Advanced Speedo Control in rnds 3 & 4 and Main

Car was good despite the bumpy conditions, Q - 2nd, finished 1st
Old 11-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #302
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_buran View Post
Here is my XL setup from the Halloween Classic:

10,000wt in one tube, 20,000wt in the other
Why would you have different tube lube from one side to the other? Which tube was the heavier one?
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would imaging to split the weight to 15000. It would not matter which tube due to the fact that they both move regardless of which way the pod tweaks around.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #304
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Why would you have different tube lube from one side to the other? Which tube was the heavier one?
The sides don't matter on the damper tubes, I wanted to achieve 15k (of which I didn't have), and I had 20 in them already, so I just changed 1 tube to 10k.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #305
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If the CRC lubes are 1000wt, 3000wt, and 10000wt (red, white, & blue caps), what are people using for 20000wt or 15000wt?

Thanks,
Carter
darcydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #306
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use diff oils from 8th scale offroad cars.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #307
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcydawg View Post
If the CRC lubes are 1000wt, 3000wt, and 10000wt (red, white, & blue caps), what are people using for 20000wt or 15000wt?

Thanks,
Carter
Most likely the OFNA diff lubes, since they seem to be readily available at most hobby shops that carry off-road buggies. Big bottles, and relatively cheap as well.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #308
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

Has anyone had ackermen problems. I'm using the kimbrough servo saver with a futaba 9650. The problem is when I turn right for instance, the inside wheel (right wheel) will be at its max angle, but the outside wheel (left wheel) will not be at its max angle, it has only rotated about 3/4 of its possible travel so its still pretty straight, and vise versa for turning left. I have tried all different servo positions, the old graphite knuckle pieces from the old car, spacers, ect and nothing works.
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 AM   #309
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare View Post
Has anyone had ackermen problems. I'm using the kimbrough servo saver with a futaba 9650. The problem is when I turn right for instance, the inside wheel (right wheel) will be at its max angle, but the outside wheel (left wheel) will not be at its max angle, it has only rotated about 3/4 of its possible travel so its still pretty straight, and vise versa for turning left. I have tried all different servo positions, the old graphite knuckle pieces from the old car, spacers, ect and nothing works.
Ryan my car is the same way and it work great. I think you are worried about stuff that doesn't really matter. I know I had my car maxed out and when I put it on the track it wanted to spin out so I ended up cutting my steering throw almost in half. I would try the car first and if it doesn't work good then worry about that stuff.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #310
Tech Adept

That is how the car should be. You should not be running that much steering anyway. 4 foot circles is pretty standard.
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #311
Tech Adept

I use Kyosho silicone diff oil in my tubes

I prefer the graphite horns on the sterring blocks over the plastic ones that come with the new XL, I think the steering geometry is better for me. However I do know that all the guys in vegas including Hupo ran the new plastic ones.

I agree 4 ft circle is a good place to start, at club races it's a bit smaller, and at big races, the circle gets bigger, due to the amount of grip.

If your car still pushes with a circle of 3.5 feet, you need to change the chassis and tire choice to generate more steering.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #312
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Aaron,
You have a PM.
-Wayne
Old 11-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #313
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have noticed on a lot of Gen-X setups posted latlely that people are running very little front camber, like .5 degrees, versus 1.5 degrees for many other cars, why is this, or what does it do for your set up or handleing, thanks!!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat View Post
I have noticed on a lot of Gen-X setups posted latlely that people are running very little front camber, like .5 degrees, versus 1.5 degrees for many other cars, why is this, or what does it do for your set up or handleing, thanks!!
More camber will usually increase steering mid-corner. For instance, on the rare occasions I run long-arm, I run between 1 and 2 degrees camber because the car has less camber gain, and therfore less mid-corner steering. I usually run short-arm, and run between .5 and 1 degree, because short-arm naturally has more camber gain, and therefore more mid-corner steering. Hope this helps.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #315
Tech Elite

Ian...How much camber do you run on your luggage cart?

Looking forward to gridding up with you in cleveland. I am glad we are both running stock...this way the only way you can ruin my race is to hack me.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote