R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2002, 04:31 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All favorites aside- I think DarkS hit it on the head and so has everyone else. ESC's now days are so close that as with many other things peoples' perceptions become their reality. You can have fifty people that have had great success with the LRP Quantum and ten that have not and the ten will insist that LRP's are bad. Vise versa, I have seen people have their Cyclones blow up but others around them work great and they will insist that Novak's are bad. I think what happens is that ESC's are one of those few items that cost a lot and when something goes wrong it usually means a frustrating early trip home from the track. As a result people want absolute bulletproof ESC's (I know I do) and the only way an ESC seems to get a reprieve is if we have had it for a couple of years without any problems. I am saying all of this to hopefully give you some perspective on this issue. LRP's now come with a lifetime warranty which as of this moment is unparalled in the industry. However, I expect that Novak, Keyence, and others will follow suit soon. As far as features think of them like you would a VCR or new TV, how many of those features really get used? When I had my Cyclone I set my preferences and rarely pulled out the pit wizard and I race on the National Level and do club practice/racing 2/wk! They (features)can be entertaining at best most of the times. As far as how much punch a speedo has that is a subjective thing that you may or may not be able to feel. If the extra punch isn't efficient however then it's a moot point. Finally, should you get a high end speedo or a middle of the road variant? If you can afford the high end get it!!! In business people generally want the expedient stuff and don't care about the future. The future ALWAYS gets here faster than anticipated and they wind up paying more when it does. Who knows for sure other than the LORD whether you will be racing next year or five years from now...but just in case.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 04:36 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BTW Bushido- Is that a 300TT you have a picture of??? I own one myself and it is my favorite car behind maybe only a Ferrari!
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:37 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Again I would like thank evrybody for the replies and advise on this matter. I think I am going to go with a Novak Dually for now and later on with a TC2 I drive stadium trucks also and that would give an excuse to buy another ESC. Also Darnold my body is an Stratus body, but is kind of bitup I am thinking on getting a porche body.

Again thank you..

Ed
Bushido41 is offline   Reply With Quote