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #769
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Finished 2nd in stock at the Halloween classic with the new solid/longer chassis. Car is super smooth thru corners and was on rails all weekend long. I will post up set up very soon. The chassis will be a must have for any Gen xl owner.Huge thanks to Frank, Brian, Mario, and Dave E for all the set up tips, help and dumper boot camp priceless knowledge that I could not of done as well without it this weekend.
Sweet Kenny....nice run buddy!!!
You coming to Nats next year?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #770
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Sweet Kenny....nice run buddy!!!
Thanks JayBee
Old 10-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #771
Tech Elite

Dang Kenny... you a busy guy. Keep it up. Nice job!

Mario; you smart azz!
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #772
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so as of right now, right now, what are the lastest 1/12 scales and 1/10 scales called, and it seems as if theres a new chassis coming for the 1/12? and what is the part number for that killer 3 step tire truer bit?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #773
Tech Elite

5008 - The Final Cut Truing Bit

Worth every penny!
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #774
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The tire arbor is pretty cool too! Works for 1/12, WGT and TC.

5005 - True-all Tire Truer adapter
Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #775
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
...Tire Dia x pi / spur x pinion = roll out
43mm x 3.14 / 76 x 40 = 71mm r/o
Hey Brian, I find it a bit easier and has the same result if you use:

Tire Dia x Pi x Pinion / Spur
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #776
Tech Regular

Hey Everybody,

There is no ETA for a new chassis yet. It is simply something we're trying right now. There will probably be a few more prototype versions before we nail down a production version. We're trying some new things to get the balance just right (front/back balance). Ever since the switch to lipo, we have felt there is more to be gained in the chassis area without just sticking with the same old design that was meant for heavy round batteries. We have confirmed some of our initial thoughts about a design change, while some ideas were proven wrong. One thing that's for sure is that we are learning a great deal and taking good notes. When a new chassis is eventually released, you can be sure that it will be a worthwhile performance gain and not just a way to sell some more parts.

John
Old 10-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #777
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey guys got a few Q's.

I usually run my car with a floppy pod (side springs wound all the way up, not touching pod) and it has generally worked well for me. I have been running whites with 20k damper oil on medium grip asphalt tracks). My car works well but i find it a bit inconsistant to drive sometimes. When i drive the car hard i do get the rear to slide a bit, and then during a run it will slide on quick direction changes, but it will do it inconsistantly. Sometimes the car will "wiggle" also when coming onto a straight and I apply full throttle.

Im thinking the springs off the pod is causing this so i want to try and run them on it again. But everytime i try to the car dosent seem to work. Were the trouble is, is when the car is coming out of a corner the car will just loop. As soon as i lift the springs off the car is fine. I have tried different springs and oil with no luck. I was thinking of trying softer springs, like AE to see if that will work as the CRC blue is still reasonably hard. How does everyone run their side springs usually? And what should i try to fix my issues?

Another Q regarding the front end setup. I have now placed my servo flat as i find the car smoother to drive, but now ive lost that initial bite i had before with the angled sevo. I have tried most of the front end options, and Kit feels the best with no brace and short arms. Am i right in thinking more caster will help this? I have zero at the moment with 2 shims back, 1 front.

Also with the centre shock springs, on asphalt i have always used the olive spring, which is much softer than anyone else usually uses. It has worked well for me so i never really never felt the need to change it. I experemnted on the weekend and it was hard to tell, but i think i still prefered the olive compared to the Gold or white spring. Without timing though it was hard to tell what was faster. I could get out of a corner better with the olive spring, but the car stayed flatter with the harder middle spring. Are there any benifits to running a harder centre spring?

This is modified btw. Purple front, Magenta Rear tyres.

Thanks in advance.

Antoni

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #778
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
3rd page? Yikes.

Did you know...

The AE castor shim/clips fit nicely on the pro-strut front end replacing the CRC white/clear castor shims? This allows you to change castor without removing the castor block cap.

I imagine the CRC team guys would never dream of doing this, but I thought I would share regardless.

AWD
as soon as i put associated parts on my car, it immeadiatly swerved into the wall, and i started swearing in french.........wierd.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #779
Tech Elite

Quote:
Huge thanks to Frank, Brian, Mario, and Dave E for all the set up tips, help and DUMPER'S BOOT CAMP priceless knowledge that I could not of done as well without it this weekend.
to bad you never got past stage 3:

HOW TO TIGHTEN YOUR MOTOR SCREWS
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #780
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Fail...

I'm pretty stoked. I should have my fresh Gen XL running by next week for the NWIC Series Race #2. I'll be posting a race report after the race!

-Korey